Unit of the week: Lord Discordant on Helstalker

Cpt.Danjou

+++Unit of the week+++

CSM.jpg.a1934391d45672b1c98aa54c68e67db0.jpg

Lord Discordant on Helstalker

This thread is only for tactics for Lord Discordant on Helstalker, not for pictures, there are other places for that.

How to best use Lord Discordant on Helstalker?

• Warlord trait?
  • Relics?
  • Legion?
  • Marks?
  • Which stratagems are worth throwing out?
  • Any solid unit combos?

I've used mine in 3 games so far and every time my opponent has thrown everything at him until he's dead. I assume he's really, really good, because everyone is terrified of him, but in all 3 games he's been dead by the end of turn 2. Takes the focus away from everything else though, which has allowed me to win all 3 games.

I've been running mine as others have:

Baleflamer, Injector, WLT: Flames of Spite, Daemon weapon: Ul'ooca the Black

After realising I've been using Flames of Spite Rerolls to wound on the Flamer (does ignorance still count as cheating? :biggrin:), I've been thinking about the Discordant. It does a good amount of damage without Ul'ooca but tended to die pretty quickly without support which is easy to do when it's so fast and always wants to be moving. So I think I'm going to try out the Gorget of Eternal Hate. It gives him a 4+ invlun (doesn't have to rely on the MoP), essentially a 0+ armour save vs anything with AP and also explodes to add a cherry on top.

As Iron Warriors, we have ways of reducing wounding rolls by 1 which often times means he's only really going to be wounded on 4s at most as Discordants never really want to be anywhere near anything that's S12 anyways. I don't find I need the Magna Cutter as against vehicles, he's 3 DMG with mortals on 6s plus able to Corrupt them too.

Definitely more combos for me to try out!

13 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I've been running mine as others have:

Baleflamer, Injector, WLT: Flames of Spite, Daemon weapon: Ul'ooca the Black

After realising I've been using Flames of Spite Rerolls to wound on the Flamer (does ignorance still count as cheating? :biggrin:), I've been thinking about the Discordant. It does a good amount of damage without Ul'ooca but tended to die pretty quickly without support which is easy to do when it's so fast and always wants to be moving. So I think I'm going to try out the Gorget of Eternal Hate. It gives him a 4+ invlun (doesn't have to rely on the MoP), essentially a 0+ armour save vs anything with AP and also explodes to add a cherry on top.

As Iron Warriors, we have ways of reducing wounding rolls by 1 which often times means he's only really going to be wounded on 4s at most as Discordants never really want to be anywhere near anything that's S12 anyways. I don't find I need the Magna Cutter as against vehicles, he's 3 DMG with mortals on 6s plus able to Corrupt them too.

Definitely more combos for me to try out!

I will say I for survival purposes I often give mine the MoS and give him the FnP plus fight first is really decent with him.