Salamanders Legion Transfer Sheet - explanation required

Lexandro

Hello everyone!

I just got one of the Salamanders Legion Transfer Sheets in my hands and it looks like I need some explanation what all the icons, badges and markings actually mean. I want to avoid using them in a wrong way.

For example at the moment I am painting a Leviathan Dreadnought (almost done) and I'm unsure which icons make sense. Is there any source where all the badges are explained a bit? Would be quite helpful. :thanks: 

image.png.f0c9d4618b5d823b7dffc61e1f707d2d.png

Pretty sure this is right.

1: Legion Icons

2: Squad markings (I think)

3: Veteran Squad markings

4: Promethean Cult Initiation markings

5: Original Company Markings dating back to early Great Crusade Terran Legion.

I think the forward facing dragon heads are something to do with the Cult if I remember right and is used on areas of armour in addition to the Legion Icon, so on a chest plate or leg. The diamond shape  are definitely promethean cult. 

sallies.thumb.png.4a0af027f409c38cf4770f01230cf66b.png

There is a little bit in the Liber Astartes but I think most of the icons were from colour plates in the original Black Books and never really explained that deeply.

Edited by Doghouse

There are a couple of topics listed in the Resources index that will be helpful, but each only addresses a portion of the decals.

Salamanders Cuneiform Code Cracked - + SALAMANDERS + - The Bolter and Chainsword

gallery_26_548_154053.jpg (700×987) (bolterandchainsword.com) < Actually, this one is an image from the first of the 3rd edition Index Astartes articles