Did the Cadia Stands box not sell well?

4 hours ago, Hiroitchi said:

I bought three. Lol

I was about to say I know of one person in the process of painting three up :biggrin:

I haven't seen many on shelves at my local gaming stores, but that can either mean that they were all purchased or that there wasn't a big shipment of them in, so inconclusive. 

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Considering when the box was made available so close to the Christmas Battleforces and Christmas in general, my guess would be that people might have delayed getting the models or went with different purchases like the Battleforces.

For EU at the moment availability of GW stuff is still somewhat random in terms of delays, with some pre releases being in stock rather quickly and other ones being quite slow to reach the retailers, from what I could tell.

Obviously, delays in getting the product to the retailers might mean that many people are still waiting for their boxes or have not started working on the boxes they ordered.

I got my box right on release, but with the time of year it is I just haven't had time to do all of it. Just the Command Squad and Sentinel so far.

One of the FLGS in my area at least had some boxes left a week after...but I think that's more a reflection on there not being that many Guard players left after the years of neglect and the ones that are tend to have pretty decent forces as is.

This time of year is always a busy period. Whether hoping for it as a gift, or buying it for yourself and stashing it 'til some free time comes up – I suspect there'll be quite a few happy faces come Christmas day. 

Coming out alongside the a range of other 'big boxes' might have impacted things, and we're all having to tighten our belts a bit, but (anecdotally at least) the Guard are amongst GW's best sellers. A box of all-new kits has likely sold respectably.

Edited by apologist

1 hour ago, jarms48 said:

I didn’t see the point. I’ll just use my regular Cadians as shock troops. I’ll just use my current officers as command squads and Castellans. Current sentinels as sentinels. Even my FW carriages as FOB’s. If I need to rebase I’ll just do that.

I feel like a lot of legacy guard players fall into this category. 

Certainly the case for me, I don't need infantry. The carriages didn't entice me, the sentinels I'd get separately. 

This box seems similar to the Holiday bundles. Good for new or starting collectors. 

27 minutes ago, duz_ said:

I feel like a lot of legacy guard players fall into this category. 

Certainly the case for me, I don't need infantry. The carriages didn't entice me, the sentinels I'd get separately. 

This box seems similar to the Holiday bundles. Good for new or starting collectors. 

It’s an interesting mindset. Seems like marine players can never get enough tac marines or intercessors, and will buy a box like this as long as there’s a few models in the box that they want/need

Given that the existing Cadian sprues are roughly 20 years old (the basic cadian sprue was dated 2003 the last time I got them) and the other kits have also been around for a long time, most guard players will have more than enough of the existing line and might not want to add more or replace the older sculpts with the new ones, so there will be many who will skip the current box unless there is something inside they really want (like the codex for example).

I personally have enough infantry between the previous cadians, stuff I built from Anvil Industry parts, kits from Wargames Atlantic and so on, which means this kind of boxes are not so interesting for me, given the price point and the amount of stuff I would be interested to buy (perhaps if the focus had been more on the new vehicles).

Not quite a 1:1 comparison with Marines though. 

They're a relatively elite army. Take my RG for example I had 3 tactical squads and a couple of Devs. It's relatively inexpensive to offload all of them and upgrade to primaris. 5 boxes half an army. 

My Mordians on the other than, 130+ infantry models, plus HWT and characters. 

I have no intention to replace them all and mixing and matching these different proportions isn't on the plate for me. 

To add to what duz_ said, the fact that marine boxes often contain similar kits is typically why you see players with multiple marine forces.

You get some extra marines and paint them differently and you get a small detachment or something with the spares, or use them for conversions and do something custom with the models you were less interested in getting (like equipping the marines with something that you are lacking in your army).

With larger forces like guard that is often different and not everyone will want to expand their collection or replace when new kits have dropped.

I suppose I'm a legacy player..... though I mainly see myself as old. I need to get all my stuff out of boxes and see where I'm at because I have no idea what I have. I do know that I've a big pile unpainted and a big pile nos. 

I'll get the new stuff but need to prioritise what I can realistically get done so as not to add to my piles of shame. There's a few new things that will get bumped up the list. To be honest I think the new codex has given me new ideas so I'll have to write a new list. So painting 20 kasrkin seems like a good idea but I know that 20 new shock troopers would end up nos for a while. I'm pretty sure I've a squad of mordians in need of painting with some female Victoria miniatures with special weapons to paint. That seems like a good thing to be getting on with. 

I feel like duz is going to rightly call on me to do some sort of project with pictures! Should of kept my blooming mouth shut! Although I could do with a kick up the arse!

3 hours ago, Santaclauswitz said:

I feel like duz is going to rightly call on me to do some sort of project with pictures! Should of kept my blooming mouth shut! Although I could do with a kick up the arse!

Giant pile of shame you say? Lucky for you we have just thing thing for you! Right here:yes:

Now if you have any questions, or concerns, the Commissariat's door is always open for summary discussion. :wink:

I’m a legacy player as well. I have 20k points of guard and bought into buying the new scuplts.  

im excited for the Rogal dorn, castellan, lord Solar, and heavy weapon teams.

to me having bought 3x Boxes of Cadia stands is admittedly excessive and unnecessary, however it has given me an interest in infantry lists. Pretty stoked.