+++ Muster the Guard: Hobby Challenge +++

GreenScorpion
Go to solution Solved by GreenScorpion,

large.1510132155_221119Mustertheguardban

Greetings Commanders!

War dominates the Imperium and the High Lords of Terra have determined that several crusading armies are required to bring humanity back to the Light of the Emperor!

High Command has determined that your inability to complete your objective of purging the heretic, eradicating the alien and burning the traitor is a direct result of inadequate manpower and insufficient equipment. As such, new machines of war have been assigned to your regiments. You now have the best weapons the Imperium has to offer. New uniforms, equipment and weapons have also been allocated to your forces. It is now your responsibility to raise new regiments, to crew these vehicles and bring glory to the Emperor's name.

Objective:
Raise as many units as possible, to be parade ready (assembled and painted) by February 4th. 

Critical dates:

• This is an open event, so participants can pledge or add to their pledges throughout the entire period of the event.
    • Once you have made your pledge and posted your before picture, you may commence building and or painting the pledged unit
    • To enter, post your before picture with your pledge:
      • "In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander <name> of the <regiment>, shall raise a <unit> by February 4th."
  •    November 26th - February 3rd : Hobby period
    • Hobby in earnest! WIP and update posts are encouraged!
  •    February 4th : End of event
    • Pictures of the completed unit must be posted by 23:59 in your local time

Those who successfully carry out these orders, will be provided a medal honouring their service to the Emperor and Imperial Guard.

Event notes:

• You can pledge at any time throughout the event. There is no minimum or maximum pledge.
  • Pledged units shall not be completed beyond primer, or a single solid base coat.
    • Exception: Each participant will be permitted to pledge a single unit that is partially completed (i.e. beyond simple priming or base coating).
    • If you are unsure, post the an image of the proposed unit and the the Commissariat and aide de camp can make the necessary determination. 
  • During this event you can pledge for any valid unit from the current Astra Militarum 9th edition Codex.
  • You may also pledge terrain features / buildings for this event.
    • This includes kit bashes, conversions, sculpted miniatures and scratch built miniatures.
  • Badges will be issued at the end of the event that can be added to your signature.
    • These badges will indicate different levels of completed units per FoC or overall.
  • To facilitate pledge tracking, you can indicate the type of FoC of the unit you pledged using the forum emojis :DTran::Elite::FA::Flyer::Fort::HQ::HS::LoW::Troops:

Any further questions can be directed to you local Commissar.

Carry on troops and good luck!

Edited by GreenScorpion

Participant List:

Edited by GreenScorpion

Yeah, I’m in on this!

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Jud of the 3rd Siege Regiment shall raise a Leman Russ Tank Commander and 3 Heavy Weapons Teams by February 4th.

I’ll take pics soon and update. I’ve got the Russ but I’m waiting for the HWT to be delivered.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Greatcrusade08 of the Montgomery 101st, shall raise two infantry sqauds and a command squad by February 4th

Edit: These are from the cadia stands set, pics of sprue:

sprues.jpg

Edited by greatcrusade08

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander Ultima, I, Commander apologist of the Lamb's World LVth, shall raise an Infantry platoon by February 4th."

:Troops:

2B30B544-F3FF-47EF-872A-C16B6C81A1EF.jpeg

4CFAA1A9-F2FB-494F-AE42-CC9E973C6947.jpeg

Apologies for the vague definition of platoon; I'm not quite sure how the organisation in the new Codex works out, but I'm planning on painting the pictured 25 guardsmen and women (and the dog!)

Edited by apologist
Adding pictures at the right size.

1 hour ago, TCC said:

I’m just waiting for my 2xCadia stands boxes to arrive before committing with the pics. I have just started painting my Kasrkin last night, 4 of the models are blocked in tan, black and green - could I count that unit? Thanks 

@TCC This portion of the rules take the situation you mentioned with the Kasrkin into account:

Pledged units shall not be completed beyond primer, or a single solid base coat.

• Exception: Each participant will be permitted to pledge a single unit that is partially completed (i.e. beyond simple priming or base coating).

As long as part of the unit is at most with primer/base coat, it is a valid entry, but it needs to be stated on the pledge clearly and be backed by the pictures of the current status of the unit. We tried to keep it as open as possible, but everything needs to be clear so we track things correctly.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander GreenScorpion leader of the regiments allied to Cornelivs Maximvs, shall raise a group of fortifications :Fort: (7 models) by February 4th."

Small Fort and long barricades (2 models):

Hbgm9Zk.jpg

Tower and long wall section (2 models):

jSo4xRj.jpg

Fortified Garage (1 model):

mCjDOEw.jpg

Short wall section and long wall section (2 models):

n4QzHqO.jpg

@Lord_Ikka You can probably do a partial unit pledge for those models (you pledge to complete for example the 6 missing models of x model unit), in which case you could put a pledge picture with the full unit, including the models already painted, but stating that you are pledging only the models that are unpainted (clearly mentioning numbers and such for tracking).

@Brother-Chaplain Kage Once you make the formal pledge I will add it to the list. In case you edit the existing post just mention me or duz_ to make tracking easier.

@our_baz Your pledge was added to the list.

@apologist I assumed 2 infantry squads of 10 soldiers each and a 5 man command squad for now, for the tracking post, if that needs to be changed, let me know.

1 minute ago, sairence said:

So I currently have a Fortress of Arrogance project I'm working on. The Baneblade turret is completely done, the entire hull is still unpainted on the sprues. Would it be okay to pledge this? :)

@sairence The hull is like 90% of the model and since duz_ and myself discussed that we would accept partially completed units, I think it would be ok.

@duz_ would you have any issues with this model being pledged?

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Trokair of the 7th Rhûnish Dragoons, shall raise the below units by February 4th.

• Armoured Fist Squad (Infantry :Troops: and Chimera :DTran:)
  • Devil Dog :FA: (or whichever the melta one is)

Armoured Fist Squad

This was converted for Knives in the Void Kill Team challenge, but as I haven’t worked out a colour scheme they are sitting around unpainted.

Spoiler

large.810240475_7thRhnishDragoonsWIP4.jp

image.jpeg

Devil Dog

This was acquired at auction at the local store, and after a little refurbishment was reprimmed as seen here, which I pledged as my November 12 Month of Hobby model, so I do need to get a move on, luckily the weather was good to day so it is now further primed in leadbelcher. Hoping for this to be a colour scheme test for the Chimera and by extension the guardsmen.

Once I have these done I am thinking of trying some further conversion to make a 1000p army with the new Codex. 

Edited by Trokair

50 minutes ago, MedicMike0708 said:

I have a bunch of stuff coming for Christmas? Should I pledge on models I don’t technically have yet and won’t for a month? Or is the solution, pledge MORE, as in pledge what I have and then add the new models to it?

Pledge when you have the models. You have plenty of time! 

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Commissar Roach of the Helvin 78th and the Praetorian 562nd, shall raise the units below by February 4th.

• A 10 man rough rider unit for the Helvin 78th
  • A commander and command squad for the Praetorian 562nd
  • 2 10 man infantry squads for the Praetorian 562nd
  • 3 heavy weapon teams for the Praetorian 562nd
  • a 10 man rough rider squad for the Praetorian 562nd
  • and a Malcador battle tank for the Praetorian 562nd

6DERZEi.jpg

about 75%-80% of the bits/models needed for this pledge. the tank and the rest of the rough riders are still STL's and are on the thumbdrive waiting to be printed.

Pictures to be added later, as i'm still printing out the bits for the helvin rough riders (german themed guard) and waiting on some bits for the rest to get here in the mail.

Edited by commissar_roach
adding pledge picture and fixed name of tank.

(Hope it's ok that I changed the words of the pledge slightly :biggrin:)

In the name of the Emperor and High Lords of Terra, I Commander Inquisitor Nyx of the Ravenmere Crusade of the Ordo Maledictum, shall raise the below units by February 4th.

• A 10 man infantry squad of the 99th Vostroyan Firstborn
  • Commissar Ibram Gaunt and his Ghosts of the Tanith 1st and only

20221120_144013.jpg

20221126_131335.jpg

Edited by Nyx of the Night

Well, I've been saving a unit for this so here goes

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Harrowmaster of the 53rd Army Group, shall raise an infantry squad for the Krieg 479th Siege Assault Regiment by February 4th

large.20221113_155542.jpg.dc548a7291e48fd54526bfb9533a4215.jpg

Edit: Just realised I got the regiment number wrong :wallbash:it's the 479th not the 379th.

Edited by Harrowmaster