Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

I've got a resin one, so don't need another. But this is cool, particularly as it may well mean a Cerberus (which I do want) soon.

Also Valrak told us we'd get a Scorpius, Typhon and jetbikes. I'm looking forward to seeing the jetbikes soon now, and glad to see a rumour proved at least 2/3 right.

23 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

Also Valrak told us we'd get a Scorpius, Typhon and jetbikes. I'm looking forward to seeing the jetbikes soon now, and glad to see a rumour proved at least 2/3 right.

I have to concur that the greatest part of today's news is we should see jetbikes in 2023.

Typhon looks like a Typhon. Don't want one but they look great.

3 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Pretty expected since the spartan already made the transition. You'd need what, 1 new sprue?

I think the leviathan is the only completely 'new' kit they've shown since the launch day isn't it? Everything else has been additional sprues to kits revealed then.

36 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

Can't wait! Will likely get multiple boxes when the launch.

For what it's worth, I don't actually rate this thing that highly as a tank - which is annoying as I've got one. Its AP3 gun can't do better than a single hp on vehicles (or buildings, which sucks as that's supposedly its job).

It is quite good at killing infantry, thanks to Brutal 4. Even if it doesn't rend (and it does that on a 4+) at best they'll be taking 4 2+ saves each, or a wound at S12. Even Custodes won't enjoy that.

Generally though, I think the Cerberus is a better all-rounder. It's great to just fire multiple shots, especially since each one has a decent chance of popping a tank. It looks like we'll probably get these, so I'll wait for that.

Anyone who used to play these in 1.0 will find their gun is far less powerful and they aren't super-heavies any more, but they did gain flare shields.

Nice tank, I'm wondering if it'll be priced the same as the Spartan, or a little higher. Personally I'd get one if my HH collection was done, but as it is I'll see what else is out by the time I'm more caught up.

1 minute ago, Mandragola said:

For what it's worth, I don't actually rate this thing that highly as a tank - which is annoying as I've got one. Its AP3 gun can't do better than a single hp on vehicles (or buildings, which sucks as that's supposedly its job).

It is quite good at killing infantry, thanks to Brutal 4. Even if it doesn't rend (and it does that on a 4+) at best they'll be taking 4 2+ saves each, or a wound at S12. Even Custodes won't enjoy that.

Generally though, I think the Cerberus is a better all-rounder. It's great to just fire multiple shots, especially since each one has a decent chance of popping a tank. It looks like we'll probably get these, so I'll wait for that.

Anyone who used to play these in 1.0 will find their gun is far less powerful and they aren't super-heavies any more, but they did gain flare shields.

Ya it basically went from "best unit in the game" to "it's a bit niche". If you want to bomb down marines you can get 4 Scorpius for 25 more points. If you want an actual super heavy with a blast weapon that can deal with anything for your lord of war slot, you get the falchion for 650:

• Str 14 AP 1 no cover. 
  • Roll 3d6 and discard the one lowest for armour pen.
  • Inflicts d3 hull points instead of 1.
  • Inflicts d3 wounds instead of 1.

The Typhon isn't bad like most of it's blast-wielding contemporaries, but it's still overshadowed in it's role.