Seekers in 2.0

2gud2bbad

@Mandragola this is the phrase on page 170

If several pools of Wounds need to be allocated then the player whose unit receives the attacks decides the order in which they are allocated. All of the Wounds in a given pool must be allocated before moving on to the next.

Theres separate wound pools they gained the special rule as a result of their roll to hit.

Sometimes an attack will gain a bonus or special rule depending on the results rolled To Hit or To Wound (for example, due to the Rending special rule, see page 246). If any such Wounds are caused, split them into separate Wound Pools

@Astartes Consul I actually mixed it with the old ultramarine trait where it was a reroll to wound, so i was thinking reroll to hit lol. A proper read through is a flat +1 to hit, which is mostly redundant, but is helpful for brute forcing night fight. Logos gives full rerolls though, and can position with infiltrate and a rhino before turning it on turn 2.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I love my seekers, they earned their spot in every list from day one!

I don’t get a lot of synergy out of them beyond the IH LA (which is still good). Generally they tend to set up in some cover and get the unenviable task of shooting lascannon squads. 

I'd love to get some seekers, but there are no models out there I'd want to use as a base, so I'm happy to shelve the idea while I plow through my backlog in the hope a lovely plastic squad may come out in future.

48 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I'd love to get some seekers, but there are no models out there I'd want to use as a base, so I'm happy to shelve the idea while I plow through my backlog in the hope a lovely plastic squad may come out in future.

The old seeker bolters were just a standard Mk4 (tigris?) bolter with drum mag and a scope, as I recall, so it could be as simple as adding drum mags and scopes to the mk6, I've gone with Deathwatch kraken bolters as they feature scopes and shot selectors, and I'm extending the barrel a little. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mandragola said:

Understood, but it matters which wounds are rolled for first. We aren't told which this should be.

Edit: but this isn't the rules forum so I should self-moderate and leave that discussion elsewhere.

There was some discussion recently here: