=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

Welp... I am not going to get the Eradicators done, not even for the Overtime...  I am within an hour or two for completion and am cursing my own procrastination this past week.  I am about to start a training course outside my normal work which will mean I have absolutely no hobby time for the next week.  All it would have taken was a little more effort earlier.  I am unfortunately down a my fine detail brush so what job I have done on them is substandard.

Oh well, once or twice in 15 or so months isn't too bad.

I, Brother Argent, vow to finish my three Eradicators from last month (that form part of my plodding along vow) for the Month of April.

I may make more vows when my next Imperium drop arrives but this is going to be a difficult month.  Another ten painful warriors and I am not home every second week.  Wish me luck.

I would like to add a plodding along pledge, and that's to have a Demi-company of the Blood Angels' Third company fully painted and based by the end of the year.

I need two battleline squads and two dreadnaughts to complete, for a roster of 6 battleline squads, 2 close support squads, two fire support squads, and three dreadnaughts. 

3 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

I need two battleline squads and two dreadnaughts to complete, for a roster of 6 battleline squads, 2 close support squads, two fire support squads, and three dreadnaughts. 

Isn't that a full and not a demi-company? I wish you good luck with that project! 

I'm still on the Jackals (the real kind, not these World Eater interlopers) this month, although I've gotten a fair bit done during the tag end of March. So far they've gone from this:

large.sprue.jpg.5997165e65c5e714e5f4909c16bbe35c.jpg

to this:

large.20230402_222437.jpg.17d80546f305f749a74da8f8591f8c2b.jpg

Most of the base colours are down, with a few of the more detailed bits to go before shading. So...

I, Rogue, vow to complete four Atalan Jackals before the end of April.

7 hours ago, Rhavien said:

Isn't that a full and not a demi-company? I wish you good luck with that project! 

It used to be, but I'm going off of guilliman's reorganization. 

Each squad has either 5 members, or three in the case of certain squads like Eliminators. 

Edited by Paladin777

Squeezing in for completion, overtime baby! March vow finished- 1 Ordos Alius Ogryn-quisitor (previously pic'd), 2 Servitor Ogryns, 4 Death Cult Assassins (Corpse Grinder Initiates), and 6 Crusaders (Corpse Grinder Skinners).

M5PrOdB.jpeg

7cjCK1y.jpeg

zX5ZGbw.jpeg

T7TAGL9.jpeg

s8KAEcC.jpeg

So for Plodding Along I've finished the following- 10 Inquisition Meltagunners, 10 Inquisition Volley-Gunners, 3 Inquisition Medics, 1 Inquisition Casualty, 10 Adepta Sororitas sisters, 10 Novitiates, 1 Missionary, 2 Preachers, 1 Ordos Alius Ogryn-quisitor, 2 Servitor Ogryns, 1 Reductor Tech-priest

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of April the following-

5 Lychguard, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Chronomancer, 1 Canoptek Reanimator, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto-thralls, 1 Triarch Stalker.

Qc1WGai.jpeg

I brother carpenter vow to build and paint for the month of april one bellisarius cawl.

It was my wife honestly. We were in the gw today and she said oh what a cutie.... That was cawl.... And i have been trying to avoid admech like hell because they look so good..........

I hate her, I think.

16807070821115004364170810257134.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 1:14 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

I, Brother Captain Arkley, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 4 Sons of Horus Beaks for the glory of The Warmaster by month's end.

20230330_130645.jpg

Well I did finish these a little late... I really should not do vows at the end of the month... work gets busy.

Anyway I present my first 5 Sons of Horus marines...

large.20230405_183717.jpg.99923bf82638b179460a78c4d36f42bf.jpglarge.20230405_183706.jpg.76930056250ceffc83cb02397466f68a.jpglarge.20230405_183651.jpg.db5dba09ba525309bdd716d8caa26ff6.jpg

A bit late putting my vow up, I've started the models but haven't downloaded my pictures of the unpainted state since the weekend....

I, Cleon embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete a thousand Sons Maulerfiend, a squad of Custodian guard, an Emperors Children Praetor and his retinue and a pile of zone mortalis walls by month's end.

AprminiBuild.thumb.jpg.4dbe8ebcd216d45bf6128d2c89275617.jpg

AprECBuild.thumb.jpg.20d4e13af5db219f9e536f9083d56c9f.jpg

AprZMbuild.thumb.jpg.36dc33c9a31a7fb1169f5a36704080b8.jpg

If Easter is a bit wet and miserable I might even get my plodding along Knight and some boarding terrain built too.

I, Brother Captain Arkley, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete Not Perturabo, Ultramarines Chapter Ancient and the remaining parts of Guilliman for the glory of Chaos and the Imperium by month's end.

20230405_233349.jpg

@Brother Carpenter I've also been eyeing AdMech since the range refresh, and fortunately the Imperium Collection has a small contingent. I managed to snag a complete Imperium set on eBay for cheap, and have / will double up once mine all arrive. I can't afford the unit I want, but it is damn temping.

Side note, wife's a keeper :thumbsup:

@Brother Carpenter Haha, I feel for you! Also, what you described felt very relatable. Good job with the model thus far!

I, Brother Christopher, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 1 Rubbish Emperor's Champion by the month's end.

Spoiler

jMtQzNd.jpg

Also, I attempted to make a plodding along vow sometime last month, but it's not included in the April's post. Is it just an oversight (which is understandable with so much traffic here!) or is a single model not eligible for the plodding along thingy?

On 3/24/2023 at 12:57 PM, Brother Christopher said:

Following Brother Carpanter's recommendation, I think it's about time to finish this.

I, Brother Christopher, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, vowing a plodding along project consisting in finishing assembly and painting my long-overdue DIY Plastic Thunderhawk Gunship.

Reveal hidden contents

https://i.imgur.com/8TeUu87.jpg

I know that it may seem silly to vow a single model but believe me, I'm not a hasty hobbyist. Quite embarrassingly, it seems that I started this project way back in 2012. For anyone curious about the history of this much-neglected endeavour, you can visit my WIP thread containing lots and lots of photos of seemingly random bits.

Oh boy, when I last tried to participate, my modest vow became entirely untenable because of life events (unexpected health complications, no biggie, all taken care of now, just made painting hard/impossible to focus on). So I'm going to give it another try, because I do love this and think it will help me get more hobby work done this year, as I try to slay some gray.

I, jkoczan42, embark upon the 12 months of hobby challenge, and I vow to paint 5 tactical marines during the month of April, for the glory of Olympia.