=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Brother Captain Arkley, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete Commander Dante and a Word Bearers Contemptor for the glory of Chaos and the Imperium by month's end.

20230430_221435.jpg

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete one metal World Eaters Lord on Juggernaut by month's end.

This is after two rounds in the stripping tank to clean it up from the previous owners partial strip attempt. Also as the original backpack is plastic and not in a good shape I grabbed a sprue of old school chaos backpacks.  

large.RR2023JuggerLordStart.png.892f5711

Well im still not sure what mood im in. So, even though I don't feel like painting this guy (I don't not feel like painting him either... if that makes sense....) I, Kennyjapan, for the month of May, pledge to complete this single Invictarii Suzerian. Hopefully doing so will give me an idea of what I do feel like painting.

jNUr8QQ.jpg

myoY281.jpg

I, Mandaloriano, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a Defiler by month's end.

And For Plodding Along Vow, I embark in finishing a Chaos Warhound Titan, Which I am going to separate into several subparts, Head (almost finished), Vulcan Mega-Bolter Arm, Plasma Blastgun Arm, Body (Almost finished), Interiors (partially painted), Details on the base. The Legs of the Titan are finished.

So During May, i want to finish at least one sub part of the titan.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.ab4335e46fd8ee1d9c0c3cb6f6ac3ee3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.67214eb0da735504139f8ab5a8e1984b.jpeg

Edited by mandaloriano
I forget something about the titan.

On 5/1/2023 at 10:37 AM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

I, Brother Captain Arkley, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete Commander Dante and a Word Bearers Contemptor for the glory of Chaos and the Imperium by month's end.

20230430_221435.jpg

Dante is on hold due to xenos interference (Can't find his head)

20230502_194630.jpg

20230418_155450.jpg

Doing some serious progress here! But I really appreciate it because basically I only have two weeks this month. One is gone because of holiday travel and another one because we get a new roof on the house :rolleyes:

It's also the first time I used my pretty new airbrush for zenithal highlighting. I got one as a birthday present from my wife this year and I'm still trying to figure everything out. 

IMG_20230502_210848_edit_591126518554588.jpg

IMG_20230503_102603.jpg

56 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

Lets hope it's on the floor and there wont be poop-diving involved .... :sick:

I don't think he swallowed it... It had the halo on. But he has a bad habit of wondering off with his "prizes"....

Hell I found a brush I lost about 2 years ago in the opposite end of my house... Frankly put Grot he is a thieving bastard :).

Overtime completion of my April vow - the remaining 5 Serberys Raiders (along with their already completed companion):

P_20230503_153710_1.thumb.jpg.aa5958b850d7a466c7ffcc74de49640a.jpgP_20230503_153810_1.thumb.jpg.d8ac30465c09c35df644d67a886a7dd7.jpg

I need to take some time off from AdMech, so: I, Madao, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 10 Tau Breachers for the glory of the Greater Good/Khorne/Commander Farsight, by the month's end.

Spoiler

P_20230503_151239.thumb.jpg.60b146016508eb52905a850020ceda6b.jpg

Edited by Madao
Spelling issues :(

On 5/1/2023 at 10:37 AM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

20230430_221435.jpg

Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

So for my own piece of mind I am withdrawing from May entirely. Come back in June with a fresh approach and clear minded.

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

19 hours ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

So for my own piece of mind I am withdrawing from May entirely. Come back in June with a fresh approach and clear minded.

I hope that things will get better soon. Good luck with the important stuff and see you back in June!

Those are good-looking marines. I like the scratching on the holsters - nice touch.

Here's my vow for May: it's a pair of wolfquads to round out my recent foray in Jackals.

large.20230428_212900.jpg.649a119555ae32cce6e35023e5586b1c.jpg

I, Rogue, vow to complete two Atalan Wolfquads before the end of May.

Sorry to be a pain, but i've suddenly encountered a hankering to paint some guardsmen, so would like to amend my May vow, by adding a squad of guardsman to go along with the Invictarii I already have pledged!

The squad of Guardsmen - Various stages of completion/repainting

54n1grU.jpg

I also have far too many Guardsmen (among other armies) that desperately need to be done, so i'm going to attempt to put a self-imposed 2 week goal for these... so expect everything done an 2hours before June :laugh: