=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

23 minutes ago, jkoczan42 said:

Interesting question- With the 10th ed Call to Arms, would it be cool to double dip and participate here and there as well? 

@Grotsmasha is the final arbiter, but I've cross-participated before so I expect it'd be fine.

Provided @Grotsmasha okays it so I can double dip:
For July, I vow to paint
1 TDA Librarian

1TDA Captain 
5 Infernus marines
5 Terminators
for 40k and the honor of my as of yet unnamed Salamander successor chapter.

and

I vow to paint a
Leviathan dreadnought,

2 heavy bolter support squad members

3 despoilers

for 30k and the honor of the IVth. 

Gonna be a busy month for me to get everything accomplished, but it'll be fun.

Edit: unfortunately, my primaris captain met an end as a kitten chew toy (she somehow got it off my desk without disturbing anything else) so I'm swapping it out for the Characters from Leviathan.

Edited by jkoczan42

7 hours ago, jkoczan42 said:

Interesting question- With the 10th ed Call to Arms, would it be cool to double dip and participate here and there as well? 

Grotsmash as been a supporter of cross participation with other events in the past, so I see no reason why it would not be the case this time, especially as he is co running the other event. After all more models painted is more models finished, and that is what the 12 months are all about.

I certainly intend to vow in both. 

Edited by Trokair

Just about got him finished in time, I'll admit I may have had a slight panic moment with how late i'd left it to start :facepalm:

mnD7DjC.jpg

xt78odB.jpg

EMVtjc2.jpg

Not bothering with his outer scenic base for the moment as i'm toying with the idea of making my own custom base in the future, his head's also still bluetacked cause i'm thinking of getting a 40k Lion at some point and stealing his helmet for Guilli (de-winged of course). Also eye's were left with a little wash as I haven't painted eyes in about 7years and Rob was not the mini to start trying on again, real life it doesn't look so alien from tabletop distances anyway

EDIT: having seen the larger image's I need to play with Phone's camera settings as the gold is nowhere near as dark out as its coming out and the sword isn't so... stripey...

Edited by Kennyjapan

Hey you brave gray-slayers! :laugh:
I've been lost those couple months to another gaming system, but I feel like I'm ready to paint some 40k again.
Will start slow with part of my Call to Arms vow:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete any of the 7 Terminator models (TDA Captain, TDA Librarian, 5-man Terminator squad) for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

(starting pic in the link below)

Edited by Majkhel

Hello friends, sorry I have been AWOL so long. Here’s 2 models from my February(?) vow complete.

Spoiler

I can’t seem to paint a chainsword without hazard stripes, even though in this case it was not really suited to the palette of the kill team.  The Tzaangor was an attempt at dry brushing the skin grey and then going over with Nihilakh Oxide, but I think genuine contrast would be better.

I have been making slow progress on other models, might see you in the 30k chat sometime.

@Grotsmasha - how about for a July vow you randomise me one of the 18 Horus Heresy legions, and I’ll find a suitable model?

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2243.jpeg

Edited by LameBeard

I am going to be working on Votann for the next three month curtsey of the Call to Arms event, and as I have not worked out a colour scheme yet I am going to start small.

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Jully pledge to complete at least ten Hearthkyn Warriors by month's end.

Post from the Call to Arms with starting picture of the entire built force.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Trokair said:

So my intention for this event is going to be to get my current built Votann done. But having made a list, and having some more units to build, and an entire another project on the go that I need to finish before year’s end I am going to vow a more realistic chunk for now.

For reference the entire list is:

• 1 Kahl
  • 1 Champ
  • 30 Hearthkyn
  • 5 Hearthguard
  • 5 Beserks
  • 6 Pioneers
  • 1 Sagitaur

And on the to be built pile:

• 1 Uthar
  • 1 Gandalf + 2 birdies
  • 1 Iron Master + 4 friends
  • 3 Thunderkyn
  • 1 Sagitaur
  • 1 Hekaton

Picture of all the built stuff.

image.png.33c3b014823f1b8970c8ff9faf2c064d.png

So, vow time.

"I, Trokair, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 30 Hearthkyn Warriors for 30 pts for the Glory of Ancestors and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

I haven’t worked out a colour scheme yet, so starting on the warriors will give me a bit of time to work it out.

I, Brother Argent, start my July vows with 1x Kataphron Destroyer by months end.

large.Kataphron2Before.jpg.fc06340430bf24ffba3c87b4cc1ca61d.jpg.defd9b600f6c5a4d026af6202bff2f3e.jpg

For a model I was super excited to paint... with me about to receive Leviathan and looking at re-inventing my Tyranids I have lost interest in this guy now.  Still, I need to push through.  I am hoping to maybe get him sorted and possibly even my next bit from the Imperium magazines before I get into Leviathan.  

On 6/24/2023 at 9:08 AM, Grotsmasha said:

Absolutely, and welcome back :thumbsup:

Anything previously vowed but not completed will still be a Stubborn Completion (just remind me though .... )

Thanks!

I have no idea what I vowed previously, because that was early 2022 I think. :D

This month, I vow to paint this Stormsurge, because he's big and dumb and fun (he's also part of my Call to Arms vow).

bring-it-stormsurge.jpg.3ee06af5651e06b50423e9e06349b3b0.jpg

8 minutes ago, Trokair said:

What/where are the arms from?

They've been invented by a certain T'ony St'ark and are especially useful for beating up big green angry targets. I realized the Hulkbuster had just the right amount of fingers for Tau and those big arm plates are excellent for attaching guns and shields to. These are 3d printed so I could scale them to the battlesuit.

So, I was mildly over-optimistic and distracted by other games systems in June, so I didn't get all my targeted models done.

I got my pair of EC dreads that rolled over from May finished, along with my ZM walls and the 4 basic rubrics. I might get the Custodes finished over the weekend, or into early next week, but the 4 Sorcerers (Rubric squad leader and 3 from the Exalted sorcerer box) didn't even get started.

Finished models:

JuneECLevi.thumb.jpg.389a5a9a2fd602d1536906c4fc9774f5.jpg

JuneECContemptor.thumb.jpg.78b0bece11f1e6aecd80312620b41c3f.jpg

JuneRubrics.thumb.jpg.17d8f53ba90894bb806c9496a9c7ad45.jpg

Junesinglewalls.thumb.jpg.68eea5e174f2f3a4276d82d74ce07d86.jpg

Junedoublewalls.thumb.jpg.bd3f8ca7320587b6992c24325f42f02d.jpg

I, Paladin777, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 5 Blood Angels Heavy Intercessors and 1 Terminator Captain for the glory of the Sanguinius by month's end.

(ignore the dreadnaught arms in the background for now. Those are for next month!)

IMG_7456.jpeg

Edited by Paladin777

My vow for July - As much of this as possible. 

13 hours ago, Dwango said:

I, Dwango, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint;

2 support weapon batteries
1 Autarch
1 Autarch Wayleaper
1 Farseer
1 Bone singer
1 Spiritseer
5 Dire avengers
10 Dark Reapers
Maugan Ra
1 Falcon
1 Warp hunter
1 Night spinner
For the Mymeara Craftworld

2 Vypers
6 Windriders
3 Hornets
1 Waveserpent
for the Sunblitz Brotherhood

the Yncarne as my jobs a big un

1 Necromunda vehicle my entry for Master of the Forge 

for 119pts for the Glory of the Aeldari and the Xenos Stronghold on or before September 30th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end."

Some are painted but there will be a complete re paint done on those.

20230630_212423.jpg

20230630_212502.jpg

20230630_212447.jpg

20230630_212438.jpg

20230630_212356.jpg

For July, I, Rogue, vow to complete one Cults Locus before month's end.

20230701_194851.thumb.jpg.51deab50beb3d37dd3f00bbd69c34837.jpg

He's the last Cult unit I don't have, but he's also a source of Fights First, and that's something I really feel like I want access to as soon as possible. So he'll still probably take me the best part of a month :)

For July the neverending avalanche of zone Mortalis Walls finally comes to an end, with the last 4 columns and 9 walls (just doors, brracades, pipes and scatter after that, unless I crack and pick up another ebay bargain) along with the Thousand sons Sorcerers that failed to even get started in June. New for the month comes a return to Baal with the first wave of Leviathan minis at the Lt, sternguard and 5 infernus marines and a Rhino for my HH Emperors ChildrenWIPJulwalls.thumb.jpg.214f74c45b846487b31d7c94d37d285f.jpgWIPJulmarines.thumb.jpg.c8415d88163f6bd217e6ca332b998d11.jpg