=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

IMG_4476.jpg

These Immortals are finally done after several months... had a bout of inertia after Easter, didn't pick up a brush until yesterday. Hoping to work on getting a lot more done here now I have a lot more time on my hands.

It's that time again, and I've a new commission to get started on. This time I've got terrain and Tyranids. For terrain I have an Administratus building, a Sisters Battle Sanctum and a Sub-Cloister, for the Nid's, this first stage is big bugs, a Winged Tyrant, a counts-as Swarmlord (Starcraft Kerrigan 3d model), 2x tervigons, and a Harpy. pics when they're assembled.

Vow Finished!!!!!!! This Defiler was waiting for more than two years primed, I love these events, always manage to paint things that have been waiting for a long time to be painted!!!! :biggrin:

I never found the arms, so I have to steal a Laser Cannon and Missile Launcher from the Imperial Guard. :whistling: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b2634482a308cf84be5bf64126f75d61.jpeg

@mandaloriano Love it. It's such a great model and a relic of a completely different design philosophy for Chaos Space Marines.

It brings back some great, yet slightly traumatizing memories. In one of my first games I faced one of these who unceremoniously obliterated a squad of my Sword Brethren - a bunch of metal models that I cared (since they were new and cool additions to my force... and quite expensive models). A quite silly and memorable moment ;)

A series of unfortunate events/circumstances has led me to an unplanned and, at the moment, unavoidable sabbatical from the hobby.  I was really hoping to catch back up on how far behind I have got but it is not likely for a while yet.  I will still attempt to get something done by months end but not sure how things will go.  Keep up the good work the rest of you as I will still pop in to see how the rest of you are going.

Good luck all and see you on the other side. Hopefully not too far away.

I've been busy on hobby stuff these last couple weeks, not all of it on my plodding along stubborn vow, but some. First, a Command Squad veteran whose weapon is very close to undergoing rapid unscheduled disassembly:

image.png.f3ab52ee61b6c06627cfb6779cf64347.pngimage.png.a2f4ae203a41c5af5e44d7996cf70797.png

Next, an Assault Marine who is quite possibly the finest Firstborn Space Marine I've ever painted. He probably wouldn't win me a Golden Daemon but I'm very proud of how he turned out.

image.png.d2e544fd161dd644e5dd8c3d38a6b6f3.png

image.png.67d0771e7583987d53e9d3dd172e0586.pngimage.png.a6aac9e4a33a9e9944c9ea6595b3d49e.pngimage.png.d9d9b3995e645c254b5ac337e203d6c6.pngimage.png.df14978d165d90c5a5450eda9c51d14a.png

image.png.37e1a1ae397631080a6b1e5efd9a1ba5.png 

Overall I'm very pleased with him and now a little intimidated by the effort I must put into the rest of his squad. Still, that's the price of getting better, isn't it?

Well... I kinda stuck to my self-imposed 2week deadline... in that the guardsmen where done buuuuut I hadn't even chosen a shoulder pad/backpack for the Invictarii, let alone painted him :facepalm:

Well its done now!

R9KmyJQ.jpg

The Guardsmen are meh, but I realised halfway through that they're only going to be on the table until an enemy gently sneezes in their general direction so I shouldn't spend 9years painting them... so I'm not a 100% happy with them, but they'll do

And the Invictarii!

0DJXeyg.jpg

UNFoDc1.jpg

gpzRd6B.jpg

Not sure if I want to take a break until next month or not so I'll leave it for now and see how I feel

I almost did it again.:eek: Imagine forgetting to vow things, two months running! :sweat:

I just started painting yesterday, and only by chance did I even remember to take a before pic:

large.TMOH24-5-2023.jpg.303fe714ec048bd37a26bc5868ca69bf.jpg

"But Ace," you might be saying, "those aren't Kroot, what gives?". You're right about that, my friend - I was one of the lucky few to get Gallowfall on pre-order day before the scalpers got 'em.

I've also been waiting for the Leagues of Votann to get some Kill-Team Representation before I took the plunge in getting any. Plus, having missed out on Kasrkin and Space Police (with their accompanying lovely scenery), my determination to get this box was iron-clad, and I camped on the GW website from about quarter-to-ten. 

I've kept quiet about getting it until now because everyone else has been rightfully furious they weren't able to get it, and having one guy pop into the middle of the venting  going "Hey I got one!" wasn't likely to cheer everyone up.:sweat:

But now is the time, because the only thing better than giving my Nephew Dwarf-themed marines to play as will be giving him Actual Space Dwarves. My hobby Butterfly syndrome is, this once, actually somewhat justified.

I've got the basic colours in so far, and it's been a blast once I've got the hang of how it all goes together.:biggrin: I'd post an in-progress shot, but it came out as an indistinct blur. Hopefully within the next day or so I'll have a completed dwarf to show off. :biggrin:

EDIT:

Maybe I should actually vow something instead of waffling on. :wallbash:

For the month of May, I, Ace Debonair, vow to complete one (1) Hearthkyn Salvager of my brand new LoV Kill Team! May my beard be shorn from my face should I fail.

Edited by Ace Debonair
Forgot the Vow, which was the whole point of the post. Off to the Pain Glove again!

VOW COMPLETE!

large.TMOH25-5-2023.jpg.47f6c9c1f5e8cfce

I had to lean into the Deep Rock Galactic vibes a little, partly because nobody else is doing it (where I can see it), and partly because Drillers are the best class. :tongue:

I haven't settled on all of the lore for my new dwarves yet, but they're gonna be, broadly a seasoned blend of Ferengi from Star Trek, the Corpus from Warframe, and DRG - taking risks and picking fights in the name of attaining IMMEASURABLE WEALTH.  

I can't wait to get the rest painted (I won't have to wait for the bases to dry for the next ones at least), 'cause next time we do Kill Team one of us can have Space Marines with their lore-appropriate mission briefings, and my nephew can have my LoV with mission objectives lifted right out of Deep Rock (which he also plays, so he'll be in on the jokes) :biggrin:

More pics in the spoiler below.

large.TMOH25-5-2023b.jpg.de25a141165ee4c 

large.TMOH25-5-2023c.jpg.7f19b1f464fd7c2

large.TMOH25-5-2023b.jpg.de25a141165ee4c

large.TMOH25-5-2023e.jpg.0d3284826af6251

TL;DR: ROCK AND STONE, EVERYONE! :happy:

EDIT: Also my first ever attempt at Hazard stripes, and both Imperial Fist Yellow and Iron Warrior metal on the same model for maximum heresy.

Edited by Ace Debonair