Surpressors needed proper looking jump packs mainly. The way they are feels like they're dropping with gravchutes like Reivers have the option to, but no discernable way of keeping mobility once dropped.

Back on topic, with both the psyker and techpriest dropped, I'm hoping that the servitor is next. It actually looks like it could fight, which isn't something I can say for most servitor models they've released.

£19 for the Psyker, pricing for the other Astra Militarum kits as below:

image.png.59811dd708a873ef91d8d046fccc1ce2.png

For new stuff, the Dorn is actually a bit cheaper than I expected it to be. Ursula seems pricey, but that's the "named character" pricepoint so I don't know why I'm surprised. The rest seems pretty much as expected - completely new kits are in-line with equivalent recent kits, and the ones replacing older sets are more expensive than their predecessors by varying degrees of acceptability:

• Command Squad up £1.50 vs old version (seems ok to me)
  • Heavy Weapons Squad up £5 vs old version (seems a lot)
  • Sentinel up £3.50 vs old version (seems ok given size difference)
  • Shock Troops same price as the reboxed old kit with upgrade sprue (I was worried about them going up again so that at least is good news)

For older kits getting re-releases, Leman Russ goes up £1.50 (but now includes all the weapon options from the old Battle Tank and Demolisher kits), Baneblade goes up £10 (but now includes the extra Sponsons & Accessories sprue which I believe used to retail for £16)

PSA - You can still get the Cadia Stands army set direct from GW for £120 which is essentially the Sentinel, Codex and Datacards for free (many discount FLGS still have stock too)

Edited by Halandaar

12 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Shes obviously an update the old 2nd ed Psykers who were all bald, bit of a trope for powerful psychics in general.

I am genuinely curious how anyone could put her as the worst model though, inoffensive at best surely? 

And yeah Combat patrol did eventually get a UK release in theory, but only through Game and possibly some other 3rd parties, never ever found it in one though! :( 

The giant rugby ball head that looks about the same length as her legs, proportions are all over the place, the staff is boring and chunky, the disco show collar is unnecessary and poorly executed. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this isn't it for me. Regards people pointing at suppressors/ATV/speeders, largely they're impractical/unrealistic rather than poorly sculpted, they're a bad idea executed exactly, this is a good idea poorly executed imo. The magus as alluded to is basically the same mini but done farrrrr better.

The Baneblade and Leman Russ repackages are effectively price-cuts for getting the full kit options now, which is nice to see and have all options in one go.

I'm surprised Lord solar is 'only' £35.00, especially when Ursula Creed is a ridiculous £27.50; her model is surely more appropriate for the £19-£22.50 price range. Size-wise anyway, design-wise I think she is way worse than the Pysker...

24 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

I'm surprised Lord solar is 'only' £35.00, especially when Ursula Creed is a ridiculous £27.50; her model is surely more appropriate for the £19-£22.50 price range. Size-wise anyway, design-wise I think she is way worse than the Pysker...

Leontus is the same price as Morvenn Vahl (who I'd previously directly compared him to in terms of the size of the kit), so that tracks for me. And while I agree that £27.50 is an excessive price for Ursula given she's a very small kit, this is the pricepoint that most modern fixed-build named* infantry characters are at (Lelith, Zodgrod, Maugun Ra, Crowe as examples) so that doesn't surprise me either, despite it sucking a lot. 

*Ûthar is less but I guess that's because really the kit is a multi-option generic Kâhl kit, and those sorts of kits are being priced at £24 these days - see Gravis Captain, Canoness - the distinction presumably being that you might conceivably buy more than one Ûthar/Kâhl kit whereas you'd almost never buy duplicate fixed-build special characters. I think the Cadian Castellan when released is likely to be at this pricepoint too.

Edited by Halandaar

When I built my small Guard army with plenty of resin bits (legs and heads) I thought I was overspending on a per-model basis. 
Compared to prices we're seeing for these new releases, I might have spent a reasonable amount after all... :sweat:

Lucky me: now the only kits I'll be able to buy are closed hull vehicles, as the ones with infantry would not fit in right with what I already have.

8 hours ago, lansalt said:

I'd say that they can look good with a few sensible changes:

Reveal hidden contents

279056880_beakiesuppressors.thumb.jpg.0af6fe3c180f422c29f4233a3e535380.jpg

Cannot fault the beaky helmets and nice paint job!

Still need to get better jump packs, lose the moon boots, lose the leg fins, rework the guns, and match the upper body armor style to the lower body armor style. Suppressors are bad on so many different levels.

The primaris psyker just looks goofy, like a kid did the proportions. At least the substance of the model makes sense even if the sculpt itself is not the best.

7 minutes ago, sarabando said:

so we can expect the crusader for what ever happens to SOB this year, but the last two minis from the original set i dont see anywhere they can fit 

I have a theory we'll see another Agents of the Imperium-esq book some time early into 10th, what with Cortez showing up in Arks of Omen and the number of plastic Inquisitors and Kill Team spin-off units we now have (Breachers, Arbites, etc). Might be they appear then.

Edited by Lord Marshal

36 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

I have a theory we'll see another Agents of the Imperium-esq book some time early into 10th, what with Cortez showing up in Arks of Omen and the number of plastic Inquisitors and Kill Team spin-off units we now have (Breachers, Arbites, etc). Might be they appear then.

Hopefully, Inq have no rules atm:sad:

Thou, what rules they did have have been pretty garbage for quite some time:cry:

18 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Hopefully, Inq have no rules atm:sad:

Thou, what rules they did have have been pretty garbage for quite some time:cry:

@Marshall- Holding the Agents dex back til 10th would figure. GW has heard me say 9th is my forever edition, and they need to do something drastic to drag me kicking and screaming into another churn- Agents + Emperor's Children have a chance.

@Ming- the rules in Octarius 1 are still valid, even though the book is no longer in print. They weren't that much different than the PA Inquisition rules, so those still work too- you just get an extra data card for the Malleus Terminator. And the PA rules aren't that much different from the White Dwarf dex either.

All of those rules are sub-par, it's true, and they don't play as well with other Agents as they should... But you can see the potential in them.

21 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

@Ming- the rules in Octarius 1 are still valid, even though the book is no longer in print.

That's not correct. As per GW's Content Validity update from last year, the Inquisition rules in Octarius stop veing valid in January 2023: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/XTEpZheWFGC2pWI3.pdf

On 1/17/2023 at 8:41 AM, RWJP said:

That's not correct. As per GW's Content Validity update from last year, the Inquisition rules in Octarius stop veing valid in January 2023: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/XTEpZheWFGC2pWI3.pdf

What I mean by "valid" is that they still work for the current edition. GW arbitrarily indicating that a book is no longer valid (tm) and the rules contained therein continuing to be completely useable in the current edition are two different things. I still use 8th ed rules for Negavolt Cultists and Beastmen too- because again, they still work. No amount of GW telling me that I shouldn't use the book for some obscure reason will stop me from doing it until a) the rules are reprinted in another, more up-to-date source (and not even then if the new rules suck) or b) they are old enough that they have become incompatible with the new edition (and in my case, not even then if the new editions sucks).

When you have rules that work, and GW just declares they are out of date without replacing them, it's madness to let the models just sit on the shelf. Yet another reason the tournament scene never appealed to me.

The massive head is what primaris were supposed to have. Part of the training meant they got big swollen heads. Look at art from Blanche and you will see. 

Primaris paykers aren't sexy, they like ad mech and space Marines are made transhuman with  dark technology. They are more then your average controlled psyker. A controlled psyker is the level 1 inquisitor of astropath, etc. Primaris are...more.