10th co thread

greatcrusade08

From what I understand there is no Battleline/elite/etc anymore.

I think they've SORT OF got a Rock Paper Scissors thing going on.  Infantry won't have much offense, but a lot of things are keying off of ObSec, which you need the Infantry - especially the infantry that used to be Troops - for.  Then you need the tanks/monsters to clear out the objective so you can land your guys on them. 

With your 10th Theme, I'd start paying attention to Dreads/Warsuits, the Firestrikes, and Eliminators with Lasfusil.  And Flyers.  Flyers could be a sneaky fit into your front lines theme as 40K Warthogs that go more than brrrrt.   The Stormtalon may get boned by Twin Linking the Assault Cannons.  Its hard to tell what they're doing with Twin Linked.  The Godhammer Lascannon sponsons were split out to bespoke new guns while the Twin Heavy Bolter in the Hull was Twin Linked.   It looks like they're splitting anti-tank and twin linking anti-infantry stuff.   The Stormraven can go Twin Lascannon (And Twin Multi-Melta) which might or might not get Twin Linked, and could hold a SOMETHING not scouts as the dedicated scout backup force.   Twin Linking the Heavy Plasma Cannon might not be a bad choice either.   I haven't seen any Aircraft teased yet, I'll be interested in seeing if they got the toughness boost too. 

Or the Raven/Talon could just be flying Ground Attack like a Flying Leatherneck.

There are a number of ways to head-cannon an exception here and there, or alter your theme.

The other thing I just realized we're also (likely) going to see an end to slots.  Meaning you can do all elite slots, or all heavy support and so on.  We'll probably still have the rule of three which will "handicap" your Eliminator and Warsuit options though. 

• 2 months later...

So news out today that scouts are no longer going to be tourney legal.. just about crapped out a kidney after reading that.

I can only hope there will be a primaris version. otherwise my theme takes a bit of a hit.

I suppose i could just call it a phobos army instead.

• 2 months later...

hey guys, new rules coming out look interesting.

so silly question of the day is, if i take 10 scouts, with ML and sniper, can i take 3 bolters and 5ccw on the rest and combat squad into two different units, and then infiltrate both units seperately.