World Eaters without a World of Options?

Prot

One more list just to show the options we really have. You want to play differently? want some fire power?

Lord Invo

Daemon Prince with Wings

Lord on Jug

4 units of 5  Berserkers with icons

1 -10man of Jackhals

Dreadclaw drop pod

spawn 3x1

2 contemptor dreadnoughts

twin volkite culevin, chainfist, missile launcher

2 War Dog Brigands w/ Havoc launcher(I know some of you dislike adding them but the fire power is there)

X8B 1X3 - deep strike these in

Contemptors are core. they get the pregame move, plus benefit from the lord on jug +2' move

the lord on  jug helps your berserkers out as well if need be.

drop pod either berserkers or jackahals into enemy lines

The DP has wings and can float to where ever he's needed for pressure 

this is a fast, shooty, WE army.

If you want more jackhals, drop the spawn and add them in.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, Trokair said:

This was floating around a while ago, and if true would be very simmilar to the TS Codex in terms of CSM units included.

Hide contents

mlrv7mmdu7z91.png

Also if memory serves the Deamon codex has rules for including a set percentage of god specific demons in that god's specific legion.

According to the leakers, this is the actual page.

World Eaters are gonna be a glorified supplement until 10e at the earliest

If you really believe that then you haven't been paying attention. Limited choices in units does not make them a glorified supplement. 

Having more units to choose from doesn't make you more fleshed out. Votaan are currently limited in the number of units being anew codex and they are doing just fine.

Custodes have been "limited" for years and are currently at the tops of army choices. 

Neither of those codices are supplements and neither is this codex. (which isn't even released yet)

Honestly, I prefer the "limited" options of WE or Tsons to the overwhelming bloat that is the space marine codex. I know there is a middle ground to be found here but hopefully that will come in time.

I anticipate I'll have plenty of fun with the skinny WE codex over the remainder of 9e.

I do feel bad for the people who lost their options. I’m lucky I haven’t played world eaters since 3/4th edition. I’m ready to roll with my Zerkers and Jugger Lord on day one. I think this book does lack some options but I think we will get a second wave during tenth edition. 

I do suspect we will struggle against Mech lists especially if you’re not taking Angron. 

8bound seem over costed compared to possessed. 

Yea, I'm still personally on the fence with this. 

LOVE the new models, love that Bloodtithes are back, but it's the lack of options.

Can anyone confirm what out of the CSM codex that WE can use? IE: Preds, Forgefiends, Hellbrutes, etc?

10 minutes ago, Prot said:

Yea, I'm still personally on the fence with this. 

LOVE the new models, love that Bloodtithes are back, but it's the lack of options.

Can anyone confirm what out of the CSM codex that WE can use? IE: Preds, Forgefiends, Hellbrutes, etc?

I don't think we can confirm it until the actual book drops, but this was the list posted in the leaks page in News & Rumors https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/376522-world-eaters-pointsrules-leaks/#comments

mlrv7mmdu7z91.png

So a Daemon Prince, Master of Execution, Helbrutes, Terminator Squad, Spawn, Land Raider, Predators, Defiler, Forgefiend, Maulerfiend, Heldrake, Rhinos and Lord of Skulls, if that is correct.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Given some recent images from warcom, you can see some of it here, and I think that's probably more correct of a leak than we'd think. We can clearly see a Daemon Prince, Rhino, Maulerfiends and the Master of Execution in this image, and we've seen terminators in other images. We know they used Rhinos, Terminators and Land Raiders in the battle report.

vtRF2dUnIonXuWQC.jpg

Not bad really. I mean as others eluded to there are so many bad options. Not having Oblits or havocs makes sense. But the real gems are the souped up lascannons on the pred or landraider amd I love Helbrutes. It’s a shame to take my existing 2 and repaint them but I feel they are nearly mandatory.  

Predators, Land Raiders and Helbrutes I think are going to be massively important to get that ranged firepower into the army.

I've already got a helbrute that I've started to paint, and I ordered a Predator, which should be here soon. I'm thinking about grabbing a Land Raider as well.

In my mind with how the army works, I don't think you can leave home without a helbrute or two, maybe a terminator squad and possibly a LR/Predator as well. As much as it feels like you should be all melee, you have to have some ranged threat in there.

I think I have to shelve these guys for now. I should finish daemons first. but who knows I might just have a go with them. Really love that patrol box. I have made many many lists. Right now I am waiting on the AOR of Angron to see how that shakes out. (zero information out there) I think allying with daemons is the weaker play right now. War dogs give a lot of needed fire support, or ally not at all. 

Daemons don't add to fire support very well. However that BT is just tasty. And since I have Daemons I am sort of championing that type of army regardless of how effective it is right now. Forgefields are expensive but they pack some nice punch. I've also consider a LR in the list with 8B inside, that could be a lot of fun. we'll see. 

I think it's important to have at least 2 waves of CC with fire support planned. This is how I've been building my lists. 

I do wish we had access to Chaos Lords, it's a real shame especially with the awesome WH+ sculpt. I guess it might get legends rules or they'll add that back in somehow if not in the Codex? I do think it's a varied enough choice of units that the army can function. I'm definitely glad we have access to Helbrutes, Predators, Terminators, etc. I think they'll do a lot to make the army significantly more robust, and having some decent shooting in there might catch a few off guard while they're more concerned with the angry hordes coming at them.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

18 hours ago, INKS said:

well the aor came out and it has very little to do with daemons other than daemon engines. little sad about that but also an 8B army sounds cool. expensive but cool

The relic showcased was just awful, as well…

Curious what the nuts and bolts of the detachment are really gonna be. Supposedly includes the ability to take Khorne daemons codex daemons, but how? And still apparently limited to 25%, I dunno. It doesn’t sound good but still lacking info. We’ll find out in a couple of days!