World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

I'm a bit surprised there's no generic Chaos Lord on foot, especially given the new WH+ model. Hopefully he at least gets a PDF datasheet.

Otherwise, the list is looking pretty much as expected.

A possible leaker on Discord has clarified that:

• Red Butchers are still a CP upgrade for Terminators, which is surprising, but at least they're still around.
  • Eightbound are our special Possessed, while Exalted Eightbound are new Mutilators

At least I can start painting again without worrying about wasting my time!

9 minutes ago, ChargingSoll said:

My biggest surprise with the list is that World Eaters got all the Dino bots including the heldrake. Seem to have alot more current stuff from the CSM codex then the others. 

Dont thousand sons have them as well ? I think they do.

if real apart from the terminators ( wich I think because of the generic name and 1 to 1 equipment will not be a new kit, but just use the standard terminators same way DG possessed use standard possessed ) everything is as rumored* by ok_entrepeneur a while ago ( who so far has been spot on since eldar up to guard releases.) so no suprises there.

The one thing that would make me doubt the most is that Jakhals is a very down to earth name for a GW khorne product XD

*disclaimer being that I myself was confident no tanks, and yes to bikes earlier in the thread.. however others had remembered the opposite ;)

Edited by TheMawr
added a disclaimer

=][= Split into it's own topic, the other topic was for 3D render previews =][= 

1 hour ago, Boytoy said:

No lightning claws on the terminators? Sad ☹️

As with Chaos Space Marine terminators, claws were replaced with Accursed Weapons which are free

>Exalted Eightbound

>Unit caps at 6

Checks out. Dunno why GW do more Tyranid Prime-esqe options for a kit to make a buff character/HQ. Make the unit cap at 8, then your spare can be made into the character (assuming the box has 3 models per). Would at least flesh out the Codex which looks more akin to the TS update than the DG. 

While I'm at it, looks like there's not much in the way of vanilla Lords. Seems a bit silly imo. For a second I thought perhaps it was a supplement-style thing, where you'd need to the CSM codex to use those units (and maybe others that fit but were kit ala legionnaires, bikes and raptors) but given the Daemon Engines are present that's more than likely not the case. 

Rough for a lot of established WE players that they've cut a bunch of units that would otherwise fit fine thematically. I get trying to make subfactions more flavourful, but damn dude, this must suck for established WE players although I guess they've had since the beginning of 8th to prepare for this particular inevitibility. 

Edited by Jings

It would be better if GW did what they did in AoS with coalitions.  My Slaanesh have a pretty thin roster in AoS but I can include Slaves to Darkness units without losing faction rules.  I feel it wouldn't be exactly gamebreaking for Thousand Sons or World Eaters to be able to pull in havocs or raptors from the CSM codex without losing any army rules or CP.

Edited by DesuVult

3 minutes ago, DesuVult said:

It would be better if GW did what they did in AoS with coalitions.  My Slaanesh have a pretty thin roster in AoS but I can include Slaves to Darkness units without losing faction rules.  I feel it wouldn't be exactly gamebreaking for Thousand Sons or World Eaters to be able to pull in havocs or raptors from the CSM codex without losing any armt rules or CP.

Right, no WE Havocs? Thx GW, I hate it.