INKS Daemons

INKS

Great work inks :thumbsup: I’m painting my daemons killteam right now (only got a couple days left to submit and I totally forgot about them :laugh:

love your work 

@Dr_Ruminahui I think he did industrial bases cause it’s a killteam ?!.. 

I really like the blue horrors !! :wub:

look forward to more bud !! 

M. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

They look really nice - curious why you went industrial bases for the bloodletters.  Where you going from here?

If GW would ever release void bases!!!!! They would all have bases like that. Except for the Greater Daemons since they don't make them in that size, I would have to come up with something. I've never been good at bases and I like the space hulk like theme. Plus I really like boarding patrols!

Yeah the blood letters started out as a kill team as well

Mumeishi: Thanks! :)

I've ordered bases for the rest of my completed and uncomplete and even some unbought minis. lets not talk about how much 3rd party bases cost me. I could have waited and probably will still use some GW bases whenever they release (watch it be this week now) but I've been waiting a long time and now I've got a ton of minis to unbase and hope I don't break them.

Here are some daemonettes I did a while ago. I am happy with these gals other than the face, eyes are so damned hard. a nod to the old orange crab claws here. which I love. someday I'll get some old oop crab claw damonettes

IMG_0167.JPG

And yeah, I forgot to add, all the bases are "ship themed" even the bloodthirster and lord of change.

Nice work bud, I like the orange claws!! 
the banners on the daemon kits are a tad Annoying I’m finding …too top heavy or they end up being at the wrong angle cause I  used a wrong arm or body that made it wrong  :sweat:
I used the cloth banner instead of the one you used (I gave it to a mate who has a slaanesh army ) … I like yours :wub:

Cheers , M. 

Yeah, if or when I do them again (I need 10 more for a DOB list, just incase I want to play that) I am going to make sure the banner is at a better angle. It's top heavy and the mini doesn't tip over on it's own but it's darn close to. lol  I might go with the cloth one next time. Although I have 2 sets of bloodletters and they both have it ICON banner, I just like it more.

thanks for the kind words.

Thanks! I do try and look at examples of others works while I am working on mine to best copy the techniques. My hands are unsteady a good deal of the time but I do try. I think we all want our models to look as good as they can. sometimes it's frustrating when we come up short but I am happy with the progress I am making on the models, and for whatever reason Daemons are generally easier to paint than say guard, or even marines.

7 hours ago, INKS said:

Thanks! I do try and look at examples of others works while I am working on mine to best copy the techniques. My hands are unsteady a good deal of the time but I do try. I think we all want our models to look as good as they can. sometimes it's frustrating when we come up short but I am happy with the progress I am making on the models, and for whatever reason Daemons are generally easier to paint than say guard, or even marines.

This :thumbsup:

I agree ,I'm finding their organic nature to be more forgiving when painting (plus contrast paint loves these figures)

M. 

Overall I am happy with how they turned out. I do think there are some smaller attention to details I could go over. And I think the BTs skin is a little flat. lacks definition. I might pick them up and add some paint at some point but for now they are done.

Looking great Bud,

As you said...you can go back when your skill has leveled up or your feeling like adding more detail... They look pretty good anyway! :wub:

Those two are My Favourite GD's ... I'm still deciding whether I get that New Daemon Prince or one of the GD's... Belakor is out of my price bracket for now,

my army will for now be mostly undivided... ?!?... decisions decisions :laugh:...

What else do you have to paint in your queue ???...

Cheers, M.  

Thanks! both of you. The BTs skin keeps bothering me, so I might give a go at trying to give it something. it's just kinda flat. also his eyes, damned eyes

nothing in Q right now. I am going to order Fiends / Flamers / Hounds this week but they are all on back order so who knows when they will arrive. 

I've got some Terminators in the mail as well, but that is for a different thread. I've been flip flopping for 2 weeks on which army to spend money on (money is tight and all) but I think I am going to focus on Daemons until 2k and then choose from there. I have the most Daemons painted and other than boarding actions can't actually play a game.

Had some fun with the bird. dry brushing went a long way. There are a lot of little details I could go back on but I feel like the style I went with suits it well. 

I went back and added definition to his skin. brightened the teeth up, attempted his eyes again (I give up on eyes). I then went over and lightly lightened up the skin. I don't know that pic do it justice but I feel better about the model. I could lighten the skin some more, but for now I am happy. I am going to seal him.

large.IMG_0238.JPG.484280d60b57af47fd20b2801266f3cb.JPGlarge.IMG_0239.JPG.217f39d6f8afa1c24f3a90a144c35602.JPG

I think maybe I am too close with the camera to see anything actually. either way, I am happier with it

Looks Great, Hint-(if you want us to see him or anything else you paint, try and have a neutral background...that computer screen...as cool as it looks is fighting the Model to show what you've painted... :sweat:) try print off one of those free grey tone backdrops on A3 paper... 

GD looks great from what i can see :thumbsup:

Cheers, M. 

ok this is probably getting a little silly at this point but I am up late, looking at BT art and I noticed his armor is black with gold / brass trim all over. I did without the armor but his thighpads and belt were all gold. this was bothering me so I went over, painted them black and then dray brushed the gold into it. I also nulned oiled his axe head, it was a little too bright as well as the wraps. I might go and brighten the wraps back up but for now I like them dark. 

also background.

large.IMG_0241.JPG.e5b6986c467a0053b66b6b72f64cba3a.JPGlarge.IMG_0240.JPG.2f252c90f1bad04066d1f954ee8088e5.JPG

Also the base is horrible. It's just so large that martian ironcrust wasn't covering it enough. I could go over it again and add more and normally I would, but I ordered him a 3rd party ship base. hopefully it looks good. I ordered one for the LOC as well. I know that they can't be used in boarding parties but since the rest of the army is going to be space hulk themed, it only makes sense for them to have those types of bases as well.

some work on big bird. I think he was probably fine before but I lose my patience with large models it seems. I just want it to be finished, so it's been nice just having them sit there and now all of a sudden I want to work on them again. I went back and touched up a lot of detail. I an not happy with the knees, they were more yellow but then gold just sort of took over. I did his claws, the little things on his wings. played a lot with the sword to darken it and his wrist gauntlets, painted some gems. not happy with the gold crown like thing on his head, but it's not terrible.large.IMG_0246.JPG.b058fd056fe162ea7bc0817e736622cb.JPGlarge.IMG_0244.JPG.4a3e37421e93b2159fdc6f486193d21a.JPGlarge.IMG_0243.JPG.02a863751b7ccfc79d7571c4b60929d8.JPGlarge.IMG_0242.JPG.c42fcce443e0b75136550a5e13aa5e43.JPG

Edited by INKS

Impressive, I really like this model too, you've done it well.

Seeing all your stuff here makes me want to go home from work and break out my Daemons and start painting :wub:...:laugh: but i gotta finish putting them all together then i start painting (* I made myself a vow to put all my Daemon army together first and undercoat them all...then continue with painting them :sweat:...i must say it's making me put them together pretty much faster than i have before!!)

Thanks for sharing the Bird of Change !

Cheers, M.