INKS Daemons

INKS

Thanks M., not sure what it is about daemons but I've never painted this well before. (My Iron warrior is ok) I might have to go over my bloodletters as they are a bit of a let down right now. Eventually I need more deamonettes as well and I just dislike that kit a lot, so I am not looking forward to that.

I ordered: 1 box of Fiends, 1 box of flamers, 1 box of hounds. they are all on back order so who knows when I'll get them but they are next up. I should get new bases in a week or two and I'll be working hard on that as well.

Big Bird: His cloth needs work, I am just not sure right now how to fix it. It needs to be darkened and then brought back up but because it's at an odd angle I am not sure how to proceed on it.

I don't know why this happens to me. I am 1200 or so point into Daemons and I want to give up on them. Happens to me all the time and why I don't have 2k points. That along with news today of price hikes makes me want to sell everything. I am sure it'll pass, I just have to hold on a little while and my fondness for Daemons will return I am sure.

I went an canceled my current order (which was on back order for god knows how long anyways) - I don't know when I'll have an update for new units. Really just fed up today.

Edited by INKS

Don't sweat it bud, the price hike is a pain but take a break and chill... maybe paint some more of your Big Bird :thumbsup:... Remember the hobby is for fun, it's not supposed to be a chore, just paint when you feel like it ! , i will happily wait however long it takes for you to paint some models so i can comment :sweat:

peace Brother! 

M. 

14 hours ago, INKS said:

I don't know why this happens to me. I am 1200 or so point into Daemons and I want to give up on them. Happens to me all the time and why I don't have 2k points. That along with news today of price hikes makes me want to sell everything. I am sure it'll pass, I just have to hold on a little while and my fondness for Daemons will return I am sure.

I went a canceled my current order (which was on back order for god knows how long anyways) - I don't know when I'll have an update for new units. Really just fed up today.

Hang in there!   
does your local area do smaller games at all?  My local includes a fair amount of incursion level games, so 1200 would be plenty for some games

Sadly not. It's 2k points or nothing. The players here are not super flexible when it comes to games. no boarding actions (no terrain for it), no kill team, no, anything else. I think 1 guy has an AOS army but has no one to play against. these are fairly small LGS's and traveling to Toronto for a game isn't worth the time sadly.

I also don't have a car, so public transport. Means that even if I did have 2k points, transporting it would be a pain and I just don't think I would go very often anyway.  I think I've just been a little delusional about the hobby as a whole.

I got back into the hobby a little after 9th edition started, I've played 1 game of 9th since it's been released. For some people that is ok, they aren't into the game side of it. Just the hobby. But until recently I have hated the hobby side of it. lack of skill, time, patience and so on. I don't like building the models. I find most of the kits terrible to build. I've only recently found painting them kind of fun. But I am impatient. so I need to bang out a few models and then revisit them a month later to really work on them, (like with the GD). 

I don't have a lot of money or spare money to spend on the hobby. I can go months without having anything new to work on which sucks. I think the reality of it is that this hobby is not for me. It's too expensive and there are many aspects that I try to enjoy but don't actually enjoy. kinda depressing really. 

the only reason I have been holding on or am holding on is because I have all these books (they'll be useless and out of date soon), white dwarfs, and paints that I don't know what to do with. they aren't worth anything so you can't resell them and I can't just throw them out (I am not that kind of person). Although the last time I left the hobby I had a TON of paint and it all dried out eventually. That sucked when I went to get back into things and found all the paint bad. Anyways I am just waffling on. 

I appreciate the thoughtfulness and help. I dunno, just depressed about it all right now.

I dont know hwere you live, but that sounds like a boring group of people to play with. At my gaming club we regally have 1000p battles and they are as fun as 2000p I think. Tellt hem that if they don´t want to play 1000p battle with you they you will be forced to leave the hobby and they lose another player. See if perhaps that make them change. Or try to find another group in your area (if its possibly). 

That does suck. Sending positive vibes your way man.

My gaming group was pretty resistant to the idea of 1,000 point games all throughout 8th. But when 9th came around we scaled up and down until, eventually, 1,000 is where we wound up. Covid was also a big contributing factor. My LGS came out of lockdown with reduced hours, and so even the die hard 2,000 point players were finding it hard to make it in from work and still complete a satisfying amount of their game. 

All in all I've found it to be pretty much the best size for pickup games and quick throw downs. 500 was too small and gave certain strats too much weight, and beyond 1,500 it starts to bog down. I have one game of Arcs of Omen under my belt, and while it's fun the map building is a pain in the ass. 

59 minutes ago, Ulfast said:

I dont know hwere you live, but that sounds like a boring group of people to play with. At my gaming club we regally have 1000p battles and they are as fun as 2000p I think. Tellt hem that if they don´t want to play 1000p battle with you they you will be forced to leave the hobby and they lose another player. See if perhaps that make them change. Or try to find another group in your area (if its possibly). 

Sadly I am pretty limited in to where I can get to (transportation ) and play time. 

Bases came in, not overly happy with 3rd party bases, but sometimes that is all there is if you want an army based a certain way (all space hulk themed). I could mix and match GW sets but I like them to gel together and not from this set and that set that don't match.

Anyway, I need to figure out how to paint them. Here are some nurglings I picked up. sans new bases.  IF I ever pick up  3 more bases then I'll buy a box and mix and match them in. I feel like these are too sparse but that is what I get for buying from ebay and not a brand new box. that'll teach me to save a buck. I flip flop from day to day on if I should keep the army or not, regardless if I do or not these have to get painted and added to the force.

kind of happy with how these guys look. I am sure I could spend some more time, change up their body colors a little but I think they look good?

large.IMG_0264.JPG.6f6cbc77e0a800eb6205599bc73e9df3.JPGlarge.IMG_0263.JPG.33e7f8cd165995fd19cb7da0f133d377.JPGlarge.IMG_0262.JPG.c4cff1db8e5dd9e631d5a5c7870edf87.JPG

extra note: the 3d base for the beast is 60mm however the GW base that is was on is larger than 60mm, it's more like 65 or 63mm something like that

GW can't measure their own base correctly I guess. hopefully this isn't a problem for tournaments but I fully expect that I have to rebase him again at some point which irritates me.

Looking great there Bud! :thumbsup: those Nurgling's look disgusting... in a good way :tongue: I think it's 65mm for the Beast of Nurg  i don't think 2.5mm will worry an opponent plus its actually against you on that one being slightly smaller !!. 

An idea on the Nurgling bases...if you paint the part they are attached to, make it look rusty, as though where the Nurgling's go things begin to rust etc...that way it wont look wrong with a chunk of shiny metal under their feet... 

That beast is a real Fugly guy isn't he :laugh:... Good to see you painting some more !!

Cheers, M. 

will do. might be a little while. I have to figure out how to paint it or if I need to buy a product  meant for that look. I could probably paint some on with oranges or whatever but I am not confident in it. I may just muddy it up with mortarian grime.

Rust is easy , just use mournfang as your base over the metal colour you choose with a bit of sponge and then do an orange like (jokaero or troll slayer)  with the sponge but in a smaller amount... then wash it slightly with the grime here n there. you'd be surprised how easy doing rust can be (just don't over do it ) 

M.