2023 Event-Exclusive Miniature – The Commissar’s Duty

VHiv3NLobeKE7veK.jpg

From the 41st Millennium comes The Commissar’s Duty. This vignette depicts an absolutely iconic scene – an Astra Militarum Commissar with his sword planted in the battlefield rubble, standing tall as he delivers the Emperor’s Justice. Is he aiming at a foe, or at a Guardsman who needs to be made into an example?

Article here

There's a lot more I like on this commissar than the new one that is coming:

• The coat is open, showing a bit more detail, rather than the other one which is buttoned down and very plain.
  • I love the pose. Not just the bolt pistol outstretched in a standing pose, but the book that he's holding behind his back.
  • I love a sword buried in a rock. 
  • It's a great facial expression, he's so grumpy.

I guess I'll have to visit ebay.

6 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Actually I've just noticed, he doesn't appear to be looking where he's aiming his pistol but it may just be a result of the photo angle.

I think that's, in part at least, because the eyes are painted to look straight ahead, instead of a little to the right. He's pretty much staring right at the camera.

8 minutes ago, Ramell said:

I think that's, in part at least, because the eyes are painted to look straight ahead, instead of a little to the right. He's pretty much staring right at the camera.

Maybe, makes sense. Faces were my least favourite thing to paint when I last was painting, especially eyes so I could forgive that.

2 hours ago, Ramell said:

Try 40k Warhammer and general Wargames Trip Loot Sharing on Facebook. It's a group dedicated to helping people avoid scalpers on eBay by picking stuff up for other people in the group at events.