10th Edition Codex unit Wishlist!

Orange Knight

It would be fine if I can take an army of them though. Something that shifts them to Battleline so I can get a good 30 in there.

15 isn't very much an army.

Though of course I could then load up on Dreadnoughts, Vanguard and Sternguard etc after that to produce a 1st Company army. I just want the Terminators to be the core is all.

22 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

It would be fine if I can take an army of them though. Something that shifts them to Battleline so I can get a good 30 in there.

15 isn't very much an army.

Though of course I could then load up on Dreadnoughts, Vanguard and Sternguard etc after that to produce a 1st Company army. I just want the Terminators to be the core is all.

There will almost certainly be a 1st company detachment at some point, they said one was coming in the interview when it was announced iirc

Oh man I forgot about them!

So looks like my 1st Company wishlist is likely coming true!

Oh snap this is good.

If the Ultramarines get a Captain Agemman or Calgar in Terminator armour (as you HAVE to have a Terminator clad leader for an army of Terminators!) then we can officially declare GW has released the entirety of 10th edition for me.

I do think the first Terminator special character will be Lysander. I could be wrong as with the Lion now we might see a Belial, but it's an outside bet I'm sticking to.

Even so... Agemman carrying Invictus' signature weapons would delight me...

Edited by Captain Idaho

2 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

There will almost certainly be a 1st company detachment at some point, they said one was coming in the interview when it was announced iirc

I agree, if for no other reason than it would be very hard to run a Deathwing list otherwise. The again, 3 squads of regular Termies, 3 of Assault Termies, 3 of Deathwing Knights, a sprinkling of Characters and Dreadnoughts....

4 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

I do think the first Terminator special character will be Lysander. I could be wrong as with the Lion now we might see a Belial, but it's an outside bet I'm sticking to.

Even so... Agemman carrying Invictus' signature weapons would delight me...

Belial has a good reason to get updated according to the recent campaign lore, so I highly expect him. That said, I think Lysander will also be updated, so which one comes first will likely just come down to release schedule.

GW clearly wants finecast retired as a miniature medium for their primary games (Sigmar/40k), so anything finecast is nearer than farther from being updated.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Looking back on my initial post, it's clear to see that some of my predictions were very wrong.

I considered Terminator characters to be low in terms of likelihood of getting updated, and now that the new Terminator models and characters are such a big focus of 10th edition, I imagine that Lysander and Belial won't be waiting too long.

Also, I predicted that a Sternguard style Primaris unit will not be made, but such a unit is part of the launch box!

2 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

GW clearly wants finecast retired as a miniature medium for their primary games (Sigmar/40k), so anything finecast is nearer than farther from being updated.

I will be more than happy to see the back of Finecast but I don't think we can expect to see every model get a new plastic equivalent. Yarrick has died in-Universe and been moved to Legends along with Ursarkar Creed etc. I would like to think we will see Belial etc cross the Rubicon but we may see some characters lost to Legends.

23 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I will be more than happy to see the back of Finecast but I don't think we can expect to see every model get a new plastic equivalent. Yarrick has died in-Universe and been moved to Legends along with Ursarkar Creed etc. I would like to think we will see Belial etc cross the Rubicon but we may see some characters lost to Legends.

I think it depends on the characters and how tight the range is on that. For Chaos Space Marines, they've actually had almost all their characters redone since 7E, with only Huron Blackheart and Lucius the Eternal left about.

Characters like Belial or Sammael are pretty safe, as they fit important roles (Master of the Deathwing, Master of the Ravenwing). Lysander I expect to be fairly safe as well.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

16 hours ago, Sir Clausel said:

There is also assault terminators :)

Also relic terminators :) - assuming they remain separate data sheets, then that means even if they cap at 5 per unit and rule of 3 remains.... 3 x 5 regular terminators, 3 x 5 assault terminators and 3 x 5 relic terminators  = 45 terminators :)