[30k] Legion Contemptor Upgrades - DA, WS, IF, EC, IW, SoH

So, as expected these are all plastic variants of the FW ones just like last time (torso and head)

Glad they did the remaining 12 with one update, that's them done and out of the way now. 

Might get the UM one depending on the price, but its still naff they we lose all the other leg/waist/arm legion detailing.

13 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

So, as expected these are all plastic variants of the FW ones just like last time (torso and head)

Glad they did the remaining 12 with one update, that's them done and out of the way now. 

Might get the UM one depending on the price, but its still naff they we lose all the other leg/waist/arm legion detailing.

These aren't plastic.

These packs each offer a custom resin torso and head, engineered to fit right into the plastic Contemptor Dreadnought kit 

I guess at least tomorrow we'll see if there is a redeeming quality in these by being affordable, as in it being reasonably cheaper to buy a whole plastic contemptor plus a FW body than the previous FW full body ones (sans weapons). 

1 hour ago, matcap86 said:

These aren't plastic.

These packs each offer a custom resin torso and head, engineered to fit right into the plastic Contemptor Dreadnought kit 

I don't even know why i wrote plastic when i knew they were resin... :blink: I've even done a video on the last lot talking about how they are resin.

I blame lack of coffee.

I think i must have been referring to the fact when you add these updates to a plastic contemptor, its a plastic dread that with upgrades that looks just like the full resin FW ones, but without the nice leg, waist and arm decoration.

1 hour ago, Astartes Consul said:

Nice to have them all out in the wild and revealed before Adepticon. My latent fear that GW would make the big Heresy Announcement next week just ‘the dreadnought bodies’ can rest. 

You see, the big reveal at Adepticon is going to be resin Legion specific legs and shoulders for Contemptors!

1 hour ago, Hfran Morkai said:

This means it can be a tank instead!

I mean jokes aside, if the rumours around the Seige of Cthonia Campaign Book introducing two 'Tank Commander' characters and/or some kind of Tank Commander unit and model then the entire plastic tank blitz (pun intended) since 2.0 launched may actually have been more than a convenient wat of GW to cut costs by manufacturing lots of the same sprues for a load of new kits.

9 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

I mean jokes aside, if the rumours around the Seige of Cthonia Campaign Book introducing two 'Tank Commander' characters and/or some kind of Tank Commander unit and model then the entire plastic tank blitz (pun intended) since 2.0 launched may actually have been more than a convenient wat of GW to cut costs by manufacturing lots of the same sprues for a load of new kits.

What's the source on the Book and Commanders? Because I would love a commander for my ludicrous Predator fleet.