Pricing Update

So it's true, what a shame, +30 usd more for the combat patrols is too much.

Other examples (usd): 

Chaos Space Marines and new berserkers 60 -> 75

Angron and other primarchs 160 -> 190

Leman Russ 60 -> 75 (well this explains why they included all the variants, they knew they were gonna rise prices)

Cadian Shock Troops are staying the same (which plays in my opinion that they don't sell well)

Intercessors 60 -> 70

The 6% figure in the article clearly takes into account kits that didn't have price increases. In usd this price hikes are too much for  me. Gonna Stop buying GW products, paint what I have ( which I think will take me like 3 years), and then see where the hobby is then.

I stand corrected on my suspicion it might be fake earlier, if a doc is posted up on their trade site.

Combat Patrols going up 20% in the US ($150 -> $180) is quite steep. I don't quite understand why that'd be the item you hit the most as far as long term sales strategy goes.

For World Eaters, one may consider going all in now. The combat patrol will only be around 20% over current prices.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

45 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

This is why I dont recommend the hobby to anyone. And increasing the barrier for entry will not only drive away customers but prevent new ones from joining. 

If the barrier for entry was as high as it is now, at the age I was when I started? And in the middle of a cost of living crisis? I'd only remember Warhammer as a strategy game I used to play on the family computer.

It’s a good thing that I just build/paint for myself and then have my friends who like gaming come over occasionally for a game I set up and GM for them.  

As if I could ever look any of them in the eye if they knew how expensive these model soldiers were.

Its nice for GW that they had inflation as cover for their annual price hike this year, good for them!  :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

It's brutal for combat patrols - they went up last year and the US ones are jumping by 20%...

If you think that's bad, I can't wait (!) to see the new Australian/NZ consumer prices, because GW loves to penalise us for other reasons living on the other side of the globe. How much do you want to guess it will be more than the 6% increase in prices, because some things on that document sure as hell doesn't look like it's 6%. 

*! - denotes sarcasm

20% ! That is just unacceptable. Don't tout 6% when your high is 20% (maybe more?) Be transparent about it, don't cherry pick numbers that look good. "Oh it's only 6% avg" When in reality some of them, a good deal of them are 10% or 20%.  Again these emotions will pass. It's raw right now and seeing some of the more extreme cases does not help. But it's also important to see the reality of it and not the sugar coated version GW is trying to sell.

3 hours ago, Skywrath said:

As predicted, my response to this is going to be hostile. Bloody greedy capitalist pigs that need to get their heads smacked upside down pronto.

How is it understandable?? They raised the prices not once, not twice but three times (if memory serves) last year, and as 2-3 people pointed out they are well ahead of inflation, therefore making this announcement pointless. That's like applying for your welfare system for low-income without needing to be on it, when you have thousands of dollars already in reserve. No, this is just GW exploiting the situation and blaming something else, when they have zero reason to, and especially when they won't or will be impacted by it. Just to add the cherry on top, how much do you want to bet when inflation ends, they will keep the prices at inflation levels. Or if they are particularly "clever" they might go back to pre-inflation pricing and then jack themselves off saying "look at us aren't we heroes for reducing the price".. when they are still making the same amount of profit, before they jack up the prices halfway through the year this year. 

Take a good hard look at what GW has done gents, this is exactly what's wrong with the entire world in terms of greedy corporations ruining our lives and playing it off as a "service" to us. 

#boycottGWandtheirproducts

Because prices for everything have gone up dramatically and other political reasons (which I won't go into as the mods are already priming the melta I suppose)? Please, for your own sanity stop engaging with this hobby if all it does is make you spit and hiss in anger. It's not worth that.

2 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

There was literally a new edition for Heresy, in plastic, with a sweetener for 40k players with a huge load of marines. Thats $360 CAD straight up; for anyone interested in the game for more you add another $85 CAD for the army list. And then any extras to get beyond the minimum points level. Votann also dropped with the ~$240 CAD box set

300 a year is chump change for warhammer now, and not buying a single model for 2 years is very....uncommon. 

Yeah but you're not doing that every year, right? (not trying to come off as snide, I actually mean the question) And that's buying multiple armies in an edition like I said, doubling up and playing essentially a second 40k (30k) with the even worse FW pricing. I haven't bought a model in over two years because nothing has been released for the factions I play. I have about 5k points of death guard and 2k points of nurgle daemons. Between the 10-12 guys that were in my group no one is doing that (buying 2+ armies in an edition). Plenty of us go for a few years without buying new models because they don't even bring models out for the factions we play, it's not that uncommon.

With how much money some people throw at GW it's no wonder why they think the sky is the limit and keep jacking up the prices. For some people it literally must be plastic crack haha. Someone in here literally called GW "Bloody greedy capitalist pigs that need to get their heads smacked upside down pronto." Like walk away from the hobby at that point and don't give GW any more money? I wouldn't know what to tell that person besides it's not worth it for them.

=][= This topic has been closed pending review of content that you are not able to see, due to Mod action and review. Please be patient and know that if something has been closed without notice just now, it's because we're "fire fighting". =][=

Note there are new reports that GW have corrected their pricing increase in the US as the initial reports were too high incorrectly. I'm not going to reopen this topic right now just for that, as it isn't particularly constructive and we're still reviewing various things posted within.

Thank you.

Edited by Captain Idaho