I wasn't able to see it on the New Zealand site but its now available on the UK site.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/killzone-gallowdark-2023

I think I coughed up a kidney when I saw the price. Does anyone know if threes another Killteam box with this scenery coming or are we moving to another setting after this?

There's one more big box in this "series" (it's called Gallowfall, rumoured to be SM Terminators Vs Genestealers) and if following the established pattern of the last two years, should be out during Q2. Obviously contents are not confirmed but it'd be very surprising if it didn't include the Gallowdark wall terrain given that every other set has. 

if you're looking for just the walls and doors etc, you can usually find people splitting the terrain off from the big boxes on eBay for £50-£60 a set (potentially even lower)

On a related note, if Terminators Vs Genestealers for Gallowfall turns out to be true then I will 100% be getting a box and I won't be keeping the terrain so if you want to wait that long you can always shoot me a PM and we can work something out :)

23 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

If you're looking for just the walls and doors etc, you can usually find people splitting the terrain off from the big boxes on eBay for £50-£60 a set (potentially even lower)

I have the walls, finding the extra scatter terrain is the hard part...

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I wasn't able to see it on the New Zealand site but its now available on the UK site.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/killzone-gallowdark-2023

I think I coughed up a kidney when I saw the price. Does anyone know if threes another Killteam box with this scenery coming or are we moving to another setting after this?

I think it’s well priced to be honest, I know you generally find the prices egregious but the Arbites will sell for £30/35 separate the Kabalite’s will £25/30 then you’ve got what £30/35 left for all that terrain? Good deal to me 

Man I hoping those SM Terminator rumours are true 

36 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Still feel like a unit of terminators wouldn’t fit well with the current kill team format, but will be interesting to see how that pans out

Afaik its also not a rumor but the constant repeat of wishlisting/expectation because of the spacehulk theme. Unless someone has a link or even a name or place were the rumor originated.

21 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I think it’s well priced to be honest, I know you generally find the prices egregious but the Arbites will sell for £30/35 separate the Kabalite’s will £25/30 then you’ve got what £30/35 left for all that terrain? Good deal to me 

Man I hoping those SM Terminator rumours are true 

£90 is for just the terrain, it has no Arbites nor Kabailtes in it

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

There's one more big box in this "series" (it's called Gallowfall, rumoured to be SM Terminators Vs Genestealers) and if following the established pattern of the last two years, should be out during Q2. Obviously contents are not confirmed but it'd be very surprising if it didn't include the Gallowdark wall terrain given that every other set has. 

if you're looking for just the walls and doors etc, you can usually find people splitting the terrain off from the big boxes on eBay for £50-£60 a set (potentially even lower)

On a related note, if Terminators Vs Genestealers for Gallowfall turns out to be true then I will 100% be getting a box and I won't be keeping the terrain so if you want to wait that long you can always shoot me a PM and we can work something out :)

I have 2 thoughts about this rumour.

firstly, if it fits with other patterns of release this edition then one of the kits would be new and the other an old kit with upgrades. That doesn’t make much sense for those two units. 

Secondly, the timing for the box set would likely put it before 10th around may time, so it would likely contain models that are due to be updated imminenty if 40k rumours are due to be believed. 

I don't think terminators will mesh well with Kill Team frankly, they'd have to be at max a 5 man team, small teams like that tend to skew games, plenty of teams will struggle to directly fight 5 models with a 2+ save, presumably 15+ wounds, with both good shooting and melee, which makes the best tactic to avoid combat entirely and instead just hope to play the objective. Which in my experience, is less than thrilling for both players.

Not to mention the fact that terminator rumours are currently popping up out of the woodwork. There's rumoured terminators for 30k, Primaris terminators for 40k, regular terminators for 40k, and also terminators for Kill Team? They can't all be true, else 2023 be "Oops! All Terminators!".

The Terminators vs Genestealers thing just seems to be educated guesswork that has been repeated enough for Chinese Whispers to turn it into a rumour of it's own. 

Space Hulk-themed season > Terminator/Genestealer wishlisting > "I heard Terminators/Genestealers are coming in Gallowfall!" > HOT NEW RUMOUR!!! THIS IS EPIC!!!!

There's also no reason to believe Gallowfall will break the pattern of New Kit + Upgrade Sprue, whereas Terminators/Genestealers would presumably both be new sculpts, particularly when the usual rumourmongers have pointed to Genestealers coming in 10th 40k rather than Kill Team.

Edited by Lord Marshal

While the discussion about Gallowfall and the opinions about inclusion of additional units in Kill Team is interesting, it needs to take place elsewhere. This topic is about the Killzone Gallowdark box.

7cbzOGgutx3cKf7S.jpg

Personally, I'm curious about the contents in terms of what is/isn't included from the Shadowvaults, Into the Dark, and Soulshackle sets. This is especially true in terms of the Killzone Upgrade: Shadowvaults kit that is coming out separately. If my intent is solely to play Kill Team, I don't necessarily need Gallowdark unless it includes pieces that aren't in either the Soulshackle box (which I'll be getting) or the Killzone Upgrade: Shadowvaults box. I need to know more before I make a decision on which to buy. Of course, having the additional set (Gallowdark) will allow for a lot of homegrown scenarios and setups. I can't be waisting money, though, and the Emperor knows that GW is already getting enough of that from me.

With the boxed sets (Shadowvaults, Into the Dark, Soulshackle, and Gallowfall) in limited production quantities, however, I imagine that the Gallowdark box will be available in larger quantities and for longer, allowing players to pick up the corresponding book(s), this box, and then drop whatever faction(s) they want into the hulk without having to buy unwanted factions (especially with the factions now being available separately). The available quantities of the initial run might be limited, but we'll probably see this remain available for a while yet since it supports four Kill Team expansions and the Warhammer 40,000 Boarding Actions expansion.

5 minutes ago, Brother Tyler said:

Personally, I'm curious about the contents in terms of what is/isn't included from the Shadowvaults, Into the Dark, and Soulshackle sets. This is especially true in terms of the Killzone Upgrade: Shadowvaults kit that is coming out separately. If my intent is solely to play Kill Team, I don't necessarily need Gallowdark unless it includes pieces that aren't in either the Soulshackle box (which I'll be getting) or the Killzone Upgrade: Shadowvaults box.

Reading the product description, it appears that this doesn't get you anything that isn't in all 3 of the Kill Team boxes so far. This is for folks who didn't get any of the seasonal Gallowdark boxes, or perhaps already own 1 box, and want more terrain to scale up to Boarding Actions in 40k.

18 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Thanks for that Halandaar, I just wanted to know if there was definitely another box coming. This is the first box I have gotten with this terrain and with my oldest now at a level that she can play, I really wanted to start with Boarding actions which I believe needs two lots of this. I will wait and see what the next box is like first, hope it is Terminators.  There has to be some coming somewhere in the future with all the rumours.

The fact that its cheaper to get Soulshackle at a flgs, is just confusing. If you want this terrain box definitely try to get Soulshackle, unless your after the scatter terrain.

Edited by Black Knight

Boarding Actions is only £30 more at RRP, and you can actually buy it from independents stockists which usually brings it down closer to £105-£110 and is just this box with double sprues, minus the accessories. 

Alternatively the Gallowdark terrain out of the Kill Team boxes seems to be going for an average of around £50 on Ebay.

Edited by Lord Marshal