Speculation on Luther missing

Harleqvin

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The Fallen datasheet isn't in the current CSM Codex - gone as well is the restriction against taking <Fallen> as your faction keyword, so they can be fielded as is as a CSM legion right now.

I'd like to see them get a proper Legion trait, etc. next edition.

Unless they are brought back into the fold under the lions banner…

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The Fallen datasheet isn't in the current CSM Codex - gone as well is the restriction against taking <Fallen> as your faction keyword, so they can be fielded as is as a CSM legion right now.

Damn... Missed that one. Missed that they were all phased out. Inc the ambiguity of Cypher alliegeance... His Traitoris and Hereticus keywords have talken. :ermm:

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, WrathOfTheLion said:

I’ve been letting people know that for a bit now.

also i think it’s pretty lame the way they have forwarded the story with Vashtorr getting Tuchulcha* engine, and seems like the watchers did absolutely nothing to stop it from happening either…

stoked about the Lion returning and the bits of what I know from the Son of the Forest book. I really need to get at doing more of my DA/“Fallen” stuff, conversions and such. Just getting back home from being in Texas for 2.5 months for work.

3 hours ago, Harleqvin said:

also i think it’s pretty lame the way they have forwarded the story with Vashtorr getting Tuchulcha* engine, and seems like the watchers did absolutely nothing to stop it from

We don't really know the capabilities of the Watchers. We know they are are opposed to Chaos and have anti-psyker capabilities but how powerful are they and how many of them are there? Maybe they knew they couldn't stop Vashtor and saw no point in a futile battle (they are not Astartes after all). Or maybe they tried and failed.

The alternative is that they wanted/allowed Vashtor to take the Tuchulcha Engine but doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

I think now it's more likely that Luther could be Redeemed in some manner now that the cat is out of the bag there, but we still don't know until we see it. Is he roaming about, being freed by Marbas and joining up with them? Is Marbas just holding him prisoner somewhere else? We know Luther was freed by him, but not what his freedom entails yet.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
grammar

7 hours ago, Karhedron said:

We don't really know the capabilities of the Watchers. We know they are are opposed to Chaos and have anti-psyker capabilities but how powerful are they and how many of them are there? Maybe they knew they couldn't stop Vashtor and saw no point in a futile battle (they are not Astartes after all). Or maybe they tried and failed.

The alternative is that they wanted/allowed Vashtor to take the Tuchulcha Engine but doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

We know a bit. Like they obviously have ability to muck with chaos where the Changeling was extremely bothered by them, iirc. They could hold back tuchulcha, threw Azzy and ezzy out of the room and shut the door locking it from being opened again. They can bar others from getting to places within the rock. And have ability to travel it seems, too (Which may end up being part of how The Lion is traveling around the galaxy.)

also the issue with how Vashtorr got back on the ship with the special weapon having been destroyed and the gorgon shield being put back up. It’s just a bit of bad writing I feel to shoehorn the end result they wanted. Hopefully they do a good job of eventually telling why the watchers appeared to do nothing.

and as Wrath said, I hope they start showing more with Luther soon, however it will be (potentially being redeemed by the Lion, being imprisoned by Marbas, or joining him (I think that one may be less likely with how they have shown Luther to be since the battle with Lion.)