Imperial Agents Updated Datasheets (inc. Assassins & Inquisition)

Good to see they finally brought the Inquisition back after apparently accidentally removing them from matched play :D 

The article says you can make Agent of the Imperium detachments now but that seems missing from the rules? Just like my poor Terminator inquisitor! :( 

Might just be lazy but itd be nice if they included the points for completeness, its not like it costs them anything!

EDIT
Just realise you can just use Agent of the Imperium as a faction keyword now, so that works!

Edited by Noserenda

My take on Imperial Agents/ Unaligned units is this:

The most recent data sheet trumps anything that it directly contradicts.... However, any rules that were legal this edition, and which continue to be compatible with the rules of the current edition are also usable with the consent of your opponent. I say this because it is stupid that something that was legal suddenly stops being legal just because GW doesn't want people whining about how sources for valid units are out of print... Which is their entire rationale for Content Validity updates.

That means bring on the Malleus Terminator; use the rules that came in the box with Cartolvonus; use Janus Drake. Use the strats and relics.

Now this is a bit imperfect- Keywords can be an issue; some of the previous datasheets didn't include Agents of the Imperium as a Faction Keyword... And that makes them harder to use. Someday I'm going to pull it all together and Iron out the kinks. But now I have a list that I can use to generate Crusade content.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

9 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Just realise you can just use Agent of the Imperium as a faction keyword now, so that works!

Actually, it doesn't work unless you use the Agents as your main AoO detachment with Elite slot compulsory, because as @Crimson Longinus pointed out- the only Troops in the Agents rules (which you need for a Battle Brothers Patrol detachment) have the Shipborne Personnel rule which disqualifies them from fulfilling the compulsory Troop slot.

I recall these two guys, but they're ancient (1st/2nd edition):

IMG_0329.JPG

Was there some other Ordo Malleus Terminator Lord model made more recently? Hector Rex is the closest thing I can think of to a "modern" Inquisitor in something mildly resembling TDA, though his armour was never treated as TDA (it was artificer armour in Siege of Vraks 3). Regardless, the latest update only includes rules for inquisitor models that are currently supported by GW, so it's no surprise if older models aren't supported (even if it is disappointing).

8 hours ago, Wildblaze said:

So it looks like Elucia Vhane's loadout is the only option for Rogue Traders, is there rules for using Janus Draik or Neyam Shai Murad anywhere that hasn't been superseded or are they just not legal?

The three rogue trader models are all close enough that Elucia Vhane's rules should be adequate - they all basically have a fancy pistol and a rapier (granted, Shai Murad's "rapier" is her sword peg-leg and she's also carrying a second pistol).

My hope is that today's release was just a get-you-by until GW can give us something a bit more expansive. (Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.)

Yeah, that model already didn't have points in the MFM, so the writing was on the wall there. 

Maybe whenever the Inquisition/Agents actuay get updated rules (these ones are just a stripoed down version of what we had before) they'll add another one. Wouldn't expect it until after 10th has dropped though, can't see it having a high priority.

They still have the stratagem keyword forbthe RT for concussion grenades. These are just updated data sheets I'm pretty sure the old army building wt etc rules  rules are all still good or we may see an update with the arbites coming out as it seems they will turn the agents in to something useable seeing as they have three distinct units and likely a character right out the box. Maybe WD Is doing an agent's list soon.

Also I just am gonna use my ancient termy lord as Hector Rex just gonna give them a cool van Saar energy shield. 

More than likely the base Inq termie hq is gone permanently for sure... Has been gone for a bit... With them not having had the points for them in the last couple of Munitorums. at least we can still use the FW guy.

Does seem strange to me they moved Assasins to HQ, but maybe they want to avoid being abale to take too many of them for boarding patrol or some such?

With a number of the rules stuff not being here, relics, and strats. They are gone. When new rules are dropped they supersede the old ones, so gone are the old ways for now :sad:

They no longer have the Blackstone stuff for imperium. so seems they aren't usable for current matched play/tourney.

More than lackluster, kinda sucks overall.
What other HQ is there for Navis Imperialis? (I don't recall.)

wonder if they will remove Codex: Elucidian Starstriders from FAqs and such. same for the breachers.