Conversion question, Escher Cutters/Palanite

sairence
Go to solution Solved by Antarius,

Hi people. I'm looking at making some conversion for my Guard army using Necromunda bits. Specifically I'm thinking about making a couple of Rough Riders, but would like to avoid the actual horses. I want them a bit more techy and and bit more beefy looking.

So I was thinking of potentially combining the Escher Cutter bikes and Palanite Enforcer/Subjugator bodies. The idea would be to use the cops as riders and use the bits on the bikes where the guns go to attach lances of some kind.

Would probably be quite a bit of work to make them fit, but first off all I was wondering if anyone knows how to he scale between the two lines up? I don't play Necro myself and don't own any models, but I would assume they don't look too out of place next to each other? The Palanites are all standing pretty spread-legged, so I'm hoping they could be made to sit on the bikes.

• Solution

IME its always tricky to convert standing minis into riders, as both leg pose, body pose and "steering hands" need to be accounted for. As long as you're prepared to do quite a lot of work, though, I think it might be possible.
Size-wise I think it should be fine. The Escher are generally a bit thinner and taller than many other Necromunda minis (excluding the freakishly tall Delaques), but I don't think size will be an issue in this case.