Female Primarch Project Redux! Dawn Legion Ideaboard

Go to solution Solved by Brother Dougal,

It is very difficult to find all the pages. I know there is at least 7 but I have only managed to find 6 as getting all of the pages is a real accomplishment. so far I have found that if you work with the saves on the top bar eventually you can finding with 5 pages DO NOT TRY TO GO TO PAGE 5. instead go to page 3 then 5 then 4 which will show page 6. I have found page 7 before by just messing with it but IDK how to now.

basically mess with the saves until you see 5 pages it will say page 1 of 5 but only show 3. then click on page 3 then 5 then 4 which will show page 6. that's as far as I have gotten

best of luck

• 1 month later...

Hello, is this project still going? I stumbled across the art online, fell in love with the designs and stumbled my way here. I’m really interested in all aspects of this legion and the primarch and I would love to contribute if that’s ok. Is there any news on any of the 3d printing? Apologies for all the questions, I’m rather new to warhammer and the forum and I tried getting in touch on the Reddit page but I wasn’t sure what was best.

I’d like to post some ideas, but I’d like to say that first and foremost Dougal, this is your Primarch and legion so you do what feels right to you and what brings you fun and joy. Those of us posting are here to because we enjoy your vision and ideas, and you should never stress about about being perfect or appeasing the player base. This home brew project is exactly what the positive communities in Warhammer always try to encourage, don’t be let the toxicity drag your creativity down!  Don’t stress or rush with coming up with specifics, inspiration will hit you when you least expect it.

I’d like to contribute to some of the ideas and questions that were posted previously, and hopefully give some new concepts to think about as well. This is my first time , please feel free to give me any feedback on any of my suggestions.

First, there are dozens of other Pre-Colombian civilizations other than the Aztecs that you could draw ideas and inspiration  including the Teotihuacan,Olmec, Incan, not to mention the many Native American tribes. Many of these share similar religious beliefs, especially their very unique gods which could also be names of units, ships, vehicles, characters(Overly Sarcastic Productions on YouTube would be a great source of knowledge). World wide, there are many Native tribes with traditions of shamanism and oral tradition that might be good character building as well as ideas for lore. 

One military idea is that space marine groups I’ve seen rarely incorporate aerial units. Birds and the sky in are a very big part of Aztec culture and modern combat.  In modern warfare helicopters are great at deploying units quickly while aircraft help provide heavy firepower where needed; maybe aircraft can help with balancing your panther scouts with heavy support yet still keeping them mobile for your ideas of two sided warfare.  Another military avenue could be exploring real life special forces groups or mechanized infantry.

Perhaps your legion taking prisoners could be a similar to the revenant legion(the early blood angels), where capturing worthy enemies could be a way to get new recruits for the legion. This fits with the Aztec military culture where taking prisoners was a means to gain wealth and status in society, your marines could do the same for promotions and battle honors.

I know there was some contention with female space marines, if you don’t feel comfortable with that perhaps there could be non space marine personnel that are women that are important to the legion’s day to day operations? Even super soldiers need naval officers, crew and support staff in order to operate effectively. Perhaps Tlatia has a cabinet of female advisors or administrators in addition to  her space marine officers (Han dynasty style?).

Random note: In history, the Chinese Yellow Turban rebellion had a quote that’s very close to your legion battle cry that might be worth looking into. “The blue gray heaven is dead, the yellow sky shall rise!”(wikipedia).

I have a few character trait ideas for your Primarch and legion. Many Primarchs and their legions are meant to embody an aspect of the emperor; While there are many negative and practical traits shown in the 18 legions, what about some positive ones?  I’ve been trying to come up with ideas from your characterization so far, perhaps Tlatia could embody some concepts such as the emperor’s Hope, Humanity, or even just represent enlightened ideals he doesn’t express(scientific knowledge, overall human better, etc.).  She seems to want to unify people and try to make a better future for them, which aligns with what the emperor ultimately wants as well.

I like the idea that she cuts through the crap and questions things around her(I thought the story with the lion was hilarious), maybe her blank abilities allow her to see the truth in people, expose their true nature. Perhaps she has some humanitarian, religious and enlightened ideals that are rare in warhammer. I think that while being blanks may make the marines and Tlatia  unapproachable at first, perhaps they have a very truthful, wise personality with unique traditions that appeal them to civilians and legions alike.

I love the idea of her and the legion nurturing and revering nature, it’s very unique and it would be awesome to expanded upon that. Maybe this could be a driving force of their characterization and maybe even add to the lore to help explain their disappearance.

I like the idea that they made a mistake in 30k that would’ve been seen as bad then, but not so now. Perhaps they threatened the treaty with the mechanicum by not allowing nature to be destroyed, or Tlatia doesn’t like how they treat humans as lesser and their hypocrisy regarding technology.

Someone posted the idea of tech heresy as a reason they disappeared, and I have a thought. Maybe their blank gene makes it impossible to use astropaths so they have to use alien technology or even artificial intelligence to travel the warp which would be a big issue with both the emperor and the mechanicum.

Perhaps she didn’t agree with many of the emperors policies, and maybe her attempts to bring balance to the family of other primarchs by trying to expose their flaws and fix their issues would accidentally threaten an early Horus heresy (Maybe she discovered alpharius before he was officially found?)?

However, I wouldn’t seal the fate of anyone or anything so soon; I would encourage you to keep it open for future story telling and I would even argue against chaos corruption of the legion or any ideas of infighting. Giving the Dawn legion and Tlatia a chance to return is possibly a good way to keep the storytelling and ideas new and exciting so you don’t feel constrained. Perhaps they weren’t a good fit for the emperor’s plans during the crusade but could be pivotal in modern 40k where technology is scarce and travel is difficult. Maybe their blank gene could be an advantage against the tyranids presence in the warp or maybe even counteract the pariah nexus? Their possible return to modern 40k could really be an interesting lore and gameplay flavor, their legion would be a force to be reckoned with and their ideals could bring reform and hope to the people.

I hope this was a bunch of good ideas for everyone here. I have become very passionate about this project but I also don’t want to be belligerent, please let me know if I did anything wrong because it was never my intent. I really enjoyed sharing my ideas and hope to hear back soon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36fc1m-mNQ - This video on new army tactics for jungle organization and mobility might be up your alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_aO1_-SP4- I got many of my perspectives on space marine lore from here, maybe could ignite some more ideas?

Edited by M.T.D.
First time poster. I wanted to clean up what I wrote and add some new ideas. Hope that’s ok.

• 4 weeks later...

there was a short story I (think it was called "the chamber at the end of memory") which I won't spoil, but It has possible implications that one of the lost primarchs is imprisoned under the imperial palace. It involved Rogal Dorn and Malcador during the fortification of the imperial palace. It also implies that Malcador made the prison not the emperor. 

On the topic of female Space Marines in the heresy era, I think there is a very solid precedent in official lore already. When the Dark Angels were reunited a large number of calibrate knights that could not undergo the regular transformation were inducted into the legion by means of surgical and cybernetic augmentation. Now the official Lore never specifically mentions any female members of the order but there is no reason why this process wouldn't be applicable to women. If your primarch had a large mixed-gender or all-female force at the time of reunification it makes perfect sense that they would receive this treatment. 

Over time many these original recruits would probably die or retire from active duty to oversee recruitment efforts, just it happened in the Dark Angels, but there could be a number of reasons to continue to recruit women.

1: Most Legions build on the military traditions of their homeworlds for their unique units. If a unit was traditionally all-female its legion equivalent would initially be made up of female legionaries. If they performed well in that role, the legion might continue to recruit women specifically for these units.

2: The primarchs honor guard may be historically all-female and she may not agree to changing that.

(Both of these could also offer interesting dynamics were such units might start to accept the best regular Marines into their ranks)

3: During the unification of her homeworld the primarch secured alliances by offering prestigious military positions to noble daughters and she continues to honor these pacts.

4. As part of the legions spiritual balance there may be a "1 female captain from the homeworld for every male one from terra"-rule or something similar 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. It’s been a while.

Maybe I should apologize. Sorry for fading away like that for a while. Truth is I hit something of a creative roadblock in developing the Legion and I wound up stepping away and doing other things for a while. Even more truthfully, I still haven’t found an answer for those blocks. But I found the will to make some more stuff for them and wanted to share it with you all.

What are these blocks? Well, there is a part of me that still wants to find some style of combat that differentiates them. I’ve said before that I have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head, but welding them altogether in a cohesive whole and putting a name to it is something that yet eludes me. There are some other Legions that don’t fit into one style, but they make up for it in other ways. I wish there was some documentary or transcript I could see on how GW chose and developed their starring Chapters (though I suspect the answer is it took them several years worth of development and retcons as well).

Another is Legion culture. On other web sites, in other places I’ve brought them up, questions keep coming up about what they’re like outside of battle. What do they do for themselves? My biggest idea in that department is to have Tlatia impart an appreciation for the natural world in her sons, for all the forms it takes across the galaxy. That fits with their use of animal totems. Take that, then add in some love for artistic expression, for the ways Humanity celebrates life, and I think we could be on to something there.

Some people keep asking if I’m going to include Aztec practices of human sacrifice. These people argue that A: Blood Sacrifice is an important part of Aztec culture and not including it would be a noticeable omission, and B: Warhammer is a grimdark universe where terrible secrets and  curses are par for the course so my Legion should have something like that.

I’ll admit, knowing that other Legions deal with things like the Fallen, the Wulfen, and the Black Rage makes me wonder if having some dark secret would help my Legion. On the other hand, the Lizardmen of Fantasy Warhammer don’t practice sacrifice (as far as I know) and no one seems to mind that. Nor do the Salamanders or Ultramarines have something to hide from the rest of the Imperium. It could really go either way on this. So for now I guess I’m just waiting for a good enough idea to decide which road I’ll take.

After that, there’s a much simpler, vaguer matter: I’m just not really sure what else my Legion needs now. I’ve got a homeworld, I’ve got a look, I’ve got special units. I’m working on a culture. What’s left? What’s next? I’m not sure. Maybe it’s time to just sit down and write a story out. Or maybe I should come up with some actual characters for the Legion besides the Primarch. Ugh, I’ll need to think of names for them. Names suck.

Anyway, here. Hope you like these pictures. If you have any thoughts you’d like to share, I’m all ears. Till next time!

F3D4683C@1260681C.A7DA7F65.png.jpeg

63D82F6B@7C326B35.BD758D65.png.jpeg

I like the idea of having a focus towards nature in the chapter culture - it's something that only seems to crop up occasionally in the background (I seem to remember a governor in one book being a plant breeder?), so it may feel quite different, as well as giving a contrast to the martial aspect?

Personally, I'd omit sacrifice from their background ... that feels more the realms of Chaos (and the Golden Throne...).

3 hours ago, Brother Dougal said:

Maybe it’s time to just sit down and write a story out. Or maybe I should come up with some actual characters for the Legion besides the Primarch

I'm wondering if in drafting a story, some characters might drop out? :smile: 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking of redesigning the animal helmets. Make them a little more like the Space Wolves Wolf Helmets, maybe. I’m not sure. I’ll ask an artist to draw a few different designs, see if any stand out to me or not.

Okay, so for the moment I’m settling on a combat doctrine based on ‘Adaptation’. Yes, it’s just a word, but I’m looking at this problem I’ve had from a different angle.

For every Legion that seems to be based on an actual style of warfare (siege, stealth, speed, psychic) there are others that don’t. The Emperor’s Children describe their style as ‘Perfection’. Perfection? Perfection isn’t a form of warfare! And what about the Salamanders? They’re defined by Fire, and maybe Hammers. That’s not a recognized form of warfare either, that’s a loadout. The Dark Angels?

I want my Legion to ‘fit in’ to a certain extent. I want them to adhere enough to the template set by the others that people looking at them would think ‘this could work’. But I see now that I can play a little looser with things than I have been. The Thousand Sons use an Egyptian aesthetic, but just how ‘Egyptian’ are they? Other than names and decorations, I’m not sure. Was magic a big deal to them? I don’t think so. When it comes to the Thousand Sons, how much of it matters, and how much is just style?

So, my Legion uses a Mesoamerican aesthetic, their culture venerates the natural world, and they wage war using ‘Adaptation’ as a central principle.

At the end of the day, there’s just one rule that matters more than any other. The Rule… of Cool.

(Okay, now, about my Primarch’s powers. To be, or not to be?)

8AFC5F64@8F494E2F.C8BBA065.png

I agree that it is very similar to ultramarines but what's the significant difference between the space wolves and blood angels tactics. I think the best way to approach a good style of warfare is to look closer at the primarch.

for example:

what were their daily activities? (Konrad was hunting around naustromo looking for criminals, and Angron was a forced gladiator)

what culture were they raised In? (fulgrim and the kahn would be much different if Ceogorach hadn't swapped there planets)

what trait is unique to them? (sanguineous had his wings, Horus had incredible charisma)

let's take an expectation and screw with it. ( Blood angles are noble right? Wrong! black rage and red thirst. Night lords are just maniacs right? Wrong! they are some of the most honorable and individually unique Astartes)

let's take a trait and run with it. ( Ultramariens good at organizing? lets give them the single largest sub empire in the imperial realm. White scars based on Mongolia lets make them fast as :cuss: boi)

etc

but most importantly 

How and where did the primarch survive?

guilliman had to survive in a cut throat high political society

the lion and leman had to survive in the hostile land with massive beasts

Konrad survived in a city filled with rapists and murders

Vulkan lived in a tight knit community which was under attack

Angron lived in a tight knit community which was taken from him

Alpharious lived under the direct tutelage of malcador who was an exceptional manipulator and had a lot of secrets

but as always your ideas are yours and yours alone

you are the one who decides what's cannon

Alright. That’s a lot to answer, and I think I’ve actually gone over some of those earlier in the thread. But that was close to a year ago, I don’t mind going over it again.

I have answers to some of these questions. Others I’ve considered different ideas for, going back and forth because I can’t decide what works best for the story I want to tell. That’s something I need to figure out, because it all has to fit together in the end. Most especially her special ability.

Okay, let me try to summarize this. Tlatia’s homeworld was a former hive world that was devastated by a man-made apocalypse during the events of Old Night. Nearly extinct and stripped of technology, the people of that world were reduced to hunter-gatherers as nature slowly reclaimed the planet.

By the time Tlatia came there humans had advanced into numerous tribes and a few civilizations. The ruins of the old world were held in superstition, and dangerous beasts that had evolved during this age held back man’s further development.

Tlatia was at first raised in one of these tribes, but when her unique ability manifested she was forced to leave, becoming an outcast. She would then spend the next stage of her life traveling her corner of the world, watching people from afar and learning about their different cultures, while also developing an affinity for the wilds and exploring some of the ruins.

(What happens from then up until her discovery by the Emperor depends on what ability I settle on giving her.)

well it kinda seems like she might be fit for intelligence gathering more than conventional warfare. Although Ambush strategy also fits very well. 

as for prim arch ability I do remember that she was a very strong blank so I would encourage you to look at the black pariah and Jenita Krole.

That’s the next thing I need to go over. This is going to be complicated.

Yes, originally I wanted her psychic ability to be the Pariah gene. A super-Blank. I even thought about working it into her creation as a woman: given that there are apparently enough female blanks to form  an entire order, the Sisters of Silence, I thought it would make sense that the gene is more prevalent or stable among women for some reason, so the Emperor went with that option for her.

But as time went by, certain issues started coming up in later stories I wanted to tell. The Pariah gene is one of the most powerful, precious resources in the galaxy, and because of that GW/Black Library gives it a fair number of serious drawbacks as well, most notably the utter revulsion normal humans feel towards them. Thus, if Tlatia were going to be the most powerful Blank in the galaxy, it would seem fitting that she suffer the most serious drawbacks of any Blank as well, yes? She should be seriously hampered, nay crippled, in any attempt to interact with anyone; Human, Animals, Astartes, her fellow Primarchs, everyone!

If that is the case then leading a Legion should be damn near impossible. Interacting with your sons should be impossible. Having any kind of relationship with your family should be impossible. And I wanted Tlatia to have those relationships. Hell, the entire reason I wanted to create a female Primarch in the first place was because I wanted to see how she’d interact with the rest of this pseudo-pantheon of egotistical warlords. What kind of story could I tell with her if she was unable to speak to anyone?

For a while I considered giving her a Mcguffin of sorts, to help her control her powers so she could do both. But that left a bad taste in my mouth; as I previously stated, the Pariah gene is one of the greatest powers in the 40k universe, and Tlatia would be the greatest of them all. It basically makes her immune to Chaos. She could probably cause True Death just by touching a daemon. To give her such power, and just write off any drawbacks by way of a deus ex machina? No, no that would make her a Mary Sue. I needed something better than that.

Unable to think of anything for a while, I began considering giving her a different ability altogether. In the tarot I got some inspiration from, Tlatia’s card was the Fortune. From that I came up with the idea of giving her a kind of aura of good/bad luck. One she has no control over, that shifts from one pole to the other at random intervals and lasts for random periods of time. In this scenario her periods of ill fortune would be what forced her from her world’s primitive societies, but it wouldn’t be impossible to have any interaction with people. Dealing with her Legion and Humanity in general would still have difficulties, but they could be overcome with enough effort.

There are some issues with this idea as well, so I haven’t made a final decision yet. If anyone has some ideas, thoughts, or criticisms about this whole thing I’d be happy to hear from you.

But there is one last thing I should mention before I go. Very recently, I learned from people on Reddit who’ve read many more books than I have that there is in fact, in canon 40k books, the very kind of McGuffin device I considered making for Tlatia. There are limiter collars that Blanks can wear that suppress their anti-psychic abilities!

I don’t know how to feel about this. I suppose it makes some sense in context; the Imperium has technologies to enhance and suppress psychic abilities. Culexus Assassins use  weird helmets to turn their auras into some kind of beam weapon. Why not a limiter device to suppress a blank aura? But does this make it okay to give Tlatia such a device? I feel like my previous logic still stands; hand-waving your biggest issue with a simple plot device sounds like bad writing to me. I wish I could ask the actual writers of Black Library why they did that.

Ah well, time to turn it over to you guys. What do you think of my dilemma? Any feedback is welcome.

(P.S. There are two reasons why I want Tlatia to be an outcast in her youth. First, to make her desire and struggle with her family. Upon being put in control of her Legion, Tlatia goes out of her way to seek out her brothers and their Legions, to try and connect with the family she never dreamed she’d get to have. These encounters will not always go well. Second, to generate one of the biggest conflicts within the Legion itself. Some of Tlatia’s sons wish for the kind of glorious transformation that other Legions got when their Primarchs were found. They want their Lady to give them that, to strike out into the galaxy and lead them to glory equal to that of the Blood Angels or Luna Wolves. Tlatia’s struggles with that, with her own sons, will perhaps be the greatest trial she ever faces.)

I understand why you might want to change it and also why you might want to keep it so i'll try to present my arguments for and against both to hopefully help you decide. 

first to keep:

your story is still structured in a way which works even with the incredible drawbacks or the pariah gene. if memory serves she was mentored by both Horus and Sanguineous who are arguably the most charismatic primarchs. if anyone could teach a pariah what an emotion is it would be them. 

logic would dictate that her sons are also possible pariahs and it is confirmed that pariahs don't really effect other pariahs. also we are talking about a primarch if anyone could learn the concept of emotion with zero experience it would need to have the intelligence of a primarch. 

lastly it could be used as a major plot device for the more perceptive primarchs. for example lets take a meeting with *spins wheel* uhh lorgar. He might not see anything wrong other than a subconscious aversion to eye contact or small gut feeling, or *spins again* Vulcan with his humanity would immediately see through the facade with less than a second of straight eye contact. Such a device could make for very intresting and sudden tension or be used as a Sword of Damocles in any and all interactions.

besides its not like pariahs have no wants just a lack of emotions. if a sister of silence gets hungry she still wants to eat, and the sisterhood all feel loyalty and some even love for the emperor

to change: 

the luck field could be (if you subscribe to the idea that the primarch souls are minor warp gods) a god who is more of a trickster and or malevolent. it would also help a lot with the disappearance and consequent erasure. The emotions would also be much more believable and genuine. 

you could also tie Tlatia to the present with the lamenters or black dragons. 

the concept of luck manipulation also goes really well with her fighting style being dam near aerial. not to mention the outcast from society could work well as she is seen as a bad omen + transhuman dread.

the luck aspect could also be a latent psychic ability which could be expanded upon in many stories.

____

But as always you are the author 

P.S

I realize this might have not helped or made it worse

if so sorry about that

• Solution

No it’s fine. Thank you for your thoughts, really.

Sigh, I need more opinions. I need to sit down and discuss this with someone. Multiple someone’s. Maybe people with actual writing experience?

I bet I could find some kind of chat room or facebook group or something on the internet that could help me, if I just searched enough. But one that would help me out on short notice? Or one that knows Warhammer? It seems unlikely, but I have to try. If I don’t make a decision, my Legion will remain a ‘work-in-progress’ forever.

Primarch abilities don't have to always be "on". Corax's shadow ability, for example.

Maybe it's an ability she can "turn on", but is incredibly taxing mentally, meaning it's a limited time ability.

Perhaps hint at it having incapacitated her in the past at a crucial point?

Hmm. I suppose if I could think of another reason for her to be an outcast I could go with a different power. A cursed ability just seemed like a great way to do that, given her inherent strengths as a Primarch.

While I consider my options, I think I want to talk a bit about the Selenar. I’m considering making them the subject of the next picture I have made for the Dawn Legion. Never really settled on a design for them, though, so I’ll need a good artist to work with for that. Hmm, who should I go with?

The Selenar are in an interesting situation: their work with the Dawn Legion is, to them, a temporary alliance. The splinter faction that joins the Eleventh is looking for a new place and/or purpose for their order in the growing Imperium. To that end, working with a Legion provides not only a free ride to the far reaches of the galaxy, but also an impressive amount of protection from threats both out and within. They’re not going to find that new purpose, at least not for a good long while, because of Stuff (Heresy!) but in the meantime they’ll see a lot of cool things.

(One other thing. Does anyone happen to know where my old forum thread about this project went to? The first one? I’ve lost track of it and there was a story there that I wanted to try and salvage. If anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it.)

37 minutes ago, Brother Dougal said:

(One other thing. Does anyone happen to know where my old forum thread about this project went to? The first one? I’ve lost track of it and there was a story there that I wanted to try and salvage. If anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it.)

It was probably in the Special Projects Forum which I don't think survived the move after that project imploded.

8 hours ago, Brother Dougal said:

A cursed ability just seemed like a great way to do that, given her inherent strengths as a Primarch.

The first thing that came to mind was "Blank", then I scrolled up and saw you'd already mentioned that. :facepalm: 

I suppose the question is, do they need to be a super-blank, or can they just be a mild blank - enough to give some slight protection from the warp, but also enough to make regular humans shun them? As you say, there's devices in some of the Black Library books (I think the Eisenhorn/Ravenor series) to turn on/off "blankness" (on the one hand, like you say, it feels a bit of a convenient way of negating your disadvantage, but obviously if it's an adversary using it then that's a bit different in terms of feeling).

“For the Dream! For the Outcast! For the Emperor!”– battle-cry of the Dawn Lords https://web.archive.org/web/20161113082355/http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327453-female-primarch-project-what-is-this-heresy/?p=4550934 heres the link

It is very difficult to find all the pages. I know there is at least 7 but I have only managed to find 6 as getting all of the pages is a real accomplishment. so far I have found that if you work with the saves on the top bar eventually you can finding with 5 pages DO NOT TRY TO GO TO PAGE 5. instead go to page 3 then 5 then 4 which will show page 6. I have found page 7 before by just messing with it but IDK how to now.

basically mess with the saves until you see 5 pages it will say page 1 of 5 but only show 3. then click on page 3 then 5 then 4 which will show page 6. that's as far as I have gotten

best of luck

You’re amazing, Chaplain. Thank you.

I’m just going to rework parts of one of the stories, and start working on another.

Meanwhile I’ll get the artist to start working on the outfit for the Selenar. Hmmm. Do I want them to have white armor, like apothecaries normally do? White armor and blue robes? Or maybe blue armor and white robes?

My standard scheme is orange and blue.

Captains add green and gold for a wild and vivid look.

Panthera wear blue armor with green capes.

My Librarians use orange armor and blue robes to mark their status.

Techmarines wear red, as standard, but have black helmets to mark the strained bond with Mars.

Chaplains wear the standard black with skull helmets.

Tecuani Honour Guard wear standard colors.

Apothecaries… that Warhammer-Community article showed Heresy-Era Apothecaries in standard colors, with white helmets and robes. Orange and white? Is that what I want?

Orange and white, Blue and white, or White and Blue? They use the Rabbit totem. Hmmm…

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to talk about while I wait for the artist. The queue is gonna be a while, though. Hmmm.

Is there anything I haven’t covered? I do worry that I’m starting to repeat myself. Looking back through this thread and the old one, I see myself saying the same thing a few times over. I don’t want to keep doing that.

What do you guys think? Is there anything you’d like to know about? Ask about? Maybe got a critique or two?

In the meantime, quick thought about Destroyers: should they be banned from the Legion?

It certainly makes sense on one hand: if the Dawn Legion reveres nature and life, then the radioactive poison of Destroyer weapons should be even more despised by them than they already are by other Legions. Maybe I should follow the example of the Salamanders in this regard?

Buuuut, before I do I want to consider whether there are any good stories or angles I could take if I did include them. The last time I considered this I thought about giving them a totem (The Toad) but I couldn’t come up with anything more for them beyond that so I forgot about them for a while.

It’d probably be more fitting to do without them. What reason could Tlatia have to keep them?