How will the new edition affect us ?

BLACK BLΠFLY

Hey all have you been thinking about the new edition and how it will change our faction? As far as ninth edition goes I’m very happy with our rules and how we play. Hopefully geedub will be a little kinder to SM when the new editon rolls out. Any predictions?

Edited by BLACK BLΠFLY

Going off the rumors I've seen, I think we're in a good place.

- strats shaking up doesn't affect our play style too much. Most of our specialties are pointed upgrades (relics), litanies, or chapter specific units.

- allowing primaris in older transports gives more flexibility. I could see crusader squads in pods being very useful.

7 hours ago, Blade of Sigismund said:

Going off the rumors I've seen, I think we're in a good place.

- strats shaking up doesn't affect our play style too much. Most of our specialties are pointed upgrades (relics), litanies, or chapter specific units.

- allowing primaris in older transports gives more flexibility. I could see crusader squads in pods being very useful.

If templars get indexed they may lose those things though. I would love to keep the champion of the feast strat and all of our relic bearers/ relics but they may be gonezo.

1 hour ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Looking to earlier version changes well probably be rolled into the codex with the vanilla marines with minimal support for the next 6 editions.

But that my experience speaking. I hope we stay an independent fraction 

Independent or not we definitely are NOT going to lose what we just gained, all these new kits means that the rule team needs to keep the rules for those units updated, our rules can no longer be ignored or removed and if they minimize the amount of subfaction rules then that's a design decision that will affect every chapter.