Character Head Upgrades

Some absolutely aspirational facial hair here. Love it.

Nice to see an Upgrade set that is, essentially, pointless but really cool. Doesn't serve any in-game purpose to represent anything unique for a faction but makes our lives as hobbyists more fun.

Similar to others, while I think these are well sculpted heads, none of them make me think a marine is more 'Blood Angel' or more 'Emperors Children' so it's a pass to me. If I'd ended up doing Fists or Ultras I'd probably have grabbed a set to sprinkle in though.

I rarely use bare heads so I probably won't get these (although the respirator ones are tempting) but I am hugely impressed with the sculpt. They have to be some of the most realistic heads I have ever seen.

Well done to the sculptor.

Regarding the slightly more loyalist vibe to a lot of these, I do think the clean and clear paint jobs here adds to that. His some of these with some different glazes & washes or do something with the eyes and they're going to look pretty traitorous I think.

Although also, wouldn't exactly be surprised now to see a 'Corrupted Astartes' head upgrade set down the line with a few small mutations, some more chaos-y facial expressions etc.