Brass Myrmidons of Khorne

Haven’t really posted before but I’m exited by the release of new models for World Eaters. 

I’ve taken a different approach to getting the brass color and experimented with 5 of my berzerkers. 

I’m currently basing them, but I think the army would look great in this style. 

1C6F07AA-BCC0-492C-BDDE-0543527F54F3.jpeg

Closer look

636BD335-8712-4972-979D-971A47811C78.jpeg

Made progress on the basing. I will use blood for the blood god on some of the weapons. Thinking about adding some blood to the snow on the basing. 

Next will be working the jugger lord.

4514F5BA-ACDD-49CB-9393-4992AAFB19C8.jpeg

5EBACECE-9125-4D16-B130-C62D46FEAF40.jpeg

DCB89C00-F3A7-44BD-9990-F08FE76B97ED.jpeg

Edited by WarSmith Fortrix

10 hours ago, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

Looks like a simple but effective scheme. Well done!

10 hours ago, Pearson73 said:

That's a really nice scheme, the planet symbol really pops out from it and draws the eye (in a good way!). I think adding some blood to the snow would look good, might be a bit clean otherwise!

Thanks. I was looking something that would contrast well against my Iron Warriors and Death Guard. My local area has a lot of Custodes players. So my Berzerkers could show up and be like “We are also hear to help…..remove skulls”. 

D4EDBAE0-DBBA-4EA0-9FAE-EBD668355C37.jpeg

65093E36-BDC0-483B-A0C1-791A94EB201E.jpeg

42A33C9F-66E9-4E46-8C94-7B03E602D3F4.jpeg

So many chain weapons. My quest to paint up a new world waters army will be long. My list of models grows daily. 

I’m not a fan of the exalted eightbound armor and will probably run them without armor. I think that will work, they rely less on the power amor and instead move faster for better weapon skill. And are slightly more in tune with the demons. Perhaps their skin will be more of a reddish tint to show that. 

DDF25ACF-F7D6-47A4-AAB9-F3D92DF1F9C1.jpeg

13 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

OOH great work here :wub: , Can i ask what/how your brass scheme was painted with ?... 

Like the snow basing with added Khorne stuff :tongue: ...

Cannot wait to see more!!!

Cheers, M 

Thanks. I used runelord brass as the base with a wash of reikland flesh shade. The runelord is a light brass color with almost a pinkish hue. Reikland brings it back to a brassy color it think. After the khorne red details were applied, a wash of Agrax earth shade on both amour and Khorne red. Then highlight brass with stormhost silver. It’s the scheme I came up with to do a lot of models efficiently and but catch attention on the table. 

The world eaters icon was done with contrast warpstone paint over the brass after the first reikland wash. Then light agrax over it. 

This may evolve more after doing more models outside of the original test berzerkers.  

My old world eaters were the classic all red with gold trim. Before then they were the red with black trim. I thought briefly about a variation of the heresy scheme but thought it would be cool if they mimicked Angrons brass amour instead. 

The juggernaut lord is coming along. 

Also…. Angron RETURNS!!!!!!

I was able to finish most of the assembly today. He might actually by my next project. I left the chest and shoulder amour off and will paint it separately. 

The model is slightly shorter than Mortarion. But he is definitely the beef of the two. 

1E9F0EF4-08B9-4E86-BB64-948649D77A20.jpeg

1F7E7B11-71CE-4BD7-ABFF-DF5F712687B7.jpeg

EFA76E02-AD06-45A5-9A03-33811B187BF8.jpeg

Thanks for the recipe list and thanks for posting more great models :thumbsup: Hmmm seeing Angron (semi naked) he does look like he does Bench, Deadlift & Squat religiously :laugh:... 

That Jugger Lord is looking great :wub:

Cheers, M. 

Last night Angron convinced me he needed skulls. So we had a game at 50 PL. Many black templars perished before he was temporarily banished. By the time he came back the rest of the Brass Myrmidons claimed the remaining skulls.

It was a fun game and only my second with the new army. 

I have to go out of town for two weeks which will slow my painting down. But I’ll continue to brainstorm schemes. 

Earlier I mentioned doing my exalted eightbound with  no armor. I will still do that but paint them with red skin and maybe use the khornate decals as tattoos. I think should give the a unique look. 

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, WarSmith Fortrix said:

I have to go out of town for two weeks which will slow my painting down. But I’ll continue to brainstorm schemes. 

Earlier I mentioned doing my exalted eightbound with  no armor. I will still do that but paint them with red skin and maybe use the khornate decals as tattoos. I think should give the a unique look. 

Thoughts?

Sounds good, so long as you can make the Decals look tattoo like ?!?.. Could you do something like carving the Khorne symbol into their skin?... Not seen the models in real life so not sure if it would work...

The Lords looking great, i really like the Brass Body and Red legs head style you've gone with ... :thumbsup: 

As to Angrons wings... The Eavy metal ones in red i'm not a fan of (personally) ...did you see the Warcom article that had other peoples versions of painted Angron??.. some of those looked really good...

Cheers, M. 

On 2/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, WarSmith Fortrix said:

Thoughts?

I'm intrigued to see how that works out; I've considered dropping the armour from the exalted eightbound myself to make them stand out more (for a semi-hypothetical World Eaters army).

On 2/26/2023 at 11:15 AM, WarSmith Fortrix said:

Thoughts?

I think they look better without the armor by far. If you're going to use decals as tattoos, you will definitely want to get some kind of decal softener like MicroSol to help it conform to the model if you don't already have it.

On 3/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

I think they look better without the armor by far. If you're going to use decals as tattoos, you will definitely want to get some kind of decal softener like MicroSol to help it conform to the model if you don't already have it.

That was my plan, to use MicroSol but also smaller decals as the larger ones would be a real challenge. I hope to be able to start this next week after I get back from traveling.