Brass Myrmidons of Khorne

The Jugger Lord is excellent :cool:

The Eight Bound are Looking very good so far, so i gather you kept a pad on the right shoulder as their defensive side or was it just random!?... 

I reckon the skin in lighter red tones will really pop :thumbsup:

Cheers, M.  

18 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

The Jugger Lord is excellent :cool:

The Eight Bound are Looking very good so far, so i gather you kept a pad on the right shoulder as their defensive side or was it just random!?... 

I reckon the skin in lighter red tones will really pop :thumbsup:

Cheers, M.  

Thanks. I kept the right shoulder as it was the theme for the eightbound in general and assumed it has gladiatorial ties significant for the legion as a whole. But the more I work the to more I’m considering keeping Angron with no armor. 

Making slow progress on the exalted eightbound. The further I go the more confident I become in them ending up looking good based on the scheme I’m pursuing. 

I also based Lord Invocatus. I think I’ll need to run him on the table sooner than later. 

9506BF08-7E7F-4D1A-B789-E6C808B0A362.jpeg

Great work on the Eightbound so far! I'm really enjoying your take on them. As for Angron, perhaps just giving him the right shoulderpad as well to tie him visually to the Eightbound could work? It would maintain the armorless look while still helping to make the force look more cohesive.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:21 PM, Mr. Oddity said:

Great work on the Eightbound so far! I'm really enjoying your take on them. As for Angron, perhaps just giving him the right shoulderpad as well to tie him visually to the Eightbound could work? It would maintain the armorless look while still helping to make the force look more cohesive.

I like the ideal of using the right shoulder pad for Angron. I may try to see how it looks. 

I made more progress on eightbound. 

CA3BA92B-C1D4-4C81-83DE-B5F9388CA973.jpeg

83673973-6DB3-444B-9882-A02897E43912.jpeg

Added a few decals as tattoos. I forgot how much I dislike decals and some of these were just so small. Two decals were harmed in this endeavor and lost forever. 

Then for some of the decals I went over them with a little nuln oil just so they matched some of the skin shadows. 

Afterwards I added the blood for the blood god. 

I think they came out well and fairly unique. 

5C43E4AA-1CDC-4D7C-A654-3383F33736C3.jpeg

9DB89658-211E-4355-AAE9-4D9FD00D5055.jpeg

6FF1B6FE-43EC-4A94-B1A0-9B45F01128BF.jpeg

5F70A59C-D592-49C2-8484-1BD027471A8E.jpeg

136EBA17-E096-4A3D-8BDB-8E8B5930106B.jpeg

Perhaps I’m not ready to tackle Angron yet. I have started working on Lord Invocatus but perhaps I’ll also work on Khârn at the same time before taking on Angron.

I’m trying to build up to building and painting my Brass Scorpion. 

I managed to play a game a couple of weeks ago. 2v2 with World Eaters and space marines on one side and Votann/Tau on the other.  It was a game for fun with World Eaters and “non-corrupted” space marines taking the win via points. Angron was great. He was super disruptive and the Tau failed to put him out early. That mistake ended up getting 1 squad of votann warriors slain, 1 riptide ripped apart, and one Storm surge squashed before Angron went down a first time.  Angron destroying one flank kept us in the game. 

After that I feel like I need to add more skulls to his base. 

20 hours ago, WarSmith Fortrix said:

Perhaps I’m not ready to tackle Angron yet. I have started working on Lord Invocatus but perhaps I’ll also work on Khârn at the same time before taking on Angron.

I think the advice is generally to work on the centrepieces last, because by then you'll have the painting technique down pat (i.e. made all the mistakes and optimisations on the troops, and had a lot of practice, too) and they'll come out looking the best for it. Obviously, the natural urge is to paint the coolest mini first ... :facepalm: :laugh:

7 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I think the advice is generally to work on the centrepieces last, because by then you'll have the painting technique down pat (i.e. made all the mistakes and optimisations on the troops, and had a lot of practice, too) and they'll come out looking the best for it. Obviously, the natural urge is to paint the coolest mini first ... :facepalm: :laugh:

My problem is I rarely get to the centerpiece because the troops bog me down. So perhaps when there is painted force worthy of him leading maybe then I’ll focus down on Angron. 

Next set. More Bezerkers, Khârn and Lord Invocatus. 

F74A3241-A01B-4437-B782-43A6E8E1979B.jpeg

Yeah, that is a very real struggle for many! (me included!) I suppose if it made a difference psychologically, you could base coat him so "he isn't unpainted", and then come back to do all the detailing on him later? Otherwise, I'm not sure I can offer any advice. :blush: 

Either way, it definitely looks like your World Eaters are coming along nicely. :smile: 

• 2 weeks later...