Well, well, well...

4yRkSc0nijvYJwM3.jpg

oLtvGKJXE8v8cPb0.jpg

This resin upgrade kit will be released by Forge World soon.

And don’t worry, more plastic infantry is in production – the Age of Darkness isn’t just about tanks!

Edited by Lord Marshal

Nice parts, like the axe. But fully expected this to be a plastic upgrade sprue - ala the special and heavy weapons - rather than a resin kit. Means adding probably £50 on top of a 20 man MKVI box to kit them all out which sucks. Really don't understand the decision. 

So clear omission of MKII marines on that upgrade set. It says FW MK V and Citadel MK III, IV and VI marines. Seems likely MKII will be the next infantry release. 

Edit, and while sure these could technically fit MKIII's; style wise they aren't even close. *Grumble

Edit 2: yeah the more I look at this set the more annoyed I get. 5 almost identical sets of arms, to put on the 5 variations of bodies we got for the mk VI. I'm better off raiding old tactical and assault squad kits to get these pieces.  This one is a stinker for me. 

Edited by matcap86

1 minute ago, matcap86 said:

So clear omission of MKII marines on that upgrade set. It says FW MK V and Citadel MK III, IV and VI marines. Seems likely MKII will be the next infantry release. 

Or it’s just that GW currently doesn’t make any MK II kits…?

(Other than an Apothecary and the Rampagers)

10 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

Nice parts, like the axe. But fully expected this to be a plastic upgrade sprue - ala the special and heavy weapons - rather than a resin kit. Means adding probably £50 on top of a 20 man MKVI box to kit them all out which sucks. Really don't understand the decision. 

Plastic production time limitations. 

41 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

But they're not gonna just slap resin jump packs on this set and call it "Assault Squad Upgrade Set", right? We're still getting proper Assault Squads with more "assault" poses, right? Right?

Honestly that's why I think these are in resin.

The expectation might be that the people who really want full plastic Despoilers will just leave the jump packs off an Assault Marine kit. Whereas if you're somebody with, say, 40 AoD box Marines who really doesn't want to buy the Assault Marine kit, they can buy these resin Despoiler Arms they might not expect to sell thousands of. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

6 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Oh God let it be so. I really want new-scale non-Primaris but can't stand Mk VI plate.

Bonus points if the next kit is breachers. My Iron Hand successors beg for breachers

Expensive resin for not even a full squad, and ugly design again breaking the previously stablished aesthetics (they don't even match the jetbike chainswords). Terrible kit in my opinion.

I wonder if we will ever see a real plastic assault squad or we will get a set of 5 resin jump packs...

Finally having Despoiler upgrades is great but a resin kit with only enough for 5 plus a couple of special weapons is disappointing. But at least we're starting to get some not vehicles!

The confirmation that more plastic infantry is coming is nice at least. The fact they're hinting now could mean a reveal is closer than we expected?