Snikrot (+Ork Boarding Patrol)

Surprising few, but nice to finally see...

Snikrot has three head options – mask off, mask up, or mask down – and you’ll be able to get him first in the upcoming Boarding Patrol: Orks. This box packs in five tooled-up Flash Gitz, 10 Beast Snagga Boyz, and 10 Kommandos – their loyal Distraction Grot and Bomb Squig in tow.

gtYEsd7Dhnr3W6M1.jpg

xQH5cPKMo74magvn.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

As expected but it doesn't beat the original sculpt. The boarding patrol seems all over the place and having zero need it's a pass from me. 

1 minute ago, grailkeeper said:

Looks very like the previous model. Not sure it needed an update.

I'd have taken the previous sculpt just turned into plastic. The "shushing" pose was inspired. New Snikrot doesn't look as stealthy and the arms are arguably in odd positions that make him look like he's flailing around.

Ok, so that was the smoke grenade rumour engine from last week then.

As a model, it's good. I'd like to do a side-by-side with both versions, I do wonder what the size difference will be. I think nostalgia is pushing me to prefer the older model.

I don't understand the boarding party - specifically why are there beast-snaggers in it? They don't exactly seem stealthy or mercenary enough, but I'm guessing that in the real-world perhaps the beast-snaggers aren't a massive hit and they need to put in something?

11 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Ok, so that was the smoke grenade rumour engine from last week then.

As a model, it's good. I'd like to do a side-by-side with both versions, I do wonder what the size difference will be. I think nostalgia is pushing me to prefer the older model.

I don't understand the boarding party - specifically why are there beast-snaggers in it? They don't exactly seem stealthy or mercenary enough, but I'm guessing that in the real-world perhaps the beast-snaggers aren't a massive hit and they need to put in something?

They know the new boyz were a massive flop and they're wanting a core infantry box in there without falling back on a 20 year old sculpt is my guess.

Barring the Kommandos which I already had from Kill Team, this would actually a surprisingly useful combo of units for me despite being pretty all over the place in terms of theme. 

6 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

Did not think about it first but that's dog-tags, lots and lots of dog-tags, that he is using as arm-bling. That's new, for me at least. 

He had the same thing on this current sculpt. And the current sculpt is way better as far as I'm concerned. 

Ork Boss Snikrot | Orks WAAAGH! - 11453719455 - oficjalne archiwum Allegro

It's a cool model overall, but I don't love the pose, it seems a bit lazy. Also those skulls hanging beneath his coin purse don't seem conducive to sneaking around. 

Not feeling the contents of the boarding patrol which means I'll probably never get Snikrot. I have to be very selective about what characters I buy these days now that they cost £20+ a go. 

7 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

Did not think about it first but that's dog-tags, lots and lots of dog-tags, that he is using as arm-bling. That's new, for me at least. 

Yep, nice catch.

One would think it will not be so easy to sneak around with some many dog tags and skulls banging each others and make noises:biggrin:.

Also the smoke grenade is confirmed to be the rumor engine of some weeks ago...

I prefer the current sculpt but the new one is a good base for a conversion or two.

What have me as an Ork player going a bit hopeful is the mention of Nazdreg in the Farsight reveal text. heres hpoing he gets a cool mini in the future. A flashy boss in mega armor would be right propa!

1 hour ago, grailkeeper said:

Looks very like the previous model. Not sure it needed an update.

Looking like the previous one is a good thing, though? Frankly a 1:1 replication would've been fine. The only problem with the current Snikrot is the material you can buy him in.

35 minutes ago, Burni said:

I can use everything in that box. Are those boarding patrols a limited release or meant to be a stock item?

Seems they are a limited run. The CSM one sold out on preorders in most places. I managed to pick up the last reasonably priced one on Amazon by refreshing every 10 minutes this morning. There are still plenty of marine ones floating about but they aren't offering a new model or much of a discount.