Models from Strike Force Agastus - Positives and some real problems. First impression

Been building the brutalis, goodness me it’s painful, nothing QUITE fits together correctly, some parts fit flush then the same part doesn’t at a different point like it’s warped, and the mood lines too, it’s crazy to have such bad mold lines on such a modern kit

9 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Been building the brutalis, goodness me it’s painful, nothing QUITE fits together correctly, some parts fit flush then the same part doesn’t at a different point like it’s warped, and the mood lines too, it’s crazy to have such bad mold lines on such a modern kit

Wow, I really hoped that my experience wouldn't be this common.

I still can't bring myself to paint the thing. I know it could look OK once sprayed and painted but I still have the experience of building it burned into my mind.

Is it obvious based on the sprue if yours is miscast or not? I’m looking at mine on the sprue and nothing odd stands out. Don’t/won’t have time to build it for a little while.

5 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Is it obvious based on the sprue if yours is miscast or not? I’m looking at mine on the sprue and nothing odd stands out. Don’t/won’t have time to build it for a little while.

For me.

It's obvious they were taken out before the sprues could fully cure.

There's a bunch of tension marks on my sprues.

Bent/warped bits.

Deformed joints that you need to shave

You see the "lines" on theleft arm?

Those aren't mold lines.

Those are tension lines and are deformed.

You can tell which ones are mold lines, which ones are tension.

I have tons of tension lines

PXL_20230403_005655434.jpg

Edited by Triszin

6 hours ago, Triszin said:

Those aren't mold lines.

Thank you and OH MY GODS that is cool!

I got my Agastus set for quite cheap, and hadn’t looked too close at the contents yet. After reading this thread I was sure I got screwed by someone who knew about this problem, as there was no shrink wrap on the box.

However, I seem to have lucked out and got a normal sprue. Maybe customs opened ‘er up, as I ordered it from the UK. Who knows. Definitely doesn’t look like that, though.

Edited by Khornestar

On 4/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, Triszin said:

Those aren't mold lines.

I'm stealing this idea and including the new Tyranid models in my plans here. This is just pure awesome.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:15 AM, Captain Idaho said:

The size isn't the issue. It's how they're holding the absurdly large weapons.

The weapon on the right is proportionally even larger...so the different ways of holding are acceptable (to me)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have a dodgy one. The tension lines that look like mold lines but actually aren't seem to be the give away.

The arms do not fit as intended. I am going to have to shave them down and probably glue them in a fixed position. Nothing I can't handle but I really shouldn't have to. Definitely quality control issues with this model.

I am half-tempted to ask GW for a replacement but I bought it from a splitter on eBay so I don't know where that leaves me on the replacement front.

I ended up glueing the arms into place also. It ended up being an issue for the storage foam I had planned to use on the model but it couldn't be helped. I was short on patience by the time I got to the arms so I gave up on doing any more trimming or fitting lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Eilio Tiberius said:

The desolator kit needs more "open" hatch bits for the kraken missile launchers.

Funny, here I was thinking they need more closed ones. Matching my marines facing with the facing of the top gadget.. Wanted to model my marines so that only forward facing ones have open hatches