10th Ed Tyranids releases Rumours

Xenith

The Carnifex kit is about a decade old now, or even older (2010?) they have definitely replaced newer kits than that before. Dima would be the low hanging fruit to turn to plastic, and would be great to see. 

Carnifex is nearly 20 years old, frommthe 4th edition codex circa 2005. Released at the same time as the current genestealer kit, the only Tyranids still in production that predate it are the hormagaunts and termagants from 3rd edition.

We know termagants are being replaced, I really hope hormagaunts and genestealers see an update too, though to be honest I wouldn't be upset if the Carnifex hangs around for a bit longer, it's aged surprisingly well.

• 3 weeks later...

Tbf none of that would suprise me. What old armourcast things dont have models as that seems to be the pool nids have drawn from. 

Also was there any source that mentioned deathleaper? I was fearing it was going way of the red terror til it was revealed. Deff will be new lictors and it does give a hint at their direction. Leaving vores just(90%sure both getting plasticated...) 

Which does leave giant plastic kit gap so this rumour works for me... diamacheron is just a giant lictor right...)

was thinking many of the more recent nids were old armour cast models so thought may be relavent to check out what else we are missing that was theirs...

https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Resin_Vehicles_%26_Titans

anyone anymore info on the following;

Tyranid Dactylis

Tyranid Malefactor- Is this the malceptor?

any others?

4 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

Some rumours going around of pics from the rulebook... nornqueen/norn emmisary?

Screenshot_20230624_112228_Facebook.jpg

That looks more like an artistic depiction of the Tyranids, and an evolution of a piece of art shared by GW that was the cover in the special edition of the Great Devourer omnibus.

Very cool.

Edited by Jscarlos18

• 2 months later...

My main thought is annoyance…yes annoyance rather than actual mere disappointment that the Pyrovore and Biovore are so incredibly similar.  The only visual difference between them is a bit on the two guns.

Maybe if GW had spent less time inventing unnecessary new units they could have spent a bit more time on that instead. 

30 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

My main thought is annoyance…yes annoyance rather than actual mere disappointment that the Pyrovore and Biovore are so incredibly similar.  The only visual difference between them is a bit on the two guns.

Maybe if GW had spent less time inventing unnecessary new units they could have spent a bit more time on that instead. 

I don't know, I quite like the new guys, all the nids need now is something Knight class in plastic (since the Emissary is our centre piece now)