Warhammer Preview - AdeptiCon 2023

It'll be interesting to see what the Horus Heresy reveal is. They've basically run out of Rhino & Spartan variants, so tanks wise it's just Sicaran variants and the Fellblades, and I guess Sabres? Could be something completely different though - Forces of the Ruinstorm/Mortal Traitors perhaps? Or the Deredo to finish off the Dreadnought variants?

40k will most likely be the Lion, the last AoO book and the last round of boarding patrols - plus maybe a final, end of edition surprise? Not expecting anything concrete on 10th Edition until WarhammerFest though. 

And the Kill Team reveal will presumably be the final Gallowdark box - can't remember what the rumourmill suggested that was likely to be (if it indeed has at all?!)

40K will hopefully be 10th announcement  - how much detail comes with that I'm not sure though.

Killteam likely to be Gallowfall (that's what the last one of this series is called right?).

Heresy could be interesting. Infantry? Assault squads at last? I'm holding out some hope for some SoS & Custodes stuff that's in the book but doesn't exist anywhere yet.

40k is probably The Lion and announcement of the fifth/final Arks of Omen book.

I doubt they'll announce 10th until WarhammerFest, since they'll want all the hype to be around Johnny. Might be they tease the starter set contents at most?

Kill Team will obviously be Gallowfall. I'm currently guessing it's a Fallen team but that is 100% guesswork on the assumption the pun-names continue from Soulshackle. Intercession upgrade sprue vs Fallen? MK3 Fallen upgrades vs Something? Chaos hasn't had a new team this season, so they'll almost certainly be one half of it regardless.

30k is anyone's guess. No other tanks have vanished off the webstore as of this post, but sometimes they don't (Cerberus didn't before it's announcement). Could be we see a Liber which contains Militia/Ruinstorm/Traitor Agent rules, or some other kind of sourcebook (ALA Titanicus').

They said plastic infantry is coming in the Despoiler upgrade article, but that might have just been to calm people's anger around the lack of them and it's still a ways off yet. I think any new boxset (with MK2 for instance) would probably be saved for WarhammerFest just because it'd have been close to a year since 2nd edition at that point.

49 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

And the Kill Team reveal will presumably be the final Gallowdark box - can't remember what the rumourmill suggested that was likely to be (if it indeed has at all?!)

There was a rumour doing the rounds that there would be a box called 'Ashes of Faith' containing the Dark Commune, but that would presumably be a Season 3 box and not the first one either (since those usually contain full, new teams rather than upgrades). 

Edited by Lord Marshal

In order for all the basic Rites of War to be viable for newcomers, 30k needs plastic Storm Eagles, recon squad upgrades and termites as a priority, and plastic land speeders and seeker upgrades if they are being nice. I don't know enough about the robots to know if the 40k AdMech line will serve as proxies or not, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing plastic robots for 30k anytime soon.  

Plastic assault squad, javelin and outriders would be very good too as a more general addition, as would generic plastic consuls.

Considering the Traitor Assassin that was revealed a few weeks back, and that it is due for release but has no written rules, I don't think revealing the next Heresy Liber is that wild a suggestion. Makes sense for a big event like Adepticon and is sort of the only logical explanation as to why the promised Deamons and Militia PDF rules have never dropped.

I'm expecting this week's Heresy Thursday to be the next batch of Contemptors. The first ones will be up for pre-order in a few days, and the last Heresy Thursday article subtly mentioned 'reveals' plural for this week. 

Quietly confident, tbh.

14 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

While I hope it is the Mk II and MK IV announcement which are coming I would kill for some Assault marines even if they are Mk VI.

As much as I'm not a fan of lots of MkVI just being able to get hold of a bunch of plastic arms set up for Pistols and Close Combat weapons would be grand.

I do keep looking at the generic SW pack kit and there are usable bits there but I prefer my imagery far toned down, one box across numerous squads.

Assumed probable:

Heresy - sicaran variant/ fellblade chassis stuff. Resin jump pack set of 3 jump packs per pack... [sorry]

40k - Teaser trailer, the left toe of the Lion

Wild wishlist:

Heresy - Plastic breachers or assault marines. One of the 2 would be a start.

40k - a terminator or a nid - drip feeding mini reveal

Honestly unsure why there's lines through my text?

Edited by 01RTB01
random lines through my text

My predictions:

40k - The Lion 

Kill Team - Gallowfall (I reckon the Votann rumour engine images relate to them getting a Kill Team, which will be in this) 

Heresy - another tank :rolleyes:

My over-optimistic wish list:

Plastic Assault Squad and Plastic Breacher Upgrades for Heresy. Please, GW, please!?! 

4 hours ago, Jscarlos18 said:

4am in the morning for me so there goes my opportunity to watch it live. With the rumours going around, my bet is in Dante, Lion and tease of 10th edition. Hopefully they reveal some tyranids too.

No great loss unless you like having your time filled by pointless waffling and lots of "err"ing. The WHC articles afterwards do a much  better job of given a precise reveal that concentrates on the important parts.

38 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

No great loss unless you like having your time filled by pointless waffling and lots of "err"ing. The WHC articles afterwards do a much  better job of given a precise reveal that concentrates on the important parts.

Indeed. Once i got up at midnight to watch this kind of previews...and no more. Maybe I'm getting old for such "after-hours" events or just I like too much sleep but, at least for me, is worthless.

Any of you have a bingo of those previews? I'm curious... In my case, apart W40K's 10 ed and some new character miniatures and plastic units/sets for Horus Heresy I don't expect anything special. No previews for Necromunda. Arf, so sad... :(

Edited by AGRAMAR

1 hour ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

What do you guys think is a bigger announcement, 10th ed or the lion?

For me, the Lion.

We all know 10th is coming eventually, it's the number after 9th. If the Lion is actually confirmed rather than rumour that's massive.

1 hour ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

What do you guys think is a bigger announcement, 10th ed or the lion?

Copout - both. The fluff and the updates to the system will determine whether or not I continue with 40k. The fluff for 9th has been forgettable.