Warhammer Preview - AdeptiCon 2023

44 minutes ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

Soooooo, who thinks that whoever is charge of the reveals and creating content for the reveals is in a mad panic after the Dante leak.

Depends of their schedule. If they planned for 10th edition announcment to be in WH fest they could fill the time of Dante's reveal at adepticon with them talking about the other models, otherwise give the possible rumoured cinematic and try to leave the fans speculating what it could mean.

Edited by Jscarlos18

28 minutes ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

Soooooo, who thinks that whoever is charge of the reveals and creating content for the reveals for next week is in a mad panic after the Dante leak?

Who is to say it was even meant to be an Adepticon reveal? It could be one for Warhammer Fest or even one to keep momentum up into 10th.  If the leak had been next week it would have been easy to spot a rushed hole filling bit of fluff in the preview but as it is they have time to adapt their marketing strategy to paper over any gaps so we will likely never know.

To be honest they could just bring something in that was scheduled for a regular Monday/WarCom reveal to fill the gap.

As long as its from one of the game systems shown on the preview poster, we likely wouldn't realise. 

I kind of hope for GW sake that Dante wasn't meant to be revealed at Adepticon - I really hate when things leak early just before a reveal show.

With them repeatedly talking "Huge" (I know, the hype train) and the recent talk about Epic I can't help but wonder if that's one of the announcements.

I doubt it'd be for Adepticon as I imagine that would likely be better to reveal at a GW specific event but I'm certainly curious.

16 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

Given the map, and the sneaky Tyranid logo, which I outlined and posted yesterday (see below pic) - I think we might see a CGI trailer for the next edition of 40K.

Then again,  they might consider a reveal of the Lion to be 'huge'

The 9th edition teaser and animated trailer where 2 weeks apart so would be the same for 10th if they show it at Adepticon but since the Lion basically has to be shown here and Dante was also probably meant for Adepticon I don't know if that wouldn't have been a bit much? After all there is still AoS/Underworlds/HH/KillTeam so if they actually had all of this planned and the other 4 system don't just get a tiny teaser it would actually match GWs exaggerated marketing for once

Edited by Matrindur

17 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

Given the map, and the sneaky Tyranid logo, which I outlined and posted yesterday (see below pic) - I think we might see a CGI trailer for the next edition of 40K.

Considering the multiple teases for Nids (and Termies), I think we'll get at least a glimpse at the contents of the starter, much like the existence of the Death Guard was revealed at Adepticon without any mention of 8th Edition until a couple months later.

Given that the numbered teaser images for the Las Vega Open were really spot on with what was revealed I definitely think we'll see something 10th related, either a teaser trailer or the full trailer. I imagine that if the Lion is there he'll big the BIG model reveal for the show maybe with some smaller things accompanying it. After that we'll get the teaser. I'm not expecting to see pictures of new Termie and Nid models but depending on what the trailer is like we might get a very good idea of what they look like. This is all just gut feeling though.

8 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

I don't think he's referring to anything GW related there.

Best Hobby Games

@BestHobbyGames

Making a new sci-fi miniature battle game in 2023. Actively recruiting playtesters. Public demos at Adepticon '23.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they still have a slot for Dante, as if he wasn’t accidentally shipped to someone and then revealed to the world. The opportunity to talk about the old soldier in more detail, design process etc. wouldn’t be a waste, though far less exciting than something unseen.

Edited by Khornestar

On 3/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, Cyrox said:

tyranids1.thumb.jpg.c79d15cc9eb8a3e48f52256a2febef7e.jpg

THATS A TYRANID THAT IS - SWEAR DOWN!!

IDST 2K2

It's from the Arks of Omen: Vashtorr book. There's a larger print of it spanning two pages there, with it depicting Be'lakor fighting Vashtorr over the Rock.

I wouldn't take it as meaning Soul Grinders will be updated soon, although I wouldn't be surprised given its age, but that'd be incidental. It very well could happen though.

It is a pretty awesome piece of art, if you or a friend has the book I certainly recommend checking it out.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

5 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Epic is Horus Heresy, mate :smile:

Yeah it's easier to make as you can have mirrored forces.

Epic 40k would have a lot of factions that are more distinctive. Even the Chaos Titans would be mutated.

Fun fact: The Horus Heresy was created to give justification for the same forces fighting in epic.