Upcoming Heresy campaign book ( Valrak and Andy Hoare on Warcom)

Dont see a thread on this yet but the warcom article for Monday has Andy Hoare mentioming that:

But this is just the beginning. The Horus Heresy team has been extremely busy writing, playtesting, illustrating, and laying out the next wave of supplements

I was positively surprised that finally, a word is mentioned about upcoming campaign books/supplements for the Heresy.

Then even more surprised when Valrak's video stated that he has heard a HH campaign book, very likely set on Chtonia, is close to being announced on Adepticon.

Which btw seems to track back to the Old Faeit rumors from 2 years ago which also mentioned Imperial Fists vs Sons of Horus.

Exciting stuff.

36 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Dont see a thread on this yet but the warcom article for Monday has Andy Hoare mentioming that:

I was positively surprised that finally, a word is mentioned about upcoming campaign books/supplements for the Heresy.

Then even more surprised when Valrak's video stated that he has heard a HH campaign book, very likely set on Chtonia, is close to being announced on Adepticon.

Which btw seems to track back to the Old Faeit rumors from 2 years ago which also mentioned Imperial Fists vs Sons of Horus.

Exciting stuff.

I would love it to the campaign book but sitting back now and thinking, it's probably the Daemon book thing :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Exciting stuff.

Campaign books would be super exciting. Hopefully more Black Books than Physic Awakening though...... 

9 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

Campaign books would be super exciting. Hopefully more Black Books than Physic Awakening though...... 

The Titanicus supplements are genuinely really good. Inevitably much, much slimmer than the Black Books, however I can't see them ever returning to one book every year (or longer) costing £80 anymore. 

49 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Iirc the Faeit rumours claimed the AoD boxset would be Beta-Gamon and there would be multiple 40k/AoS-esq starter sets, which obviously never panned out. It was also where the $300 price rumour started. I don't think anybody spoke about or guessed Siege of Cthonia until the playtest documents leaked early last year and all the graphic plates referenced it. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

14 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

I would love it to the campaign book but sitting back now and thinking, it's probably the Daemon book thing :thumbsup:

There's not gonna be a daemon book though, that army list will be released as a pdf.

So the campaign book about Chtonia you were told about ( which tracks with the older rumors) must be real, I think.

8 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

The Titanicus supplements are genuinely really good. Inevitably much, much slimmer than the Black Books, however I can't see them ever returning to one book every year (or longer) costing £80 anymore. 

Iirc the Faeit rumours claimed the AoD boxset would be Beta-Gamon and there would be multiple 40k/AoS-esq starter sets, which obviously never panned out. It was also where the $300 price rumour started. I don't think anybody spoke about or guessed Siege of Cthonia until the playtest documents leaked early last year and all the graphic plates referenced it. 

I dug up those old Faeit rumors.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2022/04/horus-heresy-rumors-how-they-will-be.html ( March 2022)

I have some information again, but this time it seems a lot like the last one.

HH will get yearly main releases with two featured Legions focused on (which doesn't mean other legions do not play a role - See SoH and IF, also WS, BA, EC and WE).

Every main release will have a box set and a warzone/campaign book. With every main release, the focus will rotate to other Legions and another campaign or operation.

Within those months we get regulary releases like for the two other main games but also specific stuff for those Legions.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/11/rumors-massive-detailed-rumor-set-of.html (2021)

Age of Darkness Horus Heresy Compendium
"Codex-like" Book for the Age of Darkness
- Over 200 Sites
- Summary for most of the FW Rules Content after the old Books will get 
replaced by new Warzone Books
- Rules for all 18 Space Marine Legions
- Mechanicus
- Imperial Army and Auxilia

White Dwarf Team will grow for more HH featuring content

Black Books:
First "Warzone" Book
- Featuring the Legions of Imperial Fists and Blood Angels for loyalists 
and SoH and World Eaters for traitors, also Imperial Army

- Includes content before the Traitors entered the sol system

He was not far off here was he, back in 2021.

Natfka/Faiet are a "print everything and anything" situation, to the point that one can look at it as deliberate misinformation - virtually everything that they posted in the run-up to 2E has been thoroughly debunked that wasn't outright lifted from other people, including a frater that was active in the Age of Darkness sub-forum here.

I wouldn't put any stock in them consequently.

Something I was told by a playtester prior to the drop of the new edition 

- Supplements and campaign books would add in generic units / Options.

-Alternative army lists would be present, the example I was given was an armoured company where units would swap Force Org charts positions, be pointed differently and have limited unit options.

-Featured faction specific rows would further enhance the alternative army lists. For example a Sons of horus tank company in a book featuring Soh and the armoured army list

- New faction specific rows were to push legions into playstyles they might not use normally. For example, close combat iron warriors or shoots blood angels

4 hours ago, Xenith said:

We know one supplement will be ZM, and the other will be for Apoc/multiplayer battles - WD has said as much. 

Oh so they do intend to do ZM properly at some point beyond the damp parp we already got? That's good to hear, 1.5k ZM is the best way to 30K IMO. Now if only someone in head office would see the wisdom of updating & expanding Tactical Strike/Victory is Vengeance...

7 hours ago, bushman101 said:

If the supplement has a bit of something for everyone (new RoWs, Consul options, etc), I'll  be happy

I know several serious 30k players who have a hobby of making any and all types of Consuls through neat conversions, even if they have no intent to use that type of consul. This will be welcome!

5 hours ago, Mr Farson said:

Something I was told by a playtester prior to the drop of the new edition 

- Supplements and campaign books would add in generic units / Options.

-Alternative army lists would be present, the example I was given was an armoured company where units would swap Force Org charts positions, be pointed differently and have limited unit options.

-Featured faction specific rows would further enhance the alternative army lists. For example a Sons of horus tank company in a book featuring Soh and the armoured army list

- New faction specific rows were to push legions into playstyles they might not use normally. For example, close combat iron warriors or shoots blood angels

Maybe Hussar bikers will make a return (along with plastic outrider kit maybe?)

1 hour ago, Hungry Nostraman Lizard said:

I know several serious 30k players who have a hobby of making any and all types of Consuls through neat conversions, even if they have no intent to use that type of consul. This will be welcome!

Hehe, ive made about 50 consuls (and while about half predate official models) id be surprised if many were more than 50% the intended model :D The only ones that spring to mind are my blood angel chaplains and both had arm and head swaps.

15 hours ago, Joe said:

Natfka/Faiet are a "print everything and anything" situation, to the point that one can look at it as deliberate misinformation - virtually everything that they posted in the run-up to 2E has been thoroughly debunked that wasn't outright lifted from other people, including a frater that was active in the Age of Darkness sub-forum here.

I wouldn't put any stock in them consequently.

Well I dont want to defend Natfka as a whole. I just think that there was something to what this particular rumor monger sent them , long before the release of the new edition, he obviously knew something even if some things were changed afterwards ( and indeed some stuff was outright wrong). 

Stands to reason there is also a chance his comments about the first Warzone/supplement book being about SoH vs IF will be correct as well.

10 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

Oh so they do intend to do ZM properly at some point beyond the damp parp we already got? That's good to hear,

Yea, they said as much in the WD ZM get-you-by rules, and I recall they said the same when they gave the rules for the multiplayer apoc game they showcased - some basic rules to use until the actual supplement came out.