New Warhammer 40,000 Website - Coming March 23rd

27 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

I remember spotting the Death Guard drone in a handful of pixels from a tabletop photo back when the website for 8th went online. T'was my finest moment.

man it was so much watching everyone speculate and reveal the secrets on this. i knew about 9th before way in advance. toughest secret i ever had to keep, and was watching everyone puzzle over the leaks with the biggest smile on my face. i was working for a GW licence partner at the time (if you know me you know which one), they made individual employees sign NDAs to even look at it. the preview rules/lore were still early enough that they were calling the Captain's gravis armour was being called 'agressor armour.'

alas i am now a mortal pleb speculating feverishly like the rest of you.

Edited by Wispy

Hmm- I have to admit that I've never gone to any of the specific games' pages. All I ever go to is the webstore and warcom- never had the need to go to say, the 40k site because I've been in the game/universe so long that any additional lore I'll get from novels/codices rather than the intro stuff from a website. 

I agree with most of the others, looks like a 10th ed reveal for Adepticon. 

I’m not sure they are going to do a big reveal though - it will probably be a teasiest of teases.  I’d love to be wrong, and they go full Monty on the reveals, but it seems like something they’d play out a lot longer given that the actual release for 10th wouldn’t be until June/July time frame.

1 hour ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I’m not sure they are going to do a big reveal though - it will probably be a teasiest of teases.  I’d love to be wrong, and they go full Monty on the reveals, but it seems like something they’d play out a lot longer given that the actual release for 10th wouldn’t be until June/July time frame.

They did this for 8th ed iirc so it's not out of the possibility that they show solid stuff for 10th Ed and then later they start showing new mechanics when they announce the re,ease date. The fact they made a website means this is bigger than new miniatures and its not space Hulk or related to the Lion, so new edition is what's more likely.

I'm  not as excited for new edition bur I'm freaking hyped to see new Terminators.

Glad now that I've been working on my dex collection for my forever edition. Picked up Guard in Feb and GK in March. The later completed my 9th ed Chambers Militant collection.

All that remains is Ksons and SoS (oh, uh.... I mean Custodes).

I'm debating on Orks too. I've never been the hugest Ork fan, but I have the KT Kommandos, and I absolutely love the Mega-armoured boss with the grot gunner on his back. It's better to have the book and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'll never have a full army of Orks, but I like enough of the range that I could probably land somewhere between 25-50PL.

Three books before June 10 should be doable. Five would have been a real challenge. Go team me for getting ahead of the curve.

I haven't finished my March painting project(s) yet, but I am confident I'll get two Drukhari bat-reps done before the edition and ends and nobody cares anymore. 

Edited by ThePenitentOne

1 hour ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Glad now that I've been working on my dex collection for my forever edition. Picked up Guard in Feb and GK in March. The later completed my 9th ed Chambers Militant collection.

I'm debating on Orks too. I've never been the hugest Ork fan, but I have the KT Kommandos, and I absolutely love the Mega-armoured boss with the grot gunner on his back. It's better to have the book and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'll never have a full army of Orks, but I like enough of the range that I could probably land somewhere between 25-50PL.

Three books before June 10 should be doable. Five would have been a real challenge. Go team me for getting ahead of the curve.

I haven't finished my March painting project(s) yet, but I am confident I'll get two Drukhari bat-reps done before the edition and ends and nobody cares anymore. 

You think they are going to dump Crusade? Or are they just going to put you on the same treadmill everyone else has been on for the last 20 years. :D

3 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I’m sure you’ll be able to get 9th Ed codex’s 2nd hand in a year or so cheaper as people get their new 10th Ed ones. I picked up the older IK ones that way for the lore. 

Correct me if wrong, but the current 40k website, like the websites for the other games GW produce, is basically a marketing tool isn’t it? It’s basically got a blurb about fun action packed games in the grim darkness of the war town 41st millennium, photos of nicely painted miniatures along with a quick blurb about fluff of the faction each is from and the a link to video tutorials of how to paint the minis and how to play the game? Unless they add interactive features like a rules index or Army builder to the new website, which the app does quite poorly I’ve heard, I fail to see the relevance of this to veteran gamers beyond a resource for sharing with friends who are curious about 40k. Of course it may very well be that it’s intended for new hobbyists instead of veterans. I don’t think myself a cynic, but I’m not really excited by this, at least not nearly as much as the actual rules and models that are set to accompany the rumoured edition update.

47 minutes ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

Correct me if wrong, but the current 40k website, like the websites for the other games GW produce, is basically a marketing tool isn’t it? It’s basically got a blurb about fun action packed games in the grim darkness of the war town 41st millennium, photos of nicely painted miniatures along with a quick blurb about fluff of the faction each is from and the a link to video tutorials of how to paint the minis and how to play the game? Unless they add interactive features like a rules index or Army builder to the new website, which the app does quite poorly I’ve heard, I fail to see the relevance of this to veteran gamers beyond a resource for sharing with friends who are curious about 40k. Of course it may very well be that it’s intended for new hobbyists instead of veterans. I don’t think myself a cynic, but I’m not really excited by this, at least not nearly as much as the actual rules and models that are set to accompany the rumoured edition update.

Just a marketing tool. Dont think a lot of people actually use it.

It just only usually updated once a new edition gets revealed. Thats the reason people are hyped :)

It's definitely bleeding over into other segments of the community; I know a few people who no longer play Warhammer 40,000 who are genuinely excited at the prospect of new Terminators and a Tyranid range update.

In 30 years of being into 40k, I've never been a Nids player or shown any interest in them.

I have to say though, this has me hyped much more than Indomitus - I really want to get back to regular gaming and while I cannot wait to see Terminators and more Marine goodies, I'm actually excited to see new Tyranid stuff too. I think a part of that is the advent of Contrast paints and how it might help with painting Nids.

7 hours ago, Scribe said:

You think they are going to dump Crusade? Or are they just going to put you on the same treadmill everyone else has been on for the last 20 years. :D

I think they'll blow up everything we have and replace it with something more like AoS Paths to Glory. It'll be generic during Index Hammer, but every Codex will give it minor bespoke updates- enough to break the generic feel, but nothing like what we've seen with Crusade.

I think most people will like it better- it will be simpler, and it will continue to make great use of the generic content even when the bespoke content is released.

I, on the other hand, expect to find it woefully inadequate to satisfy my campaign/ world building needs.