The Lion!

Lovely model.

I haven't bought any 40k in years having gone back to my first love of Epic (well, Titanicus). But I think I will pick this up.

Karhedron, glad it's not just me who thought he looked like Charles Dance. :D

8 hours ago, exsulis81 said:

It's interesting that the link to the article on the community page refers to him as the "The Knight of Nihilus unleashed"

Dante is the Regent of Imperium Nihilus and from the interview video it and text it seems like the Lion is back to doing what he did post-Imperium Secondus, going around and wrecking Traitor/Chaos fleets, supply lines, and fortress worlds. I think this is supported by the baton, held by a Watcher, which would indicate that the Lion is the Field-Marshal of Imperium Nihilus.

3 hours ago, jaxom said:

which would indicate that the Lion is the Field-Marshal of Imperium Nihilus.

True, but that seems a bit weird. I think (and I say this as a BA fan) he would have far more natural ability to be a regent than Dante. 

Well wait… It may make sense because that would essentially make him warmaster, which is something he wanted. 

9 hours ago, Arkangilos said:

True, but that seems a bit weird. I think (and I say this as a BA fan) he would have far more natural ability to be a regent than Dante. 

Well wait… It may make sense because that would essentially make him warmaster, which is something he wanted. 

The Lion was never noted as being a particularly good Leader of Men. On Caliban, he had Luther to be the Face.

My first ever army were Dark Angels. I loved the lore in Codex Angels of Death about the Lion being alseep deep in the Rock. 

My first ever named character I purchased was Azrael.

My username is inspired by some fluff I came up with for a secret Wing of Dark Angels dedicated to hunting the fallen as solo agents for the Inquisitor game. 

I have waited for this for a very long time! 

Edited by Wraithwing

Ok so....after a heated debate with my buddy, we made a bet.

I bet $10 that Lion would have the same Primarch aura buff that RG has , ie, this:

No description available.

But none of the other aura buffs he has that affect either his chapter or imperium at large.

His argument was that, Lion being a "beatstick" and RG being the "master commander", that Lion would not have the Primarch Aura buff.  My argument was that it's everything else that RG gets, ie, this stuff, circled in green....

No description available.

...is what makes him (RG) the "master commander" of the Imperium. 

My interpretation is that the Primarch Aura is very clearly a gift that any Loyalist Primarch will get by virtue of being a Primarch, and having that gift bestowed upon them by the Emperor as one of his direct sons.

What do you guys think?

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

He’ll absolutely get a Primarch aura for Dark Angels and Successors, especially considering the traitors get theirs, it’s a total given. Being a beat stick does not preclude a Primarch from also giving legion specific buffs.

The real question will be if he’ll have his other rules dedicated to combat, if you can maybe field fallen with him and get the Primarch buffs (since the novel hints that he’ll call upon some of the fallen to help him) and what form those rules will take. I don’t see him getting anything like RG’s Imperium wide command buffs/auras since Lion’s focus seems to be as an avenging Knight, so outside of his legion buff I think he’ll be mostly tailored to damage dealing and hot/wound rerolls.