The Lion!

2 hours ago, Sea Creature said:

With landspeeders going away to Legends land I’m hoping Sammael will get to pilot one of the Primaris speeders… not sure which one is best. Basically same for the Talonmaster as well.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high for that. If GW doesn't start selling a model for Sammael in Primaris speeder he will probably stay on his hoverbike.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:21 AM, phandaal said:

With Outriders, I have never once felt like they were a threat when facing them across the table. Their profile is just not good. Really surprised they never got significant changes in 9th edition, but maybe we will see them become more relevant in 10th.

Whenever I want that speedy bike melee, I am more likely to use a cheap Ravenwing Champion. Great for fouling up your opponent's plans.

The problem with Outriders is the same as the problem with Eliminators, and Suppressors etc.  3 and only 3.  I have a problem with that on many levels... 100 does not divide by 3 is one - but 3 is just usually too many for a distraction carnifex, but not enough to make impact. 

9 hours ago, Sea Creature said:

With landspeeders going away to Legends land I’m hoping Sammael will get to pilot one of the Primaris speeders… not sure which one is best. Basically same for the Talonmaster as well.

Landspeeders are going away?  Where was this?

54 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

The problem with Outriders is the same as the problem with Eliminators, and Suppressors etc.  3 and only 3.  I have a problem with that on many levels... 100 does not divide by 3 is one - but 3 is just usually too many for a distraction carnifex, but not enough to make impact. 

LORE: A Ravenwing squad is 6 Bikes, 1 Attack bike, 1 Speeder for 10 men. SO, 6 Outriders, 1 ATV, 1 Speeder gives us squads of 10.

GAME: Hopefully 10th will see some revisions to squad sizes.

2 hours ago, Tacitus said:

Landspeeders are going away?  Where was this?

Valrak had a source that claims it to be a thing that will happen (along with boxnauts going to Legends as well) and predicted other stuff for 10th so could be right, or could be a troll with a lucky guess.

So, for those frater who got Lion, how will you be painting him?

Me, I'm blending Cult of Paint's scheme with the one from Max Faleij

MSBQY4OBqNgWpU0i.jpg

By that I mean: I've done the steps from Cult of Paint's black-green, will be furthering the effect with the one from Max.

Though, apparently my airbrush skills aren't as tight as CoP's, as mine is a bit more green than the marine in that video.

Edited by Gederas

I intend on doing mine in Dark Angels contrast with Moot Green highlights to match my current DA, and then darkening the flats of the panels Black Contrast, or maybe a 50/50 DA Green/Black mix. I also intend on painting the Lion's Guard armour to match The Lion rather than the Deathwing's Bone.

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I am almost tempted to paint the BGVs in original Legion black to represent Redeemed who have crossed the Rubicon.

I'm planning to set them to the side for a few months and make the decision after we see the next Codex/Supplement/whatever.

That's also what I'm currently leaning towards however. I have all the decals and everything I could ever want from playing 30k Dark Angels.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

11 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

I intend on doing mine in Dark Angels contrast with Moot Green highlights to match my current DA, and then darkening the flats of the panels Black Contrast, or maybe a 50/50 DA Green/Black mix. I also intend on painting the Lion's Guard armour to match The Lion rather than the Deathwing's Bone.

That sounds like a really good idea, stealing it.

I’m tempted to paint the Lion’s Guard in several different successor schemes, to reflect them being drawn from across the Unforgiven.

8 minutes ago, KiltedMarine said:

I’m tempted to paint the Lion’s Guard in several different successor schemes, to reflect them being drawn from across the Unforgiven.

Maybe like a pseudo Deathwatch thing, where they have the Dark Angel symbol on their left, but on the right the have their original chapter badge and colours?

There's one thing I'd like to know from the brothers who were lucky enough to get the kit.

Have the Watchers in the Dark crossed the Rubicon?

How big are they compared to the one in the Deathwing kit?

7 hours ago, Allart01 said:

There's one thing I'd like to know from the brothers who were lucky enough to get the kit.

I don't have that kit, but I got Azrael from that boxset and the watcher is the same size as before. I imagine the Watchers with the Lion are the same size as that one.

10 hours ago, Allart01 said:

How could a non-Marine cross the Rubicon? :P

They're the same height as every other Watcher model

14 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Maybe like a pseudo Deathwatch thing, where they have the Dark Angel symbol on their left, but on the right the have their original chapter badge and colours?

I hadn't thought of that, but now it's how I plan to do it!

14 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

That was actually my original plan for my "First Legion Reborn" project. 30k Scheme, left pad being the 30k DA colours, right pad being the original chapter (Dark Angels would obviously not have the right pad like this)