10th Edition Index Improvements.

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Wouldnt hold up too much hope for any loadout change on the outriders before a multipart kit though. As long as it is monobuild itll have access to only what it comes with

But thats why I mentioned the Intercessor Sgt, he has no weapon options in his kit but now you can give him a thunder hammer, so theres a precedent for a unit to get options out of the box.

5 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

But he is in a multipart kit. The outriders are not. They are not designed to take different arms than the exact pairs they come with. Thats a huge difference for this purpose. 

I agree; I think their fate is sealed. Higher model count is dubious as well, since one is already modeled as the sarge. Such a shame, that kit.

Has there been a similar situation where they boxed an ETB kit from a starter set, but then replaced it with a full kit later on?

18 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Wouldnt hold up too much hope for any loadout change on the outriders before a multipart kit though. As long as it is monobuild itll have access to only what it comes with

Maybe the updated melee weapon bits would be included in a new White Scar(or in 10th style names, e.g. Wind hunter task force) upgrade kits.

Could be, but I would still assume they'd be included in the codex. But changed... like swapping out OoM mentions for whatever specific rules would be coming. Im predicting there being very little in the way of BT specifics in the index that we're getting day 1 of 10th hitting.

Index will make everything functional but probably not overly flavorful.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just the fact they have finally sorted out the primaris mess around transports has actually rekindled my interest in the game. I've skipped the entirety of 9th edition (mainly been playing Necromunda and purging with my Cawdor) but am looking forward to 10th and filling my LRC and Stormraven/drop pods with the nice new primaris Templars. First time I've been hyped about 40K in a loooong time!