How does loss of FOC effect your plans?

Sometimes. I guess one concern is that maybe different detachment rules will give different battlines. Example: Cadian would give cadian squads, infantry squads and possibly karskin, while krieg and catachan squads don’t get it. This is further assuming they keep the the distinction between the 4 types of squads like they have now, of course. 

i'd love to see an elite guard detachment. 6 units of kasrkin. sign me up! 

otherwise the relaxed army building will let me use (and deploy seperate sections of the board) 3 LR and some artillery/mortars and my 3 scout sents with 2x5 RR. it won't work in AoO because of detachment restricitons. makes my deployment a bit easier

On 3/29/2023 at 5:46 AM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

They said 6 of a single battleline unit (or something like that) and then rule of 3 for everything else.

so far that’s all we know, so theoretically you could still run 300(ish) guard infantry without any problem if I’m understanding it correctly.

6 CST squads

6 infantry squads

6 DKOK squads

6 Catachan squads

240 infantry.

command squad 245 infantry.

3 Kasrkin squads

3 scion squads

305 infantry models on the board assuming points allow.

The last info from geedubs was telling about detacments (basically formations of the past), that will come instead of regiments.  

"Instead of choosing a subfaction or constructing your own, you now choose a single set of Detachment rules for your whole army. These include special abilities, Enhancements, Stratagems, and unit restrictions... Detachment choice will very rarely be tied to an army colour scheme. So while Ultramarines might be the theoretical and practical masters of the Gladius Task Force, other Chapters can use it too – and the same will be true of many other detachments as they are added into the game. This also means that you can try multiple Detachments with a single army. You are not going to be locked into a single Detachment just because you painted your army blue, or red, or yellow. " 

SO this variety of 'infantry squads'  determined by their names might go away with the codex. It might be also that those new detachments will give BATTLELINE keyword to other units, may be even to battletanks. All the rules are going to be in separate independant detachments' datasheets, so any outcome is possible.

Edited by Shamansky
formatting

7 hours ago, Shamansky said:

The last info from geedubs was telling about detacments (basically formations of the past), that will come instead of regiments.  

"Instead of choosing a subfaction or constructing your own, you now choose a single set of Detachment rules for your whole army. These include special abilities, Enhancements, Stratagems, and unit restrictions... Detachment choice will very rarely be tied to an army colour scheme. So while Ultramarines might be the theoretical and practical masters of the Gladius Task Force, other Chapters can use it too – and the same will be true of many other detachments as they are added into the game. This also means that you can try multiple Detachments with a single army. You are not going to be locked into a single Detachment just because you painted your army blue, or red, or yellow. " 

SO this variety of 'infantry squads'  determined by their names might go away with the codex. It might be also that those new detachments will give BATTLELINE keyword to other units, may be even to battletanks. All the rules are going to be in separate independant detachments' datasheets, so any outcome is possible.

I find it unlikely that the regimental specific datasheets will go away in 10th. I think we’ll still see generic, Cadian, Catachan and krieg datasheets. 

12 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I find it unlikely that the regimental specific datasheets will go away in 10th. I think we’ll still see generic, Cadian, Catachan and krieg datasheets. 

Well, yeah. Detachment datasheets. Shock troops, armoured, mechanized, recon, assault, drop troops (oh wishes, wishes) detachments