My Son's Deathskulls Orks

Nicodemus Doloroso

Greetings, xenos scum! 

... erm ... I mean ...

'Ello gits, dis 'ere is a post about a new Deathskulls klan dat's out to krump a bunch of really stoopid 'oomies. Deez 'oomies is so dumb they named deir planet "Poo Ladder"!

I'm doing a campaign with my two sons called The Phœladar Apostasy, and my 12 year old son is building an Ork army. In the WIP thread I liked to, we just posted his old skool looted Leman Russ. He doesn't really use the internet much yet, so I decided to start this thread so I could do some posts on his behalf, mostly to ask fluff questions since I don't know much about Ork fluff myself aside from what's in the 3rd edition codex which I acquired for this campaign.

As fortune would have it, he likes blue and painted a Kill Team he started with in blue colors and for his army wants to go with a Lootas and Looted vehicle theme ... so it worked out perfectly to discover that the Bloodskulls like blue and looting!

The storyline for our campaign will revolve around the hugely powerful psychic powers being manifested by the Ork Warboss who's been pillaging Phœladar, to the point that he's even turning humans to join his WAAAGH! (got the idea from the Codex: Witch Hunters "Narratives"). The Witch Hunters must put a stop to this abomination before more of the Emperor's servants are turned! How would humans "going Ork" manifest itself? I'm thinking of doing a houserule based on the "Armageddon Ork Hunters" list from White Dwarf where allied Imperial Guard troops have the "Mob Rule" and "Power of the Waagh" special rules. What do you think?

In the meantime, here is his first batch of Boyz:

Boyz.thumb.jpg.73d6e866a399a594ead7a1ba0675f772.jpg

Those Orks are really well done! Great to hear you’re able to share the hobby with your son; playing through a campaign helps keep things fun while adding motivation to build up the forces and get games in. Sounds like you have a cool narrative going as well. 

Im not sure what a humie going ork would look like, but adding “orky” rules to guardsman stat lines seems like a good idea you settled upon. 

Will be looking forward to updates on the campaign and the armies!

Awesome models !, so great to see your kids getting into the hobby and orks to :cool: Deffskulls are da best and blue is da luckiest kolour :laugh: , my orks are blue and  I’m glad your son picked em too !,

Cheers , M