ZeroWolf's Painting Trials

ZeroWolf

Indeed, more then me. I bought the box sets that the blade guard came in years ago..... they are still on the sprue. I get very easily distracted. Saying that though, I stuck to my guns so far today, started to apply a run of test paints for my Tyranids rather than start anything new.  

Looking forward to seeing more. 

3 hours ago, Eberious said:

Indeed, more then me. I bought the box sets that the blade guard came in years ago..... they are still on the sprue. I get very easily distracted. Saying that though, I stuck to my guns so far today, started to apply a run of test paints for my Tyranids rather than start anything new.  

Looking forward to seeing more. 

Thanks! I've locked down my nid scheme, got pretty close to what I had before. Good luck with your tests!

While I'm hoping to get some more work done tonight, this is looking to be where I'm at before Leviathan gobbles up all my time:

20230623_005552.thumb.jpg.e0871e17a259e17ebdba704a9a47e3f5.jpg

I've cleaned up where I found mistakes and got the texture paint on bases (I find it easier doing like this) three assault intercessors (the ones from the paint set with the unique poses) are also washed though annoyingly I found even more mistakes doing that!. If I get chance I plan to wash the rest tonight and be within striking distance of getting them all done before Call to Arms starts....

Looks like you're getting there. :smile: The texture paints work nicely, especially when washed with multiple colours to create variation in tone, and drybrushed :smile: 

23 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

before Leviathan gobbles up all my time

That's the problem with Tyranids, they gobble everything :tongue: 

Nice work bud, so much detail gobbles up time as well :sweat: , you miss little bits here n there and find them later so you have to back pedal and fix them etc (we’ve all done it :laugh:) at least your making the effort to power through them !!! 

cheers , M 

So...I still didn't get those figures finished like I hoped.

I was a little busy sorting these fellas out:

20230629_010009.thumb.jpg.bfe7098e21583f567b437ce1328a016a.jpg

the nid half of Leviathan is done (the space marines on the other hand...let's not talk about them!)

In my blog I've been doing a break down of the building process (link in my signature). Painting starts on these Saturday, wish me luck!

3 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Hey !! are you going to pledge these for the Call to arms Paint Challenge ???... it would be the perfect opportunity to do it !! :thumbsup:....

++EDIT++ 

I hope you got all the mold lines off em :tongue:

Cheers, M

In answer to both, I'm going to try my best :sweat::laugh:

They are all primed now...just playing the waiting game...

I quite liked the gaunts, they went together really nicely.  Hope you find a scheme you like! I'm going to have to play around for certain elements, like all the exposed brains that seem to be in abundance here...

2 hours ago, Eberious said:

I've been trying not to build anything until I've got my Tyranid paint scheme down, which isn't going great. 

Is it a case of not being able to decide on the colours, or working out how to implement it? Rather unsurprisingly, there's a lot of Tyranids painting content appeared on YouTube in the last month or so - I don't know if any it would help?

4 hours ago, BadgersinHills said:

Great stuff here! Just finished building the Tyranid half of Leviathan myself, looking forward to seeing your painting. 

Thanks! How did you find the build for them?

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

what scheme are you going to do for the nids? Also, any update on the ultramarines?

I'm doing green flesh and purple bone for the nids, though I am going to have to experiment for the brains as I want them to stand out. 

As for the Ultramarines, sadly I wasn't able to get back to them with building Leviathan taking all my time. At the very latest, I can pick them up again in October when I'm going to push myself to get the Leviathan half done before I get anything new (famous last words).

If I get my nids finished earlier I'm going to play in by here.

Finally have everything that needs a base coat of green, green. If I was to stick with my original plan, I'd now go and give everything a base coat of purple...but I don't have it in me to do that so...

20230708_010018.thumb.jpg.690aa860830e8d029f8f407490db276a.jpg

Here's two Neuroloids instead. I used aethermatic blue for the brains and I think it works, especially with the snowy bases they'll end up in.

My new approach will be to work at squad level, which means hopeful my first units complete will be these two and the Neurotyrant and then I'll go from there (I'm looking at the Neurogaunts next as I reckon they'll paint up fast.)