Blurring between Firstborn and Primaris incoming with 10th?

b1soul

1 hour ago, Doghouse said:

I think the easiest solution is just do Primaris that are firstborn that have crossed the Rubicon that go to battle in modified older marks of armour. I think they want to keep the Mk X silhouette though to be honest.

Yeah, if GW rolls out a box of modified Mk 7/Mk 8 with some funky helmets and says "these are Primaris" I do not think anyone would have an issue.

Or rather, most people would not have an issue. There are always a handful of sourpusses out there who will complain.

Oh, I would definitely be down (and hoped that it would be done more on the Sternguard) with a hybrid suit of MkX Tacticus that incorporates older Mk armor pieces in some form - been hoping for that since Mr. Goodwin talked about the ability of Tacticus to incorporate plates from previous Mks and the whole creation of Calgar’s new armor incorporating pieces of his Terminator suit (granted, they never said which pieces).

Edited by Bryan Blaire

9 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I'd love a new tac squad with some mk vii, some mk x and some a mix of those + others, but that's just my tastes on the matter.

I'd love to see new scale Marines wearing actual Mk VII and earlier marks. Not MkX with incorporated bits - actual suits. Why? Because these are relics of the Chapter, worn by heroes past. The suits are important parts of the Chapter, with stories passed down by the bearers.

Since that's probably a pipe dream, some actual meshing of the two with MkX with properly integrated previous marks (ie, not just one damn helmet in a squad :rolleyes:) would be good.

Primaris does different armort types a bit differently. Rather than being historic versions of the same thing, we instead get different functionalities, with tacticus, gravis, phobos, omnis

That said, I can admit I live in a better world than your average primaris player when it comes to variety in primaris helmet design. I think I barely got a single (completely) standard mk. X helmet in my 100+ strong primaris crusade, owing to the alternate knightly variants afforded to me by the BT upgrades, as well as just utilizing my large older bits collection. I just love slapping the occasional mk VII grill among my squads.

Here's a random shot of my swordbrethren I took just the other day, which I felt was emblematic:

image.thumb.jpeg.2d2017691debf0f4b5b4b401b5d24295.jpeg

12 marines, and there's just one standard mk.X in there, and it's got BT specific detailing on it.

I imagine if other chapters got the same variety, this would be less of an issue for people. Also, GW, it wouldn't kill you to try some alternate chestplate and greaves designs.

33 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

I imagine if other chapters got the same variety, this would be less of an issue for people. Also, GW, it wouldn't kill you to try some alternate chestplate and greaves designs.

They did a really interesting design with Ragnar Blackmane, sort of replicating the split MK VII/MK VI greaves they like to do on the old Blood Claw/Grey Hunter kit. A new Grey Hunter kit with that kind of design would go a long way.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

So, regarding the new sternguard vet with the helmet. Isn't the gorget also different, with the notch in front? Doesn't that imply the torso is also an older Mark of armor? Or am I imagining things?

Edited by MadGreek
Typo

15 hours ago, MadGreek said:

So, regarding the new sternguard vet with the helmet. Isn't the gorget also different, with the notch in front? Doesn't that imply the torso is also an older Mark of armor? Or am I imagining things?

I think its just a design choice to make sure the helmet fits or to show off the grill face

Edited by Cryptshadow