Wonder if the timing isn't a coincidence?

c8ubVDl6khZcYpuO.jpg

Collect everything you need to play exciting, dynamic campaigns of Adeptus Titanicus in one place with the Campaign Compendium, a 224-page compilation of every narrative supplement released thus far – that’s Titandeath, Doom of Molech, Shadow and Iron, The Defence of Ryza, and Crucible of Retribution. This essential companion is packed with background lore for five of the Titan Legions’ greatest battles from the Horus Heresy, 27 narrative missions, and a full campaign system for aspiring Princeps to play through.

That’s not all – also included are rules for fielding Households of Imperial Knights, up to and including entire armies of them, and options to create your own custom Titan Legion with rules of their own. This mighty tome will also be available as an e-book.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Definitely one to see reviews on first i think, if its straight reprints i already own the books and i suspect itll be a bit too pricy to just have knight rules in one place if there arent updates and improvements.

Does feel like an ominous capstone though and once again out of nowhere, feels like an afterthought.

13 hours ago, Mr Farson said:

This stinks of one last book to wrap up all the content prior to the system being replaced

Also makes me feel like a sucker for actually supporting the system by buying the books one by one as they came out. Is it any wonder so many "take to the high seas" these days when it seems like GW's entire sales strategy seems to be maxmising FOMO for initial purchases and then double-dipping with "fixed" material later on. Well they won't get me again with Epic, I'll stick with Armageddon.

Edited by Yodhrin

10 minutes ago, Yodhrin said:

Also makes me feel like a sucker for actually supporting the system by buying the books one by one as they came out. Is it any wonder so many "take to the high seas" these days when it seems like GW's entire sales strategy seems to be maxmising FOMO for initial purchases and then double-dipping with "fixed" material later on. Well they won't get me again with Epic, I'll stick with Armageddon.

Necromunda players learned this the hard way with Gang War 1-5.

It was a paid early access/playtest all along

1 hour ago, Yodhrin said:

Thats unfair, i bought the books too, have used tgem for YEARS, they were great value for what you got.

But the game moves on, either with epic or 2 ed, no harm in collecting it all for people,  as long as they updated all the rules and incoporated the faqs.  But for new players or those who could not afford at the time this is great. And i for one dont feel bad having got the books on release.

In fact i hope they do this in other systems too ( hh black books, 40 campaign books). 

2 hours ago, Allart01 said:

Necromunda players learned this the hard way with Gang War 1-5.

It was a paid early access/playtest all along

That was the point me and my group decided to never support Necromunda again and it was a good decision with the rules bloat that happened.

12 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

They're selling an ebook of this? I actually thought they'd stopped doing that. Depending on the cost, I think I want it for the lore.

The lore looks like a straight reprint of that in the existing books from what I've seen. If you have those, this may not be the book for you?

If you don't. Then it's a great resource.

I don’t have anything to add to the idea that this is a swan song for Titanicus beyond ‘I hope not’, so I’ll stick with my reaction to the content.

Having not collected the books as they were released, I’m pleased to see that the rules are finally being collected together (as I prefer fewer, larger rulebooks)  – and it looks like there are some revisions to things like the Crusade Legios. 

The Open War cards were a great addition, so I’m glad to see them return, too.

From what I can glean about the changes to crusade legios, they are minimal.

Basically all of the traits are identical to those we already have, but 6 have been graded as Majoris, so they cannot be combined with another Majoris trait, and you can only corrupt a crusade legio if you take the traitor specific Majoris trait.

The upshot it appears is that my choices will still be valid in the same combination I presently use, so I won't have to redo them.

The changes in this book, where there are any, are very minor. 

Crusade Legios have been fixed very slightly with the major/minor distinction being introduced. Unfortunately this has been done more or less randomly so it doesn’t feel like the more powerful traits necessarily became major. 

The knight rules haven’t been updated at all, even with the changes FAQ text for charging. And the allegiance stuff or updated battlegroup creation rules aren’t in there either. They just pasted in the text from Molech and Ryza. 

So they haven’t done much work, but you need this book if you want to create a legio or run a household. 

Whether this feels like the end of the game or not is debatable. It does feel a bit like they’re setting it up to be parked, but at the same time it’s a reasonable thing to bring together all the content in one place. 

Well if the rumours are true, and they do bring in EPIC, that allows the models to stay on sale, and be for both AT and whatever form new EPIC takes

AT would be effectively active, but complete with no further expansions, and the development focus would shift to Epic, with the Titans/knights etc being useable in both.

Possibly the same for the Aeronautica stuff.