What does everyone think of 10th so far?

Tacitus

One of the big selling points, we've been told, is the card system assists playing games. Scrolling through the Indexes on our phones is definitely not clean and quick, even with search functions since datasheets are linked through the leader mechanic.

Also, the rules aren't going to necessarily be digital for the Codex releases, as GW have been somewhat vague whether the downloads will continue once those are released.

Either way, incorrect information on quickly outdated cards and Codex books makes me rather discouraged to purchase them.

18 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

One of the big selling points, we've been told, is the card system assists playing games. Scrolling through the Indexes on our phones is definitely not clean and quick, even with search functions since datasheets are linked through the leader mechanic.

Also, the rules aren't going to necessarily be digital for the Codex releases, as GW have been somewhat vague whether the downloads will continue once those are released.

Either way, incorrect information on quickly outdated cards and Codex books makes me rather discouraged to purchase them.

Given the usual, I'd say ehh.

Rather than toe the water I'd rather they do what they had in the past with AoS with a free app that had all the unit sheets.

Edited by spessmarine

On 6/15/2023 at 8:52 AM, Captain Idaho said:

Exactly. Can´t agree but more.

I would even put more emphasis on the necesity to get card system while playng games: as almost every single unit is with special rule, you cannot do without the card reminder now. Especially that some close to similar units have special rules that differ from one to another (Land speeders come to my mind, but might apply to Predators or other units...). Looks like universal rules and profiles are not enough to discretize and each and every unit needs to be that special... taht cards are not a goodie to help but much more a structuring backbone of the game design philosophy. Cards are there to stay and be a bankable product - I guess we will pay te codex price twice: once for the book, twice for the cards. I do not really see why they should stay being freely downloadable in the future as it would either kill the codex incomes or reduce a sustancial source of extra income geenrated without too much extra work once the codex is done. Cards are pure margin.

I was excited at first but index games are going to be rough until codices come out. I just get a bland feeling about it all. Seems instead of toning down rerolls, strats and mortal wounds, they went hog wild and just gave it to everyone. I dislike what they did to tacticals since those are supposed to be the most flexible marine unit in the army and in my first born army I had several squads in razorbacks. Dark Angels look insane, glad I have a successor chapter of them  as well :P Overall though I am not super impressed and my 3D printer is going to be busy for awhile making my armies usable again.