My black Death Company Land Raider will make a comeback full of DC Intercessors. And I need to clean up my Drop Pods. I don't need new / bigger Drop Pods from GW, unless they make a bigger, plastic,  Dreadnaught Drop Pod to drop the Redemptor varieties.

40 minutes ago, MadGreek said:

My black Death Company Land Raider will make a comeback full of DC Intercessors. And I need to clean up my Drop Pods. I don't need new / bigger Drop Pods from GW, unless they make a bigger, plastic,  Dreadnaught Drop Pod to drop the Redemptor varieties.

Oh, yes please! Brutalis dread in a drop pod sounds like a blast!

I don't think the Redemptor Dreads will be able to deploy in the regular Pods. It would look strange to see a Mech that is significantly bigger than the Pod disembark from one.

Hopefully the Foregworld Dreadnought Drop Pod is well supported in 10th.

Time to get my Chaos Spartan painted up! I know most of the excitement here is for Primaris in oldschool transports but honestly being able to disembark after moving again is a bonus for pretty much everyone.

Edited by Halandaar

5 hours ago, Vassakov said:

Speaking of the Dark Gods... how many Possessed can you get in a Land Raider or a Spartan these days... not that my Gal Vorbak might be looking for a ride into the 41st Millennium! 

Possessed + Land Raider going to be nasty

8 hours ago, Vassakov said:

Speaking of the Dark Gods... how many Possessed can you get in a Land Raider or a Spartan these days... not that my Gal Vorbak might be looking for a ride into the 41st Millennium! 

Five right now.  They're 2 per slot like Terminators.

17 hours ago, Vassakov said:

Do you mean whole? Or sliced? Because the numbers change! Also depends on how you stack the bodies! :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I don't think the Redemptor Dreads will be able to deploy in the regular Pods. It would look strange to see a Mech that is significantly bigger than the Pod disembark from one.

Hopefully the Foregworld Dreadnought Drop Pod is well supported in 10th.

Leviathans can fit in Dreadnought Drop Pods - both concievably by model scale and by rules (?) - so it stands to reason that similarly scaled big boys like Redemptors could too.

Leviathan Dreadnought by denofimagination on DeviantArt

Forgot plastic tanks, Heresy should be bringing these to plastic and making them parts of both model lines.

Edited by Wispy

7 hours ago, Wispy said:

Leviathans can fit in Dreadnought Drop Pods - both concievably by model scale and by rules (?) - so it stands to reason that similarly scaled big boys like Redemptors could too.

Leviathan Dreadnought by denofimagination on DeviantArt

Forgot plastic tanks, Heresy should be bringing these to plastic and making them parts of both model lines.

FWIW, in 40k you can’t put/take dreadnoughts with 10+ wounds in the dreadnought pod in 9th edition.

Seems a bit ridiculous, but perhaps a bit of an effort at balancing. Misguided, I’d say, considering the absurd lethality of the edition and the cost of both an upgunned leviathan and a pod, but hopefully 10th will remedy the situation.

39 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

FWIW, in 40k you can’t put/take dreadnoughts with 10+ wounds in the dreadnought pod in 9th edition.

That is true but if the rumour about classic Boxnaughts being retired to Legends is true this may need revsiting. The Dreadnought Drop Pod and the existing Stormraven rules will need to be scrapped if classic Dreadnoughts are retired and not expanded to Primaris Dreads.

2 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I imagine the rules will be updated in 10th for all the transports.

It's very exciting to see how they take the game going forward. 

Can't wait to play it next weekend. 

Do you have plans to write up a post about your experience afterwards? I, for one, would be forever appreciative of a frater's opinion on the changes :biggrin:

18 hours ago, Lemondish said:

Do you have plans to write up a post about your experience afterwards? I, for one, would be forever appreciative of a frater's opinion on the changes :biggrin:

Yes I'll take notes when I'm there and will write up a detailed post when I return.

I imagine that all the regular YouTube personalities will talk about it over the weekend also. I'll be happy to answer some questions, and if I spot anything new I'll mention that also.

23 hours ago, Karhedron said:

That is true but if the rumour about classic Boxnaughts being retired to Legends is true this may need revsiting. The Dreadnought Drop Pod and the existing Stormraven rules will need to be scrapped if classic Dreadnoughts are retired and not expanded to Primaris Dreads.

Given the increase in vehicle toughness I could see Stormravens losing being able to take dreadnoughts or worse being priced too high

Hopefully vehicle mounted twin heavy bolters will come down in points too, they were very overpriced in 9th

Just now, Dark Shepherd said:

Given the increase in vehicle toughness I could see Stormravens losing being able to take dreadnoughts or worse being priced too high

Losing the ability would be a huge hit, but not out of the question if balance is the goal I suppose. Transporting a dread is kind of it's thing.

1 hour ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Hopefully vehicle mounted twin heavy bolters will come down in points too, they were very overpriced in 9th

Idk if they’d do that. The dreadnought transport capability is what makes the whole unit really unique, otherwise it is just a flying  landraider