2-Hour Paint Challenge

Go to solution Solved by Grotsmasha,

So following on from the store painting challenges and being something i want to try too going to issue a challenge to everyone. And pretty simple. 2 hours from undercoat. Preferably a basic marine but ill not land lock it. If all you have is a regular infantry go for it. Please no cheating etc. Wanna see what you can really do in a time limit 2 hours is tight but doable. No prizes just partipation. Im going to use a stopclock for myself as i know i get interrupted a lot and if you can do the same great. Ill try to keep drying times in the two hours for fairness too. A before and after pic too please! 

So without  adoo... let the painting commence!!!

Starting this off my my undercoated storm angel prepped and ready to commence.

20230425_112438.jpg

Edited by Brother nathan

Great idea. I'll need to save this thread somewhere and revisit it the next time I get around to painting.

I'm really looking forward to participating. Recently, largely because of my backlog, I'm quite fixated on time-per-model and am trying to optimise it to.

It'll be interesting to see how others do within this time constraint.

• Solution
3 hours ago, Dwango said:

Ooh. Like this idea. How long are you running it for? I'm off on hols for a few weeks on Friday but will definitely give it a go on my return. 

I think we'll leave it pinned for quite a while, no specific time-frame :thumbsup:

Can I do an Ork for this challenge?, If I did one of my white scars I guarantee I wouldn't get past white armour base with a recess wash :laugh:.

Cheers, M. 

++EDIT++ I finally remembered to time painting a model, 2 hrs goes stupid fast !! :tongue:

IMG_8175.thumb.jpeg.9a7196cc38d810a81b1cc1be126e1820.jpeg

Edited by Mumeishi

30 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

Can I do an Ork for this challenge?, If I did one of my white scars I guarantee I wouldn't get past white armour base with a recess wash :laugh:.

Cheers, M. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:24 PM, Brother nathan said:

If all you have is a regular infantry go for it.

If that's what you've got :thumbsup:

+++ Saved Post+++ (This will encourage me to do it ,very soon :laugh:

Doh I posted my model in the above slot :facepalm:

I guess that means I have to do another … but faster !! :tongue:

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi

Here we go, two hours of work on a model:

0BvuY89.jpg

Going from primed to base layer to basic colours to wash and pinwash to cleanup of black sections. Next step will be grey edge highlighting followed by cleanup of black sections again followed by cleanup of other colours.

Very interesting exercise, though I'd say I did this about 20% faster than my normal pace.

EDIT: Notable; literally did nothing with what I consider the 'extras' on the model - the separate pouches and such.

Edited by Disruptor_fe404

• 1 month later...

Did not shot a "before starting" pic, but anyway, here is the status of my Nob after 2:05:

image.thumb.jpeg.913903666f4c15600950491695e7dbcf.jpeg

This is the pic at 2:05: all main coloured areas done but almost zero details completed: grips, pounches, wood pole... remained to be done, as well as painting the base.

It then took me something like 50 minutes extra to complete all of these details, and the status is 99% finished at the moment. Only the base will need to a final touch of dry brushing... tomorrow. I will then post it completed so that he can lead my GorkaMorkas Boyz.

Interesting to see how a challenge can boost you up: I almost did not touch a single brush for one month until this. It had to go back to the supplies store to get new 00 brushes for this chap, and I took the opportunity to refill paints (reds and bones). Next objectives with these colours: my undercoated Aeldars (Saim-hann) to ride along the Dread already shown in my gallery. But I will not start until July, to set them into the next Challenge!

Edited: And here is the link to the Hall of Honour post with the fully painted chap:

Edited by Bouargh
Corrigendum + link to finished model