2-Hour Paint Challenge

Go to solution Solved by Grotsmasha,

excellent work and i agree, this has gotten me restarted at painting up my storm angels though i need more now... just trying to cheaply source a few more intercessors for the squad. 

reallly need to get another go at this though with an iron warrior. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So in 1hr 53m of painting I ended up with this:

large.Repentia1After.jpg.b0475c6c99f33bbac57a61cd0ffcccfc.jpg.22127e8c407e68afe94d3ff1a632150d.jpg

Green is perhaps a little washed out and the base is still wet but I am happy with that.  Her right shoulder needs a little work too but for the size/time limit and the fact I just painted white layering... I am happy with that.

Will try again tomorrow with the Arcoflagellant.

EDIT: And then Grot beats me to the punch with an outstanding model in less time.  Making me jealous mate.  Still, might have a crack at the Canoness on a later run as my sisters will all have metallic armour which I can sometimes pull off easily...

Edited by Brother Argent

And in about an hour and a half...

large.Arcoflagellant1After.jpg.231a32fdc1a7b89d9cebf82cd39ff61a.jpg.f1c361d751c1efd06ac215e1a3b0ee35.jpg

That took a lot less then expected...  Not the best image and he was looking decidedly Slaanesh for a while but I think I pulled it back enough.   I am really enjoying this 2 hour challenge thing.  I seem to be far more productive then usual.

On 4/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, Mumeishi said:

Can I do an Ork for this challenge?, If I did one of my white scars I guarantee I wouldn't get past white armour base with a recess wash :laugh:.

Cheers, M. 

++EDIT++ I finally remembered to time painting a model, 2 hrs goes stupid fast !! :tongue:

IMG_8175.thumb.jpeg.9a7196cc38d810a81b1cc1be126e1820.jpeg

Hey mate, can I ask your priming and colour choices/process?  How is it your colours are so vibrant?

• 1 month later...

@Sezarious PM Sent. 

I tried this again the other night  but with nurgle (shhh much easier :tongue:

I forgot to take the before pic but this is the only proof I have - 

IMG_9043.jpeg.0c6f8e06d09f166651be8e9ae252b86b.jpeg

and after 2 hours (all I missed was the eye and making the sword rusty metal) 

IMG_9040.thumb.jpeg.84049bf1dd6b1b6eeae5b7aa70c1fe81.jpeg

IMG_9041.thumb.jpeg.a1ad43a591438889aef33f2c42a0e5ea.jpeg

cheers, M 

• 3 weeks later...

Guard is cheating a LITTLE, but I got this battle psyker to a reasonably detailed standard in just over an hour and a half. It helped he’d been primed tan before I bought him and I didn’t need to do any basing, just touch ups from the boots :P

I REALLY need to replace my pot of Gehenna’s gold, though, it’s absolutely shot…

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So, with my commitments to various challenges starting to build up I figured I'd give this another go.  This guy is now primed but this is where he started a short while ago, poorly stripped and mostly unbased.  For some reason I couldn't get the paint to strip.  Had a similar issue with the Dread from Conquest so I am wondering if its the blue plastic.  Anyway, here I go...

large.ChaplainBefore.jpg.a85da9e1151725b18b66d224d4890037.jpg.9cff1cbe65f9b3db997bff4bf7f13a7b.jpg

So two hours later he is probably an hour or so from finished.  I was hampered by RL, missing good brush and for some reason my paint drying times were way up.  Still he is table top quality and I will get him finished tomorrow.

large.Chaplain2hrsin.jpg.51c4f3b50f34a62770fe9afe00d01059.jpg.1daf29292aefa59161c094c5833b0d87.jpg

Looks good. Whilst my nids barely use washes my storm angels rely on them and waiting on such would kill me with anything more complicated if i tried. Mind iv the rest of that squad to do and characters and such that i will try again around the christmas quiet phase.