Did he shoot a corpse, or do volkite weapons strip all flesh from bones & leave a pristine skull?

You can probably make it look ok by painting the skull dark brown/red with an internal red-orange glow with some burnt areas on the ground & armour, but the way they've painted it looks ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

Did he shoot a corpse, or do volkite weapons strip all flesh from bones & leave a pristine skull?

You can probably make it look ok by painting the skull dark brown/red with an internal red-orange glow with some burnt areas on the ground & armour, but the way they've painted it looks ridiculous.

It is quite silly mistake isnt it, but given the body is also half under a pile of rubble its the 'just been shot and still hot' part thats more wrong.  All excusable in a universe where white cloaks only get dirty along the bottom inch and other silly things that are more about fun than reality.

Edited by dickyelsdon

25 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

Theyre supposed to cause violent combustion of the body, to the point where it can kill people close enough. So the skull should be gone and it should be an internally charred suit.

50 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

He’s a pragmatic Imperial Fist. He didn’t assume the skeletonised corpse was no longer a threat, he made sure.

Sick.

I don't mind legion characters in resin. I think the smaller models aren't so bad to work with and price-wise aren't too bad either. For instance, the new legion praetors in Cataphractiic are 50 USD which isn't that far off the rough equivalent of 40 USD for Primaris Gravis HQs.

Plastic is obviously nicer to work with, but for the matter of legion-specific characters I think resin is palatable. Hopefully they get back to spreading the love to other legions...

3 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

Right with you - that confused me too - I'll definitely be going for the charred embers look for the skull when I paint him.

14 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

I think if the Night Lords Leviathan is any indication, they just don't seem to like actually painting gore? 

The studio painting style tries to make every detail stand out and instantly readable. Gore, like blood for the blood god, tends to obscure detail. So they don't use it, and a lot of their more macabre parts end up cartoony.

Hmm.... I wonder how difficult he'll be to convert to a Dark Angel....

1 minute ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

The studio painting style tries to make every detail stand out and instantly readable. Gore, like blood for the blood god, tends to obscure detail. So they don't use it, and a lot of their more macabre parts end up cartoony.

Bingo